ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Meck Mock:Gimme back my Trophy
Chris Meck 06:27 PM 04-24-2021
#58-Dyami Brown, WR North Carolina
He's always here, and i run several mocks each morning on both PFN and Draftnetwork. (alternate: Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR.)

#63-Payton Turner, DE Houston
He's always here, too. Good Spags style Edge.
(alternate: Joe Tryon, DE).

#144-Divine Deablo, S Virginia Tech
perfect for Sorensen's role. Who better to replace the great white hope from BYU than The Devil? Dirty Dan makes the occasional big play, but also whiffs on a dozen a game. Time to get better.

#175 Trey Hill-OC Georgia
Blythe's on a one year deal, and Hill has real potential.

#181 Benjamin St. Juste, CB Minnesota
Good size and ball skills for a Spags corner. We continue the late round steal at this position.

#207 Chris Evans, RB, Michigan
You can pick your guy, really, but I think we're going to take a guy late, and I like Evans' potential. Looked like a star to start his college career, then missed a season to injury and had an iffy 2020.

I didn't list any alternates after round 2 because player availability is just all over the place and who the hell knows? But at least in the second round, some combination of those players seem to be available.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:34 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, for sure!

I was just thinking about him today and the fact that there's been so little buzz about his addition.

The dude is an outright ****ing stud and with an even average end opposite Clark, this line will be among the best in the league, if not Top 3.
He's a big upgrade for sure. I think people have just been so focused on the glaring hole at LT that he kind of fell through the cracks.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:36 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Hill would be a steal at that point. He just needs to go through Todd Haley's fat shaming program for awhile and he's good to go.
Yeah I think a year in an NFL training room would do him wonders.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:41 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I... ok, look, I don't get what you guys see in Dyami Brown. There, I said it.

As much as we bitch about Hardman, he can do homerun balls. So can Hill. Hell, Robinson has done as much for us in the past, too.

We need a WR who can get first downs consistently. What do you all see in his hands and route running that makes you think he can do that?

No, that doesn't mean go with the giant slow elephant guy or the short-area quickness guys only, but Brown to me just seems too much like a one-note WR. A type of WR that we have PLENTY of on the roster.

No, I don't hate Brown. No, I won't bitch if we draft him. I'd just rather have other guys, that's all.
Well, what I see is a guy that could beat people vertically, so that's what he did. He's got the top end speed to threaten deep, but he's also quick, and while he didn't cut those routes off all that much in college and ran a limited route tree that doesn't mean he can't. I see a guy who fights for the ball, and for extra yards. I think the sky's the limit for him. I see Amon-Ra as a similar prospect; neither is perfect of course, but that's why they're likely to go in the second round. There's star potential there with some polishing though.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:46 AM 04-25-2021
I should note-

I didn't take any LB'ers. While I don't disagree that we could stand to upgrade the position, particularly in coverage, I just don't see how a high level pick is going to see the field much in 2021 or even possibly 2022.

Hitchens is blah in coverage, but he's so important as the defensive QB that he's not coming off the field unless he's injured. Gay showed real promise, and I expect he's penciled in as your day one WLB. We're in sub packages like 75% of the time.

So I don't think drafting a LB is the best use of what is now really thin draft resources when we can get potential starters into the 5th round. (Hill I think is a potential OC as soon as 2022.)
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:57 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Why you no like the debbil?

I think Deablo is a bigger, faster Sorensen.
I just like JaCoby Stevens more.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:59 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I just like JaCoby Stevens more.
I like Stevens in that role too.

I ran simultaneous PFN and DN mocks when I was picking my guys yesterday and Stevens has moved up apparently on the DN player ranking and was unavailable in that slot anymore, whereas he's usually been there.

Plus, Divine Deablo is the coolest name ever. LOL

I'd be pleased as punch with either.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:26 PM 04-25-2021
For what it's worth, Brugler has Deablo rated as a late 3rd to early 4th rounder while he has Stevens as a late 6th to early 7th.

