Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Want a top OT, heres the way
chiefforlife 11:23 AM 04-20-2021
Report: Giants “considering” trade down from No. 11
Posted by Josh Alper on April 20, 2021, 12:06 PM EDT
NFL: FEB 25 Scouting Combine
Getty Images

With a little more than a week to go before the start of the draft, reports about teams looking to move up or down the draft board are starting to accumulate.

The Giants are one of the subjects of those reports. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the team is “internally considering” whether to move out of the No. 11 pick and drop down while picking up other assets.

If the Giants were to make such a deal, it would represent a major change in operating procedures. General Manager Dave Gettleman has never traded down in the first round while serving in that role for the Giants or during a previous stint with the Panthers.

The Giants’ aversion to such deals predates Gettleman’s tenure by a good margin. They last traded down in the first round of a draft in 2006 when they dealt the No. 25 pick to the Steelers for No. 32, a third-round pick, and a fourth-round pick. The Steelers picked wide receiver Santonio Holmes while the Giants dealt for edge rusher Mathias Kiwanuka.

Im only saying that if Veach wants, say Darrisaw, heres the move. Puts us in front of Chargers.
It would take a bunch of capital to do it but now its possible.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:24 AM 04-20-2021
No.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:31 AM 04-20-2021
I dont think any of the LTs are worth going up that far. The drop off isnt that big that we couldnt wait till later.

BUT its now possible if Veach decided he wants to.
[Reply]
In58men 12:42 PM 04-20-2021
If Waddle is somehow there @ 11 count me in, not for OL though :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:46 PM 04-20-2021
Not only no but fuck no.

Trading up to 11 would cost the top end of this year's draft AND next year's. No way.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:16 PM 04-21-2021
Would for Sewell.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:10 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Would for Sewell.
Sewell, yes, please! ...for one of those Bama WRs!? hmmmm :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:06 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Would for Sewell.
Sewell isn't getting past Carolina at 8. We don't have enough valuable picks to get that high.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 01:28 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sewell isn't getting past Carolina at 8. We don't have enough valuable picks to get that high.
I have seen a few mocks where Sewell falls to around 10.

I think it may be worth the risk. LT is the second hardest position in football to find talent.

How many decent LT are there in the league? 10?

The chances of there being 4-5 high end in this draft is very small.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:34 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
I have seen a few mocks where Sewell falls to around 10.

I think it may be worth the risk. LT is the second hardest position in football to find talent.

How many decent LT are there in the league? 10?

The chances of there being 4-5 high end in this draft is very small.
If you're willing to trade that many picks, you might as well just go get Orlando Brown Jr. He'd actually cost less in terms of picks and the cap hit can be manipulated enough to make the first year a wash.

I'm just not comfortable with trading the top end of two drafts for one guy unless he's a QB.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:57 AM 04-22-2021
ESPN...

31. Kansas City Chiefs
Chiefs get: 1-12, 2022 fifth-round pick
Philadelphia Eagles get: 1-31, 2-63, 2022 second-round pick, WR Mecole Hardman

A lot of teams in the NFL will try to pretend at one point or another that they're one player away from winning the Super Bowl. The Chiefs might actually have been one good left tackle away from back-to-back titles, given how quickly their offense fell apart without Eric Fisher against the Buccaneers. We know Andy Reid takes left tackle very seriously; he traded a first-round pick to the Bills for Jason Peters during his time with the Eagles and made Fisher his first draft pick after joining Kansas City.

This would be a lot to give up for one player, but the Chiefs might think left tackle is just that important. By getting ahead of the Chargers and Vikings, Kansas City could have its pick of the non-Penei Sewell left tackles in the class.

By making a deal with their old coach, the Eagles would get a first-round pick, two second-rounders and add a wide receiver with upside to their roster in Hardman, whose role with the Chiefs is capped by the presence of Tyreek Hill.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:22 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
ESPN...

31. Kansas City Chiefs
Chiefs get: 1-12, 2022 fifth-round pick
Philadelphia Eagles get: 1-31, 2-63, 2022 second-round pick, WR Mecole Hardman

A lot of teams in the NFL will try to pretend at one point or another that they're one player away from winning the Super Bowl. The Chiefs might actually have been one good left tackle away from back-to-back titles, given how quickly their offense fell apart without Eric Fisher against the Buccaneers. We know Andy Reid takes left tackle very seriously; he traded a first-round pick to the Bills for Jason Peters during his time with the Eagles and made Fisher his first draft pick after joining Kansas City.

This would be a lot to give up for one player, but the Chiefs might think left tackle is just that important. By getting ahead of the Chargers and Vikings, Kansas City could have its pick of the non-Penei Sewell left tackles in the class.

By making a deal with their old coach, the Eagles would get a first-round pick, two second-rounders and add a wide receiver with upside to their roster in Hardman, whose role with the Chiefs is capped by the presence of Tyreek Hill.
There's like zero chance the Eagles would take that compensation for the #12 pick. We couldn't GIVE them Mecole Hardman right now, he has almost zero value.
[Reply]
Hoover 07:54 AM 04-22-2021
It's not necessary.

1. I'm not convinced Veach thinks he needs to invest a 1st round pick at the LT spot this year.

2. Media and fan alike undervalue Niang because they have not seen him suit up.

3. The most valuable thing for this team moving forward is draft capital, ie, young cheap controllable players. I can see us trading down, not up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:09 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
It's not necessary.

1. I'm not convinced Veach thinks he needs to invest a 1st round pick at the LT spot this year.

2. Media and fan alike undervalue Niang because they have not seen him suit up.

3. The most valuable thing for this team moving forward is draft capital, ie, young cheap controllable players. I can see us trading down, not up.
1. Yep.

2. Yep.

3. Yep.
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 AM 04-22-2021
I think it's more important to actually hit on picks though, not necessarily the number. Yeah, you want good players and want them cheap, but the good part is more important.

Draft picks are just another part of cap space. Use them to get good players however you can.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up