ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Final 2021 Mock Draft
staylor26 10:25 PM 04-27-2021
58. Payton Turner, EDGE, Houston- perfect marriage of scheme fit, BPA, and need here. The closer we get, the more it feels like the Chiefs might need some luck for Turner to even make it to 58, but I think he does. With his length and athleticism, I think Turner is a perfect fit at LE for Spags.

63. Elijah Molden, CB, Washington- It appears that the Chiefs are looking for a corner that can play inside so that they can move Sneed outside. Molden, who’s often compared to Tyrann Mathieu, gives the Chiefs a starting day 1 NB allowing Sneed to take over at RCB and Mathieu to be the ultimate chess piece that he is.

144. Robert Hainsey, C/OG, Notre Dame- Blythe, Long, Wylie, and Rankin will all be free agents after the season. The Chiefs will take a versatile interior offensive lineman at some point of this draft. Early on day 3 is my guess and Hainsey could be your starting C or RG in 2022.

175. Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR, Illinois- Great size and athleticism. If the Chiefs were to miss out on a WR early, I’d prefer they take a high upside guy on day 3. Veach sounds like he’s targeting a WR in the middle rounds, and I’m sure he’d be drooling over a guy like Imatorbhebhe at this point of the draft.

181. Darrick Forrest, S, Cincinnati- The Chiefs could really use depth at safety and Forrest gives them somebody with versatility. He should easily beat out Watts for a roster spot and give the Chiefs an upgrade at their 4th safety spot.

207. Buddy Johnson, LB, Texas A&M- Johnson doesn’t quite play like his measurables would lead you to believe, but he’s still got the kind of athleticism at the MLB position that the Chiefs would take a shot on with their last pick. He could potentially be the future replacement for Hitchens.
[Reply]
In58men 07:30 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Why the hell would we take a RB in the 2nd round a year after taking a RB in the first round?
Chiefs were interested in Gio Bernard, so they very well could take RB at some point. Not sure how much value they’re willing to put into the position though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:04 PM 04-28-2021
It would be a waste of a 2nd round pick. I don’t care if he’s Hunt 2.0. We have bigger needs.
[Reply]
In58men 08:16 PM 04-28-2021
It would be a waste of a 2nd round pick. I don’t care if he’s Hunt 2.0. We have bigger needs.
Obviously, but that’s the point of a “dark horse” pick lol.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:25 PM 04-28-2021
Then my dark horse pick is QB, Kellen Mond.
[Reply]
In58men 08:44 PM 04-28-2021
Let’s not get dramatic. Chiefs have shown interest in RB, so there’s a legitimate need.

Williams and CEH behind this OL could very well intrigue Veach. It’s a definitely a good dark horse pick if you ask me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:17 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Let’s not get dramatic. Chiefs have shown interest in RB, so there’s a legitimate need.

Williams and CEH behind this OL could very well intrigue Veach. It’s a definitely a good dark horse pick if you ask me.
A 2nd rounder warrants the criticism. It would be an awful pick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:26 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:

Just because they wanted to sign a 3rd down RB in FA doesn’t mean that they’ll waste a 2nd round pick on one.
[Reply]
In58men 09:28 PM 04-28-2021
Just because they wanted to sign a 3rd down RB in FA doesn’t mean that they’ll waste a 2nd round pick on one.
We also wouldn’t trade for Brown
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:31 PM 04-28-2021
Doesn't mean they won't waste it either, Damien is gone and there is a spit to fill.

If a player is has the ability to be elite you select him, thus not making it a waste with Mahomes at the helm
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:34 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Doesn't mean they won't waste it either, Damien is gone and there is a spit to fill.

If a player is has the ability to be elite you select him, thus not making it a waste with Mahomes at the helm
no player is elite standing on the sideline.

Unless you're suggesting they should bench CEH or just take an actual pass catcher off the field.

Taking a RB in the 2nd round would be about the worst possible pick they could make.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:39 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Unless you're suggesting they should bench CEH or just take an actual pass catcher off the field.

Taking a RB in the 2nd round would be about the worst possible pick they could make.

CEH isn't 20+ carry RB, Like Kamara and Ingram with the Saints CEH will need to split the load.

Javonte can fulfill that role.

The Chiefs needs are different than most because of Patrick Mahomes
[Reply]
In58men 09:40 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

It would be one of those knee-jerk reaction picks, but after a week or so everyone would be very intrigued with the new backfield. I would definitely say “wtf are we doing”, but fully on board later lol. I just trust Veach that much, I might be a little crazy. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:46 PM 04-28-2021
CEH isn't 20+ carry RB, Like Kamara and Ingram with the Saints CEH will need to split the load.

No RB is a 20+ carry back with Reid.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:46 PM 04-28-2021

So can a 4th rounder or even a UDFA.

We need DE's and defensive backs, WR's and possibly backup or developmental offensive linemen.

Taking a RB in the 2nd round would just be an awful waste of resources. I mean, everybody said David Montgomery was Hunt 2.0 and he's really not.

People need to stop looking for the next Kareem Hunt. He's gone. He's not coming back.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:47 PM 04-28-2021
No RB is a 20+ carry back with Reid.
In 6 or 7 games a season, no RB is a TEN carry back with Reid.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up