I'd pretty well agree with him there. I think Deablo is much more consistent and more talented overall than Stevens in just about every aspect of the game. I'm very high on Deablo. I don't know if he'll be there late 4th, but I'd love the pick. I wouldn't mind Stevens with one of those late 5ths or our 6th either, but I do worry a bit about his mental make-up.

As for Brown, I think I've put enough out there on my thoughts on him but I'll say this, he does well running underneath and alot better than many give him credit for in these quick draft snippets of opinion. Chris Simms went in depth on how much he also likes Brown's game outside of just going deep. The routes he was asked to run underneath were very good. I think he's going to be a stud.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:34 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
As for Brown, I think I've put enough out there on my thoughts on him but I'll say this, he does well running underneath and alot better than many give him credit for in these quick draft snippets of opinion. Chris Simms went in depth on how much he also likes Brown's game outside of just going deep. The routes he was asked to run underneath were very good. I think he's going to be a stud.
People only need to look to Tarheels OC Phil Longo. Look at his WR's in recent drafts - a lot of them had this same "criticism" about being a deep ball-only guy and they overcame it big time. Just look at DJ Metcalf and AJ Brown.

Longo is a Mike Leach disciple but there's a fundamental thing about his offense that bears discussing:

Longo's offense puts an emphasis on simplifying the QB position by moving some responsibility to other spots - namely WIDE RECEIVER.

All WR's in Longo's offense are required to learn every coverage. They rely on pre-snap reads to determine the best available routes and run A LOT of option routes depending on defensive alignments and coverage.

After reading up on the subject, I am firmly convinced that Dyami Brown will be the latest 2nd round Longo-coached prospect that will exceed his draft day status.

In case you're interested:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/co...olific-offense
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:37 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
People only need to look to Tarheels OC Phil Longo. Look at his WR's in recent drafts - a lot of them had this same "criticism" about being a deep ball-only guy and they overcame it big time. Just look at DJ Metcalf and AJ Brown.

Longo is a Mike Leach disciple but there's a fundamental thing about his offense that bears discussing:

Longo's offense puts an emphasis on simplifying the QB position by moving some responsibility to other spots - namely WIDE RECEIVER.

All WR's in Longo's offense are required to learn every coverage. They rely on pre-snap reads to determine the best available routes and run A LOT of option routes depending on defensive alignments and coverage.

After reading up on the subject, I am firmly convinced that Dyami Brown will be the latest 2nd round Longo-coached prospect that will exceed his draft day status.

In case you're interested:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/co...olific-offense
Interesting! I did not know that. It makes me like Dyami even more.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:44 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Interesting! I did not know that. It makes me like Dyami even more.
Yeah, after kccrow kept bringing up Brown and talking him up, I decided to do some research and that's what I found.

I will say this:

I'm glad Crow was so adamant because after doing a lot of reading, Brown is my favorite WR (realistic) prospect in this draft.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:46 AM 04-26-2021
Now the question is this.....would you be okay if they traded up in the 2nd to get Brown?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:53 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Now the question is this.....would you be okay if they traded up in the 2nd to get Brown?
Given that they have no 3rd round pick, I'd prefer they stay put.

However, I wouldn't shit myself and cry if they traded up. I'm convinced Brown is going to be a stud.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:56 AM 04-26-2021
So is there anybody else in the Rondale Moore corner or is it just kcbubb?

htismaqe's post on UNC's offense has me buying more stock in Dyami Brown now.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 03:48 PM 04-26-2021
I think we took ourselves out of the running for Brown unless we trade up, especially with Marshall falling... I'm thinking he's gone somewhere around the 40th pick. Idk what we have to get there
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:05 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So is there anybody else in the Rondale Moore corner or is it just kcbubb?

htismaqe's post on UNC's offense has me buying more stock in Dyami Brown now.
Dyami maybe a great wr but he’s too much like hardman. Mostly a deep threat with skinny legs.

I can’t understand how so many compare Rondale to hardman when dyami is clearly much more like hardman. It’s like people just see his height and say rondale and hardman are the same.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up