ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 221
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:36 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Those look pretty small to me R8ers. Gonna be a bitch to filet.
Sushi.

HTC Inspire/Cleardroid
[Reply]
Dayze 07:37 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by R8ers:
Gonna be 82 here again today... I am going crappie fishing.

HTC Inspire/Cleardroid
is that your sperm?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:45 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Dayze:
is that your sperm?
Yes.... Frisky boogers

HTC Inspire/Cleardroid
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:53 AM 03-15-2012
Caught some catfish off the river a couple nights ago. Was trying for Walleyes....

Went to my favorite lake last night, it's not ready yet. Didn't get shit. When it warms up it will be rocking again though.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:16 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Caught some catfish off the river a couple nights ago. Was trying for Walleyes....

Went to my favorite lake last night, it's not ready yet. Didn't get shit. When it warms up it will be rocking again though.
Fishing is slow here today, water temperature is 59.2

HTC Inspire/Cleardroid
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:20 AM 03-15-2012

Sitting under the Bridge now

HTC Inspire/Cleardroid
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:27 AM 03-15-2012
Fishing is slow here today, water temperature is 59.2

HTC Inspire/Cleardroid

My lake was 48.2 when i first looked in the middle, and 52.5 by the time we got clear up in the creek where i usually have my best luck.
[Reply]
boogblaster 08:52 AM 03-15-2012
channelcats are pickin up .. hittin live shad .....
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:54 AM 03-15-2012

Sitting under the Bridge now

HTC Inspire/Cleardroid
Find some sticks and branches.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 10:24 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Find some sticks and branches.
Yea, we tried that too, needs about 5 more degrees to get em on the move.... High 70's for the next 5 days so we should get there this week
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:31 AM 03-15-2012
Yea, we tried that too, needs about 5 more degrees to get em on the move.... High 70's for the next 5 days so we should get there this week
They are active in NJ, they should be hitting by you. Although they tend to like the hour before sunset up here.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 10:45 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
They are active in NJ, they should be hitting by you. Although they tend to like the hour before sunset up here.

They have been catching them but today there was no wind, the lake was like glass, I prefer a little wind when fishing...

I can't go that late during the week, have to take a nap about 1 ish so I can work tonite
[Reply]
Dayze 11:35 AM 03-15-2012
I would really like to get into fishing...but I know jack about it. and no boat.

and like Steven Wright says "There's a fine line between fishing, and standing on the shore like an idiot.
[Reply]
Donger 11:38 AM 03-15-2012
I would really like to get into fishing...but I know jack about it. and no boat.

and like Steven Wright says "There's a fine line between fishing, and standing on the shore like an idiot.
Me too. I've got to figure out the best way to catch rainbow trout with artificial bait (no-fly fishing).
[Reply]
NewChief 11:38 AM 03-15-2012

Best way to get into fishing is to find someone who likes to fish and learn from them.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 221
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up