ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Crow's 2021 What I Want Mock Draft
kccrow 07:03 AM 04-24-2021
I'll preface by saying that my original draft of this had Joe Tryon, DE, Washington at #31. Since the Chiefs blew up my original with the trade for Baltimore Ravens OT Orlando Brown, Jr., I had to go back to my think tank on a couple picks. After a down couple of years, here's hoping this year's version turns things around...

I want two offensive tackles, a quarterback, two pass rushers, two corners, and I'll figure the rest out. - Andy Reid

Clinging to that philosophy, here we go:

Round 2 #58 (f/BAL) | DE Payton Turner, Houston (6'5" 270)

Turner is the type of long, explosive defensive end with the ability to transition inside/out that Spags seems to value and is a prototype LDE for a 4-3 team like KC.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Round 2 #63 | CB Paulson Adebo, Stanford (6'1" 198)

Adebo is a long, physical corner with the athleticism to match receivers early in routes and run with them downfield and he has plus ball skills, something Veach values.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Round 4 #144 | LB Tony Fields II, West Virginia (6'0" 222)

Fields is a run and chase weakside linebacker with good coverage abilities on TEs and RBs out of the backfield and in zone that this team sorely lacks, just never confuse him with a run thumper.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Round 5 #175 | WR Austin Watkins, UAB (6'2" 207)

Watkins is an outside "X" type of receiver with enough athletic ability to keep defenders honest and simply catches the football when it's thrown his way, which is all this offense really needs from the position.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Round 5 #181 | OL Larry Borom, Missouri (6'5" 322)

Borom is a versatile, big-bodied lineman with good fundamental athleticism, a mean streak, and solid pass protection that projects well inside to either guard spot.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Round 6 #207 | RB Gerrid Doaks, Cincinnati (5'11" 228)

Doaks is a big runner with good quickness and speed that shows solid vision, outstanding pass protection, and good receiving skills to be a do-it-all rotational piece.

Bio:
Spoiler!

Roster
QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne
FB: M. Burton
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, D. Williams, G. Doaks
WR: T. Hill, D. Robinson, M. Hardman, B. Pringle, A. Calloway, A. Watkins
TE: T. Kelce, N. Keizer, B. Bell

LT: O. Brown, M. Rankin, P. Tega Wanogho
LG: J. Thuney, Y. Durant
OC: A. Blythe, N. Allegretti
RG: L. Duvernay-Tardif, K. Long, L. Borom
RT: M. Remmers, L. Niang

DE: F. Clark, M. Danna
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, J. Reed, K. Saunders
DE: P. Turner, T. Charlton

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: A. Hitchens, E. Smith
WLB: T. Fields, B. Niemann, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, P. Abedo, R. Fenton, T. Keyes, D. Baker
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, D. Sorensen, A. Watts, R. Clemons

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:07 AM 04-24-2021
Looks pretty good to me, crow.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:21 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Looks pretty good to me, crow.
Thanks man. I really wanted to put Dyami Brown there in 2 but I just don't think he's there that late, and jumping up to where I think we'd need to be to get him is probably too costly. We'll have to see where it shakes out. I originally had a move that went for it, but losing those 3-4-5 picks took alot of ammo out of the equation. I had used a future 3rd and this year's third in a big move up to 39 to get Brown to go with Tryon at 31, then trading two 4th's and a 5th to move up to the top of 4 for Ambry Thomas at CB. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:20 AM 04-24-2021
Love it. I’m all in on Turner in the 2nd now too. Like I said in the “who would you bet on the Chiefs taking?” thread, I changed my pick from Forsythe to Turner following the Brown trade.

It just makes too much sense with 2 picks in that range now.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:45 PM 04-24-2021
As a caveat, I'd likely jizz all over myself if my guys fell in Tryon and Brown and those were the picks. I have to be as realistic as my eyeballs tell me and I think neither, much less one of the two falls. I'd also be excited if Humphrey fell and he was one of them, but like Tryon and Brown, I feel he's top 40 material, and probably doesn't make it past Miami.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:52 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Love it. I’m all in on Turner in the 2nd now too. Like I said in the “who would you bet on the Chiefs taking?” thread, I changed my pick from Forsythe to Turner following the Brown trade.

