ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 44
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>No Chris Jones at OTA's.
O.city 10:15 AM 05-21-2019

As expected, Chiefs DT Chris Jones has not reported for the start of OTAs this week, per a source.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 21, 2019

[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:47 AM 06-12-2019
i dont see how he doesnt have a killer year with more "down linemen" and what should be a much better rotation to spell him.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:50 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
i dont see how he doesnt have a killer year with more "down linemen" and what should be a much better rotation to spell him.
While that makes logical sense, he has a bad habit of taking plays off and is a reason our run d has been so shitty.
[Reply]
synthesis2 07:50 AM 06-12-2019
its basically do you wanna risk an ascending player hitting the open market and letting the market potentially push your price up even more and or losing him or try to get 110% out of him again because hes in a contract year? weve been burned on the contract year several times. he wants donald money and thats a bank breaker, but another season of donaldish numbers may just push it even farther.
If it gets way out of hand you tag and trade him like the sea chickens did with Clark to us. If he refuses to play next year after this year then we tag him and find someone to give us a first for him and we trade him off. Still come out looking good either way. I want the guy but either way we hold the cards
[Reply]
Sorce 07:54 AM 06-12-2019
My argument is based on the assumption that he is trying to get paid as the top interior lineman in the league. If that's the case and he has another good year he's still going to want to be paid that way. A lot of us are speculating here. One side he's not already asking for the contract he would get if we tagged him next year and negotiated. I'm looking at it from the standpoint if he's already asking for that contract let him prove it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:06 AM 06-12-2019
hes basically a top 3 interior lineman correct? and every time a top 5 anything gets paid anymore they get paid the biggest contract for that positon in history unless five gets paid immediately after 1 gets paid. so give him a little more than donald and get it over with. its gonna happen eventually either way.

everyone says he was known for taking plays off, i remember that from college and i remember that as a rookie but i really dont remember him doing that much last season from what i remember he was meh in run d because he was over aggressive and would penetrate into the back field instead of filling gaps too often but i dont remember him just checking out for a drive like he did in college. (note im no film expert and didnt do a break down or anything but i did watch jones more than others because he was one of two defensive bright spots)
[Reply]
staylor26 08:22 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
He's not. Fletcher Cox is.

I made a poll on Footballsfuture forum and everyone said Cox and rightfully so.

I'm just saying that because I've seen someone else on this forum say the same you're saying and it's just not true.
Lol ok. I guess that settles it then.

Cox is getting credit for his career, because Jones was significantly more productive on significantly fewer snaps in 2018.

If you want to say Cox is a better all around interior DL, you have an argument. But he was not the better pass rusher in 2018 and I don’t really care what everybody on ”Footballsfuture” said.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:23 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
While that makes logical sense, he has a bad habit of taking plays off and is a reason our run d has been so shitty.
Yea he racked up 14 sacks taking a lot of plays off :-)

That’s nonsense and nothing more than a dumb narrative.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:27 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s the second best interior pass rusher in the league and only 24 years old.

You’re an idiot if you don’t think we should pay this man. How’s the defense going to get better when you let young blue chippers walk in their prime?
Pay him yes. All in for that but not some long crazy money deal that we regret in 2 years. We have had enough of that. If he wants to be greedy then he can be traded for a CB. We need another more than him.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:31 AM 06-12-2019
you either pay out the ass or have second tier talent guys...

that works if your bill bellicheck.
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:28 AM 06-12-2019
you either pay out the ass or have second tier talent guys...

that works if your bill bellicheck.
It’s Getting damn ready to start working for Andy.

PMII Effect
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea he racked up 14 sacks taking a lot of plays off :-)

That’s nonsense and nothing more than a dumb narrative.
He's not the most disciplined in the run game.

Rushing the QB is more important atleast.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:42 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
It’s Getting damn ready to start working for Andy.

PMII Effect
mahomes, as good as he is, cant make average defensive tackles look like chris jones. bellicheck works because he has great qb play and hes a defensive guru.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:57 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Sure, but there’s a difference between that and “taking plays off”.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:01 AM 06-12-2019
Footballs future :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:05 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

No it isn't. Rushing the QB did shit for us last year. We need run stoppers and a tough secondary. Not a 20 mil per year DT.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 44
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up