ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Thought on this year's QB class from actual NFL teams...
htismaqe 10:44 AM 04-23-2021
2021 NFL Draft: Pro execs, scouts, coaches break down the QB class

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-dr...n-the-qb-class

Spoiler!

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:19 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I posted the article in a thread in the main forum but they know who they want.

Lynch said yesterday that Shanahan has the ultimate say.

Shanahan said, and I quote, "we felt that we needed a good starting quarterback this year and add that to our team."

They moved up to #3 to take Mac Jones and that's been the plan all along.
That would be good for us.

Shanahan + Lance would be a problem.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:21 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
That would be good for us.

Shanahan + Lance would be a problem.
Yeah, I mean the only real downside is that Lance falls to Denver but you know how I feel about Lance - he needs the right fit to be developed.

I don't think Denver can help him succeed so I'm not all that worried about him going there. That being said, I didn't think the Chargers would be an ideal fit for Herbert either and I was wrong, so anything can happen.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:29 AM 04-27-2021
Yeah, I mean the only real downside is that Lance falls to Denver but you know how I feel about Lance - he needs the right fit to be developed.

I don't think Denver can help him succeed so I'm not all that worried about him going there. That being said, I didn't think the Chargers would be an ideal fit for Herbert either and I was wrong, so anything can happen.
Well, you might have just been a year early on Herbert. They are changing coaches. I still think he will play well but I am selling Herbert stock this year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:52 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Well, you might have just been a year early on Herbert. They are changing coaches. I still think he will play well but I am selling Herbert stock this year.
The coaching change certainly doesn't help a guy who's biggest weakness coming out of college was his consistency.

I'm still not completely sold on Herbert but I'm also not one to dig in my heels when I was clearly wrong. I sold him way short last year.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:43 PM 04-27-2021
I posted the article in a thread in the main forum but they know who they want.

Lynch said yesterday that Shanahan has the ultimate say.

Shanahan said, and I quote, "we felt that we needed a good starting quarterback this year and add that to our team."

They moved up to #3 to take Mac Jones and that's been the plan all along.
7:25 — The moment everyone’s been waiting for. What will the San Francisco 49ers do after their big trade up to the No. 3 spot? Kyle Shanahan instructs a staffer to call in the pick: Alabama quarterback Mac Jones. GM John Lynch starts to crack up. Seconds later, Goodell announces Jones to San Francisco. Lynch’s smile gets wiped away, and the blood drains from his face as he turns to Shanahan in the draft room.

“Wait, you were serious?” Lynch asks in disbelief. “I thought this was all ploy to fool Chris Simms — you know, like one of those “Nathan For You” episodes! We moved up nine spots and gave up two future firsts to take Mac Jones??”

Shanahan adjusts his flat-brim, looks at Lynch and shrugs.

The 49ers have their quarterback of the future.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:44 PM 04-27-2021

7:33 — Our first trade of the night. The Denver Broncos move up from No. 9 to No. 4 to take North Dakota State quarterback Trey Lance. The Atlanta Falcons move back five spots and pick up three additional second-round picks — one this year, one next year and one in 2023. Lance gives the Broncos an intriguing, high-upside option on what is an underrated roster. Drew Lock, watching at home, can’t believe it. He puts his headphones on, blasts some Jeezy and sits alone in a dark room for the next several hours.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:46 PM 04-27-2021
The Top 10 most-bet NFL Draft props at BetMGM (in order) are:

3rd Overall Pick
First Running Back Drafted
First Defensive Player Drafted
Which team will draft Ja’Marr Chase
Total Offensive Linemen Drafted in Round 1
2nd Overall Pick
Total Wide Receivers Drafted in Round 1
Total Running Backs Drafted in Round 1
Total QBs Drafted in Round 1
Which team will draft DeVonta Smith
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:38 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
7:25 — The moment everyone’s been waiting for. What will the San Francisco 49ers do after their big trade up to the No. 3 spot? Kyle Shanahan instructs a staffer to call in the pick: Alabama quarterback Mac Jones. GM John Lynch starts to crack up. Seconds later, Goodell announces Jones to San Francisco. Lynch’s smile gets wiped away, and the blood drains from his face as he turns to Shanahan in the draft room.

“Wait, you were serious?” Lynch asks in disbelief. “I thought this was all ploy to fool Chris Simms — you know, like one of those “Nathan For You” episodes! We moved up nine spots and gave up two future firsts to take Mac Jones??”

Shanahan adjusts his flat-brim, looks at Lynch and shrugs.

The 49ers have their quarterback of the future.

Yeah, after passing on Mahomes and Watson you know Shanahan's brilliant plan to make up for that is..

Mac Jones.

:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:53 AM 04-28-2021
Isn't it nice to not really give a shit?

Like...I don't really care about any of the QB's in the draft, because we're good for the next 10-15 years.

Don't give a fuck.

Passing interest only, no pun intended.

But I think if Zach Wilson receives decent coaching, I think he'll eventually be better than Lawrence.

Maybe not day one.

But really, I don't care.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up