ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 214 of 1207
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314714 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:40 PM 07-26-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Because it's not a real thing.

"What did you take that (photo) with? A potato?"

It's pretty common.
Not where I'm from or been apparently.
[Reply]
tooge 08:09 AM 07-27-2016
I generally agree. There's one restaurant here that does an amazing version though. Very light, herbaceous, with a housemade spicy ketchup.
I made Alton Browns meatloaf once and now I'm hooked. It's amazing. You also make a topping out of Ketchup, honey, and that worshchester sauce stuff. My kids request it all the time now.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:11 AM 07-27-2016
Originally Posted by tooge:
I made Alton Browns meatloaf once and now I'm hooked. It's amazing. You also make a topping out of Ketchup, honey, and that worshchester sauce stuff. My kids request it all the time now.
I had the chef at the restaurant give me a copy of the recipe... he reduced it down for home use, but his ratios were off. I haven't tried it since - the first attempt was disappointing.

I may give AB's a try. I've never really been blown away by his stuff, but it's always solid.

Never tried making ATK's version either, and I've never had a bad experience with them.

Maybe I just harshly judge meatloaf off my childhood experiences...
[Reply]
tooge 08:14 AM 07-27-2016
I love meatloaf. I love it on some mashed cauliflower/chives, and I love it even more the next day on toasted rye bread with some dijon mustard and pickle slices.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:16 AM 07-27-2016
I love meatloaf. I love it on some mashed cauliflower/chives, and I love it even more the next day on toasted rye bread with some dijon mustard and pickle slices.
I just did a quick search of ATK - they have a ton of recipes. I was intrigued by their "frosted" meatloaf, which his a good layer of mashed potatoes shmeared over it.
[Reply]
tooge 08:17 AM 07-27-2016
BTW, in the actual good eats show, AB sautes all the veggies first to bring out the flavors with the aromatics, then adds the meat, egg, and crushed bread. The online version on foodtv.com is different than his show version.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:19 AM 07-27-2016
BTW, in the actual good eats show, AB sautes all the veggies first to bring out the flavors with the aromatics, then adds the meat, egg, and crushed bread. The online version on foodtv.com is different than his show version.
I hate when they do that.

Which one's better?

I'd probably lean toward sauteing first. In addition to melding flavors in the aromatics, it softens them. One of the things I hated about meatloaf as a kid (and still do) is biting into a piece and getting nearly raw onion.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:20 AM 07-27-2016
I love meatloaf too. But I've only made my family's version which is an Italian one. It's really a giant oblong meatball, when I think about it. Add tomato sauce on top and cheese.
[Reply]
tooge 08:22 AM 07-27-2016
I hate when they do that.

Which one's better?

I'd probably lean toward sauteing first. In addition to melding flavors in the aromatics, it softens them. One of the things I hated about meatloaf as a kid (and still do) is biting into a piece and getting nearly raw onion.
OK, my mistake, It was Emeril's meatloaf that sautes the veggies and aromatics first. That's the one I use. I use AB's glaze over it. I had to look it up, but that is it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:23 AM 07-27-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I love meatloaf too. But I've only made my family's version which is an Italian one. It's really a giant oblong meatball, when I think about it. Add tomato sauce on top and cheese.
Would smash.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:23 AM 07-27-2016
I just did a quick search of ATK - they have a ton of recipes. I was intrigued by their "frosted" meatloaf, which his a good layer of mashed potatoes shmeared over it.
the only meatloaf I like is from an old old recipe book, probably 70s. They are mini meatloaves topped with mashed potatoes.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:23 AM 07-27-2016
OK, my mistake, It was Emeril's meatloaf that sautes the veggies and aromatics first. That's the one I use. I use AB's glaze over it. I had to look it up, but that is it.
There are recipes all over FN's site if you read the comments where the recipe instructions vary from how they did it on the show, so it wouldn't have surprised me.
[Reply]
Predarat 08:49 AM 07-27-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Lew, do you do bacon grease in your refried beans?
That is a MUST for me!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:49 AM 07-27-2016
I have much learn about refried beans. I just dump the can and heat....
[Reply]
Predarat 08:58 AM 07-27-2016
If you look at Meatloaf recipes, they are all over the place. Mine is pretty basic, since I am about the only one that eats it lol. I use 1 lb ground beef, chop up some onions, green peppers, tomatoes and throw them in there. Mix 1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs with 1/2 Cup Milk, I actually do that first thing to let it blend and soak in. Throw in some spices, salt, pepper, garlic, and sometimes I throw some heat in there, Chili Spice, Cayenne, Pepper Sauce ect.
[Reply]
Page 214 of 1207
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314714 > Last »
Up