Brown 19 90.48%
This is a superbly hard choice, and I'm not sure I can make it. 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Brown vs. Darrisaw
Direckshun 02:40 PM 04-26-2021
Here's your poll for the season:

The Chiefs swapped their first down to a 2nd, and gave up their 3rd and 4th, to trade up 10 spots or so and get OT Christian Darrisaw. (There's also a late round pick swap in 2022.)

Or the Chiefs trade all that right now for Orlando Brown.

Do you have a preference between the two?
[Reply]
kcbubb 08:44 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The only thing that I've "owned" in this thread is you.

I'd gladly sell you to the highest bidder but there have been no bidders, which isn't surprising considering the fact that you're a butt****ing moron.
You argue like my kids.😆. If you weren’t a cp member for 20 plus years, I’d assume you were 12.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:55 PM 04-26-2021
I am amazed that some here don’t believe Veach wouldn’t try to protect his half billion dollar investment in “the franchise...”

FFS
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:02 AM 04-27-2021
In this hypothetical situation, the cost is the same, so the only real difference is experience.

If the compensation in terms of draft picks is the same, you take the proven player.

Of course, the reality is that the compensation to move up to get Darrisaw would likely be MORE than what we gave up for Brown.

There's just no way to say Darrisaw would have bean a better option. The reason you take the draftee is because he's young and fresh. Brown is 24 and his best year's are ahead of him.

Absolute no brainer.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:21 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
In this hypothetical situation, the cost is the same, so the only real difference is experience.

If the compensation in terms of draft picks is the same, you take the proven player.

Of course, the reality is that the compensation to move up to get Darrisaw would likely be MORE than what we gave up for Brown.

There's just no way to say Darrisaw would have bean a better option. The reason you take the draftee is because he's young and fresh. Brown is 24 and his best year's are ahead of him.

Absolute no brainer.
There's no good argument to give up MORE in draft capital for the unproven player that you HOPE may be what Zeus already IS. None.

He's cheap one more year, and we could franchise him if we needed to, but I doubt it comes to that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:32 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There's no good argument to give up MORE in draft capital for the unproven player that you HOPE may be what Zeus already IS. None.

He's cheap one more year, and we could franchise him if we needed to, but I doubt it comes to that.
Exactly.
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Absolute no brainer.
The contract would be my sticking point in this theoretical. With Darrisaw, you would have 5 cheap years and a franchise tag year if you want.

With Brown, you pretty much have to lock him up pretty quickly.

They can't likely afford to get up to get Darrisaw so it doesn't really matter anyway.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:17 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I love how you’re hiding behind your speculation. That’s very weak and cowardly. You criticize everything that you disagree with and call people idiots and then hide behind your opinions by saying, I was just speculating.
You're stupidity knows no bounds.

And I do not call "everyone" that I disagree with an "idiot". That word is reserved for true idiots such as yourself.

Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Let’s assume you were speculating... Direckshun has done the same thing that you supposedly did, speculate. He’s basically said Darrisaw could be cheaper but is it worth the risk? And your “speculation” was much worse than his with penciling in Niang at LT and you attacked him (see below). You’re a hypocrite.
You're a sad little man. TinyEvel apologized not only to me but the forum for telling you about Chiefsplanet.

Direckshun has been posting weekly and daily mock draft since he was Voyager and I've made fun of him ever since, as have many other CP members. The last thing he needs is for you to White Knight him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:22 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The contract would be my sticking point in this theoretical. With Darrisaw, you would have 5 cheap years and a franchise tag year if you want.

They can't likely afford to get up to get Darrisaw so it doesn't really matter anyway.
Better to deal with the known than the unknown, which is why the Chiefs first choice was to sign Trent Williams and keep all of their draft choices.

Once that option was gone, they focused on OBJ. I seriously doubt that they would have given up multiple firsts and seconds in order to to move up to the top half of the round, especially given their top-heavy roster.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:36 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Let's look at it hypothetically. Trading up to get Darrisaw would probably require getting in front of the Chargers and Vikings. That's the #12 pick.

Last year's 13th pick was a tackle - Tristan Wirfs. He got a $9.35M signing bonus, so his cap numbers look like this:

Year 1 - $2.950M
Year 2 - $3.688M
Year 3 - $4.425M
Year 4 - $5.163M

The 5th year option will likely be somewhere in the realm of a $6M cap hit.

Compare that to a possible contract for Brown, using Trent Williams contract numbers:

2021: Final year of his rookie contract, $3.384M
2022: Year 1 of new contract: $8.187M
2023: Year 2 of new contract: $14.120M

Williams' contract is a pretty standard backloaded contract that explodes to over $20M in Year 3 but is offset by a positive dead cap number, so it's essentially a 2-year deal.

As you can see, the price differential isn't as big as it sounds at first glance. You're talking about a $10M difference in 2023 with the potential of re-doing Brown's contract and lowering the number back down to roughly $8M in year 4.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:34 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
TinyEvel apologized not only to me but the forum for telling you about Chiefsplanet.
TinyEvel is a good dude and I’d love to have sake bombs with him again after a chiefs game. Good times after a game. No doubt that I post ideas that are contrary to popular opinion occasionally but what’s the fun with always agreeing with popular opinion? Isn’t that part of the point of chiefs planet?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up