ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Here’s your trade down opportunity.
The Franchise 09:00 AM 04-09-2021

.@Espngreeny predicts a team will trade back to the bottom of the first round on draft night to select Stanford QB Davis Mills.@nfldraftscout: "I don't even know if it would have to be a team trading back here. I think you can look at the New Orleans Saints ..."

👀 pic.twitter.com/qmBymbWT5p

— Get Up (@GetUpESPN) April 9, 2021

[Reply]
In58men 09:33 AM 04-09-2021
I can see us trading up to 24 with Steelers, they need a QB. I know they got Haskins, but how much do they believe in him?

It also wouldn’t take much to move up to 24 for either Jenkins, Bateman or JOK.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:36 AM 04-09-2021
If this team plans on drafting a LT, they're going to trade up for one.

I don't see really any scenario where the Chiefs trade down, unless they sign a LT between now and draft day.

Forsythe and Hudson with probably be available in 3rd rd perhaps later, but guys like Leatherwood, Leichenberg and Jenkins will be gone by the top part of 2nd rd.
[Reply]
In58men 09:40 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
If this team plans on drafting a LT, they're going to trade up for one.

I don't see really any scenario where the Chiefs trade down, unless they sign a LT between now and draft day.

Forsythe and Hudson with probably be available in 3rd rd perhaps later, but guys like Leatherwood, Leichenberg and Jenkins will be gone by the top part of 2nd rd.
Moving up 7 spots for a guy like Bateman or JOK wouldn’t be too bad, we wouldn’t be giving up a lot of picks either. But yeah, we’re not gonna move up for Jenkins unless they really like the guy.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 12:10 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I can see us trading up to 24 with Steelers, they need a QB. I know they got Haskins, but how much do they believe in him?

It also wouldn’t take much to move up to 24 for either Jenkins, Bateman or JOK.
They also need a tackle just as badly as we do. They also still have a lot of faith in Mason Rudolph supposedly, and want to see what they have in Haskins. Based on my research of the team for the CP mock, I would be very surprised if the Steelers take a QB early this year. I think they rebuild their offense (LT, OC, RB, WR), live with Ben/Rudolph/Haskins for a year, and re-evaluate if they need a Round 1 QB next year.

I really think the Steelers struggle this year, I’m expecting them to be a top 10/15 pick next year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:17 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
They also need a tackle just as badly as we do. They also still have a lot of faith in Mason Rudolph supposedly, and want to see what they have in Haskins. Based on my research of the team for the CP mock, I would be very surprised if the Steelers take a QB early this year. I think they rebuild their offense (LT, OC, RB, WR), live with Ben/Rudolph/Haskins for a year, and re-evaluate if they need a Round 1 QB next year.

I really think the Steelers struggle this year, I’m expecting them to be a top 10/15 pick next year.
Steelers are going to draft Landon Dickerson.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:27 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Steelers are going to draft Landon Dickerson.
Just a hunch? Or is there smoke?
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:04 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Just a hunch? Or is there smoke?
Just a hunch. He fits that offense and they need a center.
[Reply]
In58men 01:11 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:

I’m pretty sure Mason experiment is over lol. I wouldn’t be surprised if Pitt does take a QB in the first two rounds.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:39 PM 04-09-2021
Davis Mills is so much better than Mason Rudolph. I still can't believe Rag Arm Rudolph got drafted.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:01 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Davis Mills is so much better than Mason Rudolph. I still can't believe Rag Arm Rudolph got drafted.
He had a lot of potential, but was definitely drafted by the wrong type of offense. Run and Shoot meets Coryell concepts are the worst possible marriage with Rudolph. He needed West Coast/Perkins. I think he's a career backup at this point, but he'll stick for a long while and especially if he can get the hell out of Pittsburgh.

Mills is a much, much better fit for Pittsburgh.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:11 PM 04-09-2021
Value in a trade down usually only comes from trading 4-6 spots max. I don't see a team in that range that will need/want a QB unless Atlanta doesn't go QB at 4.

It would need to be for a non-QB. The guys that make sense would need to likely be IDL, LB or ER.

In terms of players, that is probably Levi Onwuzurike, Nick Bolton, or Jayson Oweh... maybe throw in Travis Etienne. I don't know if I'd trade up for any of them.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:15 PM 04-09-2021
I could see the Jets or Dolphins trading up for one of Etienne/Harris at the bottom of round 1 if they defer on RBs with their earlier picks.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:26 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I could see the Jets or Dolphins trading up for one of Etienne/Harris at the bottom of round 1 if they defer on RBs with their earlier picks.
I've seen Harris' name come up in a lot of mocks late, such as going to Tampa Bay at 32, but I don't see him out of the top 20 and he may not make it out of the top 10.

There are only a couple of backs in the past 10 years I've seen as good as Harris coming out, both of which went top 5 (Zeke and Barkley), and Harris may not only be better as a runner but a more complete prospect because of his pass pro.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:35 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I've seen Harris' name come up in a lot of mocks late, such as going to Tampa Bay at 32, but I don't see him out of the top 20 and he may not make it out of the top 10.

There are only a couple of backs in the past 10 years I've seen as good as Harris coming out, both of which went top 5 (Zeke and Barkley), and Harris may not only be better as a runner but a more complete prospect because of his pass pro.
Harris is RB 1 but I just don't value the position. I had mid second on CEH last year and Harris as early 2nd, Sermon mid 2nd, and J Williams late 2nd.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up