It just makes too much sense with 2 picks in that range now.
I like Turner but I'm feeling he comes off the board somewhere in the 40's
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:17 PM 04-24-2021
There's just no way 80 guys can all go in the top 40.

Some will fall, and we'll be surprised.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:28 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Certainly.

For me, if I'm looking at some of these guys and how I personally rank their floor it's Brown as 6th best WR, Tryon as 5th best ER but fits both schemes and Humphrey as 2nd best OC.

Now, I could be completely off base.

I certainly think Turner is there, I haven't seen many boards with him even rated in the 2nd, much less high 2nd, and I think he's a lesser version of Basham.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:07 PM 04-24-2021

Well uh yeah, but it still doesn't change my thought that Turner will go early. Can play in any system and is a player on the rise and is 100% the kind of player that Bill Belichick would draft.

I'd be all for it if he made it to us.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:19 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Well uh yeah, but it still doesn't change my thought that Turner will go early. Can play in any system and is a player on the rise and is 100% the kind of player that Bill Belichick would draft.

I'd be all for it if he made it to us.
I'm just saying that due to the weird year of plague and opt-outs, no seasons, half-seasons, etc. that projections are all over the place.

If you go do a mock at PFN, and then Draftnetwork, you'll see player rankings several rounds apart. I'm seeing it in "expert mocks" too.

Joe Tryon's either a late first rounder or a late third rounder. Or somewhere in between, for example.

I've seen Turner anywhere from early second to late fourth.

Dyami Brown late first to later third.

It's nuts.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:51 PM 04-24-2021
I will say this-it would appear that if you don't get an edge or a WR in the second, that there isn't much left by the late fourth at all but serious projects.

Safety is a position where a Sorensen replacement like Deablo or Jacoby Stevens can be had at that late fourth area.

And there are some interesting CB prospects that will go late due to playing at smaller schools like Appalachian State.

Or, I could be totally wrong, and Jacoby Stevens goes at the top of the second.

Who the fuck knows?

But I like Dyami Brown or Amon-Ra St. Brown in the second.

I like Turner, Perkins, or Tryon in the second too.

Some combination of that should be available.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:03 PM 04-24-2021
I will say this-it would appear that if you don't get an edge or a WR in the second, that there isn't much left by the late fourth at all but serious projects.

Safety is a position where a Sorensen replacement like Deablo or Jacoby Stevens can be had at that late fourth area.

And there are some interesting CB prospects that will go late due to playing at smaller schools like Appalachian State.

Or, I could be totally wrong, and Jacoby Stevens goes at the top of the second.

Who the fuck knows?

But I like Dyami Brown or Amon-Ra St. Brown in the second.

I like Turner, Perkins, or Tryon in the second too.

Some combination of that should be available.
Yeah it would be nice to get a LB in the 2nd but I think you can still get one later one who can help.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:32 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah it would be nice to get a LB in the 2nd but I think you can still get one later one who can help.
It'd be nice, but when is he going to play?

I'd like to upgrade Hitchens too, but he's literally the QB of the defense, he lines everybody up. No rookie is going to take that spot.

And Gay we haven't given a chance yet, but I love the athleticism.

And that's 70% of the LB snaps right there.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:42 PM 04-24-2021
I'm just saying that due to the weird year of plague and opt-outs, no seasons, half-seasons, etc. that projections are all over the place.

If you go do a mock at PFN, and then Draftnetwork, you'll see player rankings several rounds apart. I'm seeing it in "expert mocks" too.

Joe Tryon's either a late first rounder or a late third rounder. Or somewhere in between, for example.

I've seen Turner anywhere from early second to late fourth.

Dyami Brown late first to later third.

It's nuts.
I'm not going to debate that because there's nothing to debate there IMO.

I'm just projecting off his growth, how he fits with teams and how he did the last year.

I'd be surprised if a lot of teams didn't like him. Especially teams that run a 3-4. This class sucks for 5's.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:59 AM 04-25-2021
Josh Imatorbhebhe is a SPARQ monster who could be had in the 5th or 6th round
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up