ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 57
« First < 6465253545556 57 >
Media Center>Dexter (Showtime)
ChiefsFan4Life 10:38 PM 10-20-2006
Anyone watch this show?

I was bored and watched all three episodes that have been aired so far on OnDemand. I actually think the show is pretty damn good so far, I like the character a lot.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:01 AM 01-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
Here's what I hope happens:

Spoiler!
:-) No thanks.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:16 PM 01-08-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:49 PM 01-08-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kevrunner 08:49 PM 01-08-2022
Harrison did realize something that never crossed my mind for the entirety of the series, not only was Dexter killing people that deserved to be killed, Dexter was also saving lives, potential future victims that would have been killed. I never thought about all the future murders that Dexter was preventing. He’s a hero, should be getting medals. I feel pretty dumb.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:28 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
Harrison did realize something that never crossed my mind for the entirety of the series, not only was Dexter killing people that deserved to be killed, Dexter was also saving lives, potential future victims that would have been killed. I never thought about all the future murders that Dexter was preventing. He’s a hero, should be getting medals. I feel pretty dumb.
That isn’t Dexter’s primary motivation for doing what he does, though, which should have been obvious to Harrison in watching how much Dexter enjoyed his kill last week.
[Reply]
BigRock 09:25 AM 01-09-2022
I didn't hate it because overall I always liked the series. But this whole thing has been varying degrees of absurd. I mean, it's all based on the premise that, after a decade of blending in, Dexter suddenly just had to kill some random fratbro. It was weak from the jump.

Remember when Dexter had to lead the dead guy's scent away from his place because dogs were being brought in? So he dug back down to where he hid the body (with his son asleep right inside) and he took the guy's clothes and went back out to the crime scene and danced all around to spread the scent from there back to the road? And all this after they'd established there were cameras all around in the woods? But they just never mentioned the cameras ever again so it didn't matter?

And then Dexter had to dig the guy's body back up (again with his son asleep right inside but hearing nothing) and took it to a giant incinerator that had never been mentioned before, which apparently you can just drive right up to and throw things in, but somehow he didn't just do that in the first place?

Remember a couple episodes ago when Dexter got shot? LOL

Dexter needs a drug to do his usual ritual, but he acknowledges he doesn't have access to the stuff he used before. So he gets some ketamine from the vet. Then his girlfriend googles ketamine + Miami murders and the top result is the Bay Harbor Butcher, with the text on the screen literally saying the victims were injected with ketamine, even though the show already acknowledged that's not the drug Dexter used back then. Seriously, how did this fall through the cracks?

I could keep going, including with stuff from the finale but I won't get into any spoilers. But really, 10 years after one of the most hated/mocked series endings of all time and they get a chance to redeem it and this was the effort they put out. Kinda sad.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:44 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by BigRock:
I didn't hate it because overall I always liked the series. But this whole thing has been varying degrees of absurd. I mean, it's all based on the premise that, after a decade of blending in, Dexter suddenly just had to kill some random fratbro. It was weak from the jump.

Remember when Dexter had to lead the dead guy's scent away from his place because dogs were being brought in? So he dug back down to where he hid the body (with his son asleep right inside) and he took the guy's clothes and went back out to the crime scene and danced all around to spread the scent from there back to the road? And all this after they'd established there were cameras all around in the woods? But they just never mentioned the cameras ever again so it didn't matter?

And then Dexter had to dig the guy's body back up (again with his son asleep right inside but hearing nothing) and took it to a giant incinerator that had never been mentioned before, which apparently you can just drive right up to and throw things in, but somehow he didn't just do that in the first place?

Dexter needs a drug to do his usual ritual, but he acknowledges he doesn't have access to the stuff he used before. So he gets some ketamine from the vet. Then his girlfriend googles ketamine + Miami murders and the top result is the Bay Harbor Butcher, with the text on the screen literally saying the victims were injected with ketamine, even though the show already acknowledged that's not the drug Dexter used back then. Seriously, how did this fall through the cracks?

I could keep going, including with stuff from the finale but I won't get into any spoilers. But really, 10 years after one of the most hated/mocked series endings of all time and they get a chance to redeem it and this was the effort they put out. Kinda sad.
Yeah, these things are very "meh" and the show def suffers from the details that made a show like Breaking Bad pretty amazing, but I still enjoy it for the unique plot.
[Reply]
Bump 06:44 PM 01-09-2022
that ending sucked
[Reply]
kevrunner 07:59 PM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
that ending sucked
What a letdown, that was a very disappointing ending.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:28 AM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Spoiler!
Exactly what I expected. They sort of telegraphed it in last week’s episode. I don’t think this season quite pulled together all the pieces in the end, but at least it entertained and had a better finale than the first time around.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:30 AM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by BigRock:
Yeah that was a pretty glaring example of that. It kind of made me wonder if the writers of the next few episodes just completely forgot that.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:02 AM 01-10-2022
ugh
[Reply]
kevrunner 05:41 PM 01-10-2022
I was at least excited that we’d get a scene reuniting Angel Batista and Dexter, what a tease and then not get it, that made the ending worse for me, I thought sure it was happening.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:46 PM 01-10-2022
I was at least excited that we’d get a scene reuniting Angel Batista and Dexter, what a tease and then not get it, that made the ending worse for me, I thought sure it was happening.
Yeah, there was no point in even having his scene in the finale if it didn't lead to anything. Is there a cut scene that didn't make the episode?

Odd for sure.
[Reply]
Bump 02:00 AM 01-11-2022
ya that was pretty whack that it didn't happen.

what a let down. They should have went with my prison idea.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 57
« First < 6465253545556 57 >
Up