ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If you had to put money down on ONE player you KNOW the Chiefs will draft....
Direckshun 03:40 PM 04-15-2021
Who will it be?

Me, personally, there's one player I am convinced the Chiefs are salivating over, and that's Jamin Davis, LB, out of Kentucky.

The Chiefs have an immediate and longterm need at linebacker. I believe Jamin does have some ILB chops to longterm replace Hitchens.

And the Chiefs have a Davis connection: the former Kentucky DC, who probably helped recruit Jamin, is currently our linebackers coach.

We know Veach caters to his defensive position coaches, which is what he did last year with Michael Danna. It would not surprise me if Matt House is banging down Veach's door begging him to be a Chief.

I know Davis is beloved in the draft community, and may go high. And I know the Chiefs have pressing needs elsewhere at more important positions.

So I can't say when or how Veach will make it happen. But if I had to pick one guy I know is going to be a Chief, Jamin Davis makes the most sense to me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:44 PM 04-15-2021
Probably not a bad guy to call your shot with.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:47 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Probably not a bad guy to call your shot with.
Shoot your shot, htismaqe. Let's see who you got.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:53 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Shoot your shot, htismaqe. Let's see who you got.
Hmm...Imma have to think on this one.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:25 PM 04-15-2021
Stone Forsythe
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:27 PM 04-15-2021
God yes....please draft Jamin Davis.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:31 PM 04-15-2021
I’m going to speak Tommy Tremble as a Chief into existence.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:40 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m going to speak Tommy Tremble as a Chief into existence.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs roll into next season with Wilhelm at the TE2 spot.

I just don't think they value it at all.

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:43 PM 04-15-2021
If the Chiefs weren't picking so late in the first, I'd go with Jaycee Horn, son of former Chief Joe Horn.

Instead, I'll go with LB Jabril Cox, who played HS ball at Raytown South.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:45 PM 04-15-2021
Teven Jenkins
[Reply]
kccrow 04:55 PM 04-15-2021
I really don't see how Jamin Davis fixes anything for this team, to be honest. He's not a coverage linebacker and his best fits, MLB or SLB, are already filled by Hitchens and Gay. If he were there in the 2nd, or within reason in a trade up in 2, sure go ahead and pull the trigger. I'd be sick watching this team blow a 1st round pick on a guy that offers little improvement over an incumbent and has to play backup his first year.

I don't know, I just don't see any sense to it, connections be damned.

The two guys that make the most sense to me from how this team seems to view positional fits are Paulson Abedo at CB and Payton Turner at DE.

If I had to call one shot, I'd call Turner in 2.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 05:15 PM 04-15-2021
Dyami Brown
[Reply]
In58men 05:59 PM 04-15-2021
Cosmi
[Reply]
Bowser 06:01 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Stone Forsythe
Seconded
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 PM 04-15-2021
If we're going to allow people to be completely unoriginal (ahem...Bowser...) then I think Forsythe is probably the guy but you know, I was trying not to steal anybody else's idea.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up