ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1121 of 1207
« First < 12162110211071111111171118111911201121 112211231124112511311171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:33 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Share your journey. I love Mexican food, and cook it a shitload.
Definitely. Feel like Chicago might be top 5 in Mexican population and likely higher in overall Hispanic population than PHX so I’ll be trying to tap more into the SW US take on things than what I’ve been exposed to in the Midwest.

One obvious space is green chilies and the flour tortilla of northern Mexico (which if I recall we’re on the same page with).
[Reply]
Stryker 08:40 PM 05-18-2022
We actually had fajita steak po-boys tonight. Grill bell pepper and white onion. Then add fajita steak. Simmer and serve on New Orleans French bread. Cover with provolone cheese and broil until cheese is melted. Serve. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 08:58 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Definitely. Feel like Chicago might be top 5 in Mexican population and likely higher in overall Hispanic population than PHX so I’ll be trying to tap more into the SW US take on things than what I’ve been exposed to in the Midwest.

One obvious space is green chilies and the flour tortilla of northern Mexico (which if I recall we’re on the same page with).
You'll make the southwest proud.

I feel like a gringo because I prefer flour tortillas and that doesn't seem to be the standard for soft tacos.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:07 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You'll make the southwest proud.

I feel like a gringo because I prefer flour tortillas and that doesn't seem to be the standard for soft tacos.
Flour tortillas shit all over the best corn tortillas. They’re flour, salt, water and fat. Perfection.

I think of it as similar to regional differences like molasses vs vinegar based bbq sauce in the US. Both are good, one is just preferred based most likely on where you’re from and what you’ve been exposed to. Half of MX prefers flour over corn.
[Reply]
In58men 09:10 PM 05-18-2022
Nice. You partially freeze it and slice it thin?

I'm not sure I could bring myself to use a good ass ribeye for that. I'd have probably bucked it down to sirloins or something.
It only cost $13 at Walmart, but it was a legit USDA cut.

Yeah partially frozen then I sliced it.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:45 PM 05-18-2022
I had a pork burrito.
[Reply]
threebag 09:49 PM 05-18-2022
Bacon Lettuce tomato x 2

Warming up for homegrown tomatoes, can’t wait
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:49 PM 05-18-2022

Definitely.

There is a giant (per capita - obviously in my part of the world) Latino population and a lot of variability even in the authentic stuff.

But the gal running the grocery store that I've talked about is bar none the best I've ever had.

But there is a lot of good stuff out there, even some of the less authentic stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:09 PM 05-18-2022
Flour tortillas shit all over the best corn tortillas. They’re flour, salt, water and fat. Perfection.

I think of it as similar to regional differences like molasses vs vinegar based bbq sauce in the US. Both are good, one is just preferred based most likely on where you’re from and what you’ve been exposed to. Half of MX prefers flour over corn.

Yeah, I'm a flour guy other than this outfit in Garden that is through the roof.

So I am cleaning up carbs in my diet. This is hard on mexican food, but I managed to find these which saved Mexican food for me. They're not as good as good ones, but they're good enough to eat, not like that Keto bread shit.

What I've been doing is pounding out a chicken breast, throw this Grande Gringo shit on there, chop up an onion radially, oil, salt and fuckload of pepper. Put a pan on the top rack and get the sheet as close to the element as possible and stick it on broil. Takes like 7-8 minutes, onions are done chicken is done, cheese and salsa and it's quick and good. Not great, but really good. And pretty healthy.

This is the salsa I make. I fucking love it. Can't get enough. (sans cilantro. Stupid genes)

[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:17 AM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Philly cheesesteaks on the Blackstone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OUTSTANDING!
[Reply]
threebag 07:23 AM 05-19-2022
Yeah, I'm a flour guy other than this outfit in Garden that is through the roof.

So I am cleaning up carbs in my diet. This is hard on mexican food, but I managed to find these which saved Mexican food for me. They're not as good as good ones, but they're good enough to eat, not like that Keto bread shit.

What I've been doing is pounding out a chicken breast, throw this Grande Gringo shit on there, chop up an onion radially, oil, salt and fuckload of pepper. Put a pan on the top rack and get the sheet as close to the element as possible and stick it on broil. Takes like 7-8 minutes, onions are done chicken is done, cheese and salsa and it's quick and good. Not great, but really good. And pretty healthy.

This is the salsa I make. I fucking love it. Can't get enough. (sans cilantro. Stupid genes)

Those carb balance tortillas aren’t bad if you season them while you warm them on a cast griddle. I use a little lard and a variety pepper blend I made up.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:49 AM 05-19-2022
Yep I use the Mission carb balance tortillas for most everything unless its something special I'm making.
[Reply]
scho63 08:05 AM 05-19-2022
Looks great and much better when you don't burn the house down. I'm guessing that grill is far away from the inside of your place. :-)

Originally Posted by In58men:
Philly cheesesteaks on the Blackstone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[Reply]
ptlyon 08:06 AM 05-19-2022
I gotta shit just looking at that picture
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:29 AM 05-20-2022
Grilled Chicken with cheesy middle and grilled red bell peppers

first time grilling this year IDK what's wrong with me but I grill every week usually but trying get my Mojo back.
[Reply]
Page 1121 of 1207
« First < 12162110211071111111171118111911201121 112211231124112511311171 > Last »
Up