ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pro Day Updates
RunKC 01:29 PM 03-06-2021
Thought this was a good place to put this stuff.

Eric Stokes CB Georgia. 6’1” and has excellent speed

#Georgia CB Eric Stokes just ran a 4.25 (Unofficially)
If accurate it would be the 3rd fastest 40 yd dash time ever💨

Below is a video (no sound)#NFL #NFLDraft #NFLCombine #HOACombine pic.twitter.com/6lnPdaeIad

— Gridiron Drive 🏈 (@GridironDrives) March 5, 2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:02 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

Yeah, he going high. He's a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Goddamn Eichenberg has arms barely over 32 inches?

That certainly changes things
Yeah.

Gotta agree with Crow here. He's probably a guard now. Ouch.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:51 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:

His arms are OVER 34 apparently. The question is is he a legit LT after playing that spot for just one year? And can the chiefs take that risk knowing if Okung or whoever goes down he may need to play? That's the gamble Veach and co are taking with the guy we draft.

Right now Leatherwood looks a very enticing prospect too tbh. Pro day results are decent and he's played LT for years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
His arms are OVER 34 apparently. The question is is he a legit LT after playing that spot for just one year? And can the chiefs take that risk knowing if Okung or whoever goes down he may need to play? That's the gamble Veach and co are taking with the guy we draft.

Right now Leatherwood looks a very enticing prospect too tbh. Pro day results are decent and he's played LT for years.
Leatherwood doesn't operate well in space. Most scouts think he'll end up a guard in the NFL.

He's not the kind of LT Andy Reid usually looks for.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:17 PM 04-01-2021
So here’s my question regarding Forsythe.

If he’s good at pass blocking and meh at run blocking.....what’s the issue? Draft him to play LT and work on making his run blocking better.
[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 04-01-2021

Tevin Jenkins (OT2) pro day results per @JimNagy_SB:
Height: 6057
Weight: 317
Hand: 9 1/2
Arm: 33 1/2
Wing: 81
40: 5.03/5.01
Vert: 32.5
Broad: 8-10
SS: 4.66
3C: 7.72
Bench: 36 pic.twitter.com/5c8awYijM4

— Brandon Thorn (@BrandonThornNFL) April 1, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:20 PM 04-01-2021
If they think Jenkins can play LT....then I’m good with it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:28 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If they think Jenkins can play LT....then I’m good with it.
Or Veach/Reid feel like he's an OG
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:33 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Leatherwood doesn't operate well in space. Most scouts think he'll end up a guard in the NFL.

Folks also said Niang would play guard before he opted out last season but now that ain't happening. Bottom line is some tackles come in with percieved "weaknesses" which don't transpire when they get into the flow of the nfl. Schwartz's pro day was a mess...as was Orlando Brown's so I'm not ruling Leatherwood out because of the notion of a few scouts.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:39 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So here’s my question regarding Forsythe.

If he’s good at pass blocking and meh at run blocking.....what’s the issue? Draft him to play LT and work on making his run blocking better.
My worry is NFL players are going to blow by him because his footwork is atrocious. He can't just be some mammoth that gets by on standing there and making guys go around him, because they will in the NFL. He lunges alot when he starts losing to speed rushers that can bend the arc. I'd say there is legit concern.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:43 PM 04-01-2021
Yeah Jenkins is probably gone before we can get to him considering how disappointing some of these other guys are. He’s probably the 4th OT on the board with some teams viewing him as the 3rd.

33.5 arms isn’t a deal breaker for a lot of teams IMO
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:46 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

You know who Leatherwood reminds me of?

Orlando Brown Jr.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:49 PM 04-01-2021
Folks also said Niang would play guard before he opted out last season but now that ain't happening. Bottom line is some tackles come in with percieved "weaknesses" which don't transpire when they get into the flow of the nfl. Schwartz's pro day was a mess...as was Orlando Brown's so I'm not ruling Leatherwood out because of the notion of a few scouts.
that wasn't about weaknesses with Niang, it was about getting your best 5 on the field, and a healthy Fisher and Schwartz weren't going to be beaten out by a rookie.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:51 PM 04-01-2021
this is just a thought, but are less than 34" arms the issue or is wingspan more the number that would matter. It seems to me that an inch shorter arms aren't a huge deal, but the wingspan would be more important.

I mean, I get that you don't want the defender all up in your chest, but if your shoulders are wider, but your arms are a half inch shorter, you still have the same wingspan and would theoretically have a stronger base.

Just a thought.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:31 PM 04-01-2021
Scouts didn't say Niang would play guard, Veach did. And he said "to start out" primarily because at the time, we had Fish and Mitch. Niang is a prototype tackle, both in terms of measurables as well as technique.

Leatherwood is not. And it isn't about his pro day, it's about his film. He's got lower body issues, poor center, and doesn't move well. He's going to get abused on the edge by NFL speed rushers. He's not an NFL left tackle, especially not in an Andy Reid offense.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Up