ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Crow's 2021 What I Want Mock Draft
kccrow 07:03 AM 04-24-2021
I'll preface by saying that my original draft of this had Joe Tryon, DE, Washington at #31. Since the Chiefs blew up my original with the trade for Baltimore Ravens OT Orlando Brown, Jr., I had to go back to my think tank on a couple picks. After a down couple of years, here's hoping this year's version turns things around...

I want two offensive tackles, a quarterback, two pass rushers, two corners, and I'll figure the rest out. - Andy Reid

Clinging to that philosophy, here we go:

Round 2 #58 (f/BAL) | DE Payton Turner, Houston (6'5" 270)

Turner is the type of long, explosive defensive end with the ability to transition inside/out that Spags seems to value and is a prototype LDE for a 4-3 team like KC.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Round 2 #63 | CB Paulson Adebo, Stanford (6'1" 198)

Adebo is a long, physical corner with the athleticism to match receivers early in routes and run with them downfield and he has plus ball skills, something Veach values.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Round 4 #144 | LB Tony Fields II, West Virginia (6'0" 222)

Fields is a run and chase weakside linebacker with good coverage abilities on TEs and RBs out of the backfield and in zone that this team sorely lacks, just never confuse him with a run thumper.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Round 5 #175 | WR Austin Watkins, UAB (6'2" 207)

Watkins is an outside "X" type of receiver with enough athletic ability to keep defenders honest and simply catches the football when it's thrown his way, which is all this offense really needs from the position.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Round 5 #181 | OL Larry Borom, Missouri (6'5" 322)

Borom is a versatile, big-bodied lineman with good fundamental athleticism, a mean streak, and solid pass protection that projects well inside to either guard spot.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Round 6 #207 | RB Gerrid Doaks, Cincinnati (5'11" 228)

Doaks is a big runner with good quickness and speed that shows solid vision, outstanding pass protection, and good receiving skills to be a do-it-all rotational piece.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Roster
QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne
FB: M. Burton
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, D. Williams, G. Doaks
WR: T. Hill, D. Robinson, M. Hardman, B. Pringle, A. Calloway, A. Watkins
TE: T. Kelce, N. Keizer, B. Bell

LT: O. Brown, M. Rankin, P. Tega Wanogho
LG: J. Thuney, Y. Durant
OC: A. Blythe, N. Allegretti
RG: L. Duvernay-Tardif, K. Long, L. Borom
RT: M. Remmers, L. Niang

DE: F. Clark, M. Danna
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, J. Reed, K. Saunders
DE: P. Turner, T. Charlton

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: A. Hitchens, E. Smith
WLB: T. Fields, B. Niemann, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, P. Abedo, R. Fenton, T. Keyes, D. Baker
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, D. Sorensen, A. Watts, R. Clemons

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:12 AM 04-25-2021
Doaks looks really talented! ...that sideline catch, hoo-boy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:55 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Josh Imatorbhebhe is a SPARQ monster who could be had in the 5th or 6th round
I like him a LOT actually.

Also, Simi Fehoko is a similar receiver with basically the same size and skillset.

I go back and forth between wondering if Andy is intrigued by this type of receiver as we've brought in several FA's or UDFA's with this type of body or whether this type of body just isn't quick enough to execute in this offense.

I tend to think as we've become more and more vertical since the move to Mahomes that there's a spot for a big WR here.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:58 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It'd be nice, but when is he going to play?

I'd like to upgrade Hitchens too, but he's literally the QB of the defense, he lines everybody up. No rookie is going to take that spot.

And Gay we haven't given a chance yet, but I love the athleticism.

And that's 70% of the LB snaps right there.
When? Go back and look at how many snaps Niemann took last season. That’s when the new LB would play.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:03 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
When? Go back and look at how many snaps Niemann took last season. That’s when the new LB would play.
No, because Gay would take most of the planned snaps, and unless Hitchens misses time to injury, Niemann doesn't get those snaps this season either.

Niemann probably gets some snaps in base 4-3, but we're not in that but about 25-30% of the time.

So if you're talking a rookie LB, he'll get a slice of what is a max 30% of defensive snaps.

I'm not opposed to it, if he's your eventual Hitchens replacement, but realistically you're probably looking at 2023 for that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:10 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No, because Gay would take most of the planned snaps, and unless Hitchens misses time to injury, Niemann doesn't get those snaps this season either.

Niemann probably gets some snaps in base 4-3, but we're not in that but about 25-30% of the time.

So if you're talking a rookie LB, he'll get a slice of what is a max 30% of defensive snaps.

I'm not opposed to it, if he's your eventual Hitchens replacement, but realistically you're probably looking at 2023 for that.
Well in my mind....I’m drafting a LB in the 5th to 6th round, say a Buddy Johnson, and I’m replacing Hitchens after this season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:26 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well in my mind....I’m drafting a LB in the 5th to 6th round, say a Buddy Johnson, and I’m replacing Hitchens after this season.
well, that's a tall order for that late a pick, but if it worked out that'd be cool.
[Reply]
Wilson8 06:31 PM 04-25-2021
Looks good. I would like that draft
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up