ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 221
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
DBoweShow 05:41 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'm headed to the current river next month. I'm really looking forward to spending a day on the water.
I've been gigging on the current river before. Pretty neat experience, although I was only around 10 at the time.
[Reply]
ZootedGranny 05:56 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Truman Lake water temp is still around 49-50. Keeping a close eye on it and am ready to head down and catch a shitload of slabs.
I'm going down April 6th & 7th for bass. The water should be 55+ by then, hopefully.

I went out to my mom's pond last Friday and caught 44 in about 3 hours. It's cheating, fishing a farm pond with zero pressure, but it doesn't make it any less fun. Nothing but dinks the first two hours, took a break and then came back near sundown and pulled in probably 50 lbs worth of fish in an hour.
[Reply]
loochy 06:00 PM 03-20-2012
I've never been on the Current. What kind of fish do you go for? Trout, smallmouth?
Trout. I really don't go downstream far enough to get into the smallies. I usually do the Blue Ribbon water that starts up where the trout park ends.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:00 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by ZootedGranny:
I'm going down April 6th & 7th for bass. The water should be 55+ by then, hopefully.

I went out to my mom's pond last Friday and caught 44 in about 3 hours. It's cheating, fishing a farm pond with zero pressure, but it doesn't make it any less fun. Nothing but dinks the first two hours, took a break and then came back near sundown and pulled in probably 50 lbs worth of fish in an hour.
And this pond is where?
[Reply]
loochy 06:01 PM 03-20-2012

please tell me that you didnt keep them
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:02 PM 03-20-2012
Trout. I really don't go downstream far enough to get into the smallies. I usually do the Blue Ribbon water that starts up where the trout park ends.
We do the same thing on the Niangua. Was down there earlier this month and I caught around 29 trout in a couple of days. No need to go into Bennett Park when the fishing is that good in the river.
[Reply]
loochy 06:05 PM 03-20-2012
We do the same thing on the Niangua. Was down there earlier this month and I caught around 29 trout in a couple of days. No need to go into Bennett Park when the fishing is that good in the river.
How is the Niangua? I have some family about an hour north of there...when we go visit and I get bored, I think I'll take a trip down and go fishing one day.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:13 PM 03-20-2012
I'm headed to the current river next month. I'm really looking forward to spending a day on the water.
I love that river. Although I'd like to go in the off season of canoeing and try to fish
[Reply]
ZootedGranny 06:26 PM 03-20-2012
And this pond is where?

please tell me that you didnt keep them
Of course not.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:27 PM 03-20-2012
I love fishing.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:24 PM 03-20-2012
How is the Niangua? I have some family about an hour north of there...when we go visit and I get bored, I think I'll take a trip down and go fishing one day.
I like it. We fish from just outside the park down the river to the boat ramp. Usually just kill them on power bait.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:28 PM 03-20-2012

Of course not.
:-)
[Reply]
Craqhead 08:30 PM 03-20-2012
good fishing site,

www.ozarkanglers.com/forums
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:59 PM 03-20-2012
I caught a big fish last year.