ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 1203
« First < 111718192021 2223242531711215211021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
eDave 11:55 PM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
The wife made chili and I was craving a chili dog...
Those look delish. Perfectly cooked dogs.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:36 AM 10-17-2015
Originally Posted by Squalor2:
\

the cut of meat you call is a bit suspicious you may have a belly or a bacon. if the rind is skinny and makes little lard then you have the part closest to the cock. the better cut is is close to the chest.

I don't know what you're trying to say. It's the whole belly. The thing is like 2+ feet long. There is a skinny end, and one end that's fatter.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:31 AM 10-17-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Those look delish. Perfectly cooked dogs.
Perfectly DRESSED dogs. Cooked, they look for all the world like pork, turkey, filler, lips and assholes abominations.

All beef franks only!! There ought to be a law.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:03 AM 10-17-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Perfectly DRESSED dogs. Cooked, they look for all the world like pork, turkey, filer, lips and assholes abominations.

All beef franks only!! There ought to be a law.
I don't know... there's something nostalgic about the cheap pork, chicken, turkey franks.

There's place in my town that is famous for their dogs. Legend has it, Hank Williams used to come in, get drunk, write songs, get thrown out.

If you can imagine the 100-pack of cheap hot dogs from Aldi's - cheapest of the cheap. I'm pretty sure that's what they serve. And you know what, it's hard to beat. It's a classic.

Sure, if I'm having a hot dog, most of the time I want a quality dog. But a cheap dog is like Casey's pizza - when that's what you want, nothing else will do.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:02 AM 10-17-2015
I legitimately HATE Casey's pizza.

It could be because my brother and sister annoyingly want it EVERY time we get together, even though it costs my parents a damn fortune. Not a fan.

I gotta roll with BL on the franks though. I have little nostalgia for hot dogs, so the asshole and elbow dogs can get bent.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:02 AM 10-17-2015
/rant on Casey's pizza my damn siblings.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:03 AM 10-17-2015
Originally Posted by Squalor2:
\
the cut of meat you call is a bit suspicious you may have a belly or a bacon. if the rind is skinny and makes little lard then you have the part closest to the cock. the better cut is is close to the chest.
No the pork belly is a whole chunk of meat. That's what he bought.
[Reply]
Buzz 05:55 PM 10-17-2015
Calboli - Calzone topped like a Stromboli with black forest ham, mozzarella cheese and some light sauce. Not bad for my first attempt.
Attached: calzone.jpg (73.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:01 PM 10-17-2015
Calboli - Calzone topped like a Stromboli with black forest ham, mozzarella cheese and some light sauce. Not bad for my first attempt.
Nice job. :-)

Looks like a pretty good first try, maybe a little wet in the filling? Did you use fresh mozzarella or a particularly wet sauce?

One tip: If you do an egg wash on the crust you'll get a great color.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:11 PM 10-17-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Nice job. :-)

Looks like a pretty good first try, maybe a little wet in the filling? Did you use fresh mozzarella or a particularly wet sauce?

One tip: If you do an egg wash on the crust you'll get a great color.

I did make the sauce thinner than I normally do, I was surprised at the juice running out of them. I thought about doing the egg wash but with the price of eggs I said screw it and brushed on some butter.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:20 PM 10-17-2015
I did make the sauce thinner than I normally do, I was surprised at the juice running out of them. I thought about doing the egg wash but with the price of eggs I said screw it and brushed on some butter.
Calzones don't traditionally have sauce in them, do they? I think it's usually just toppings and served with sauce. Maybe something for next time. Did the crust get soggy with the thinner sauce?

Did you make the dough yourself? I've never made a calzone that I recall, but I've made scores of pizza.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:31 PM 10-17-2015
Calzones don't traditionally have sauce in them, do they? I think it's usually just toppings and served with sauce. Maybe something for next time. Did the crust get soggy with the thinner sauce?

Did you make the dough yourself? I've never made a calzone that I recall, but I've made scores of pizza.

Calzones have ricotta cheese and no sauce. The dough is the same for both, Calzones are folded over and crimped, Stromboli is rolled. The crust was not soggy and I wasn't sure how they would turn out with my Fun House Pizza dough recipe. Yes, I make my own dough.
Attached: IMG_20151016_205638.jpg (66.3 KB) IMG_20151016_210144.jpg (62.8 KB) 
[Reply]
RobBlake 06:31 PM 10-17-2015

i always figured they were extremely cheesy *mmmmmmm cheese* and had dipping sauce.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:33 PM 10-17-2015
Calzones have ricotta cheese and no sauce. The dough is the same for both, Calzones are folded over and crimped, Stromboli is rolled. The crust was not soggy and I wasn't sure how they would turn out with my Fun House Pizza dough recipe. Yes, I make my own dough.

Awesome! Nice work.
[Reply]
Cannibal 07:16 PM 10-17-2015
Elk and Blue Cheese burger
Attached: image.jpg (88.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Buzz 10-17-2015, 08:36 PM
This message has been deleted by Buzz. Reason: not nice
Page 21 of 1203
« First < 111718192021 2223242531711215211021 > Last »
Up