ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pro Day Updates
RunKC 01:29 PM 03-06-2021
Thought this was a good place to put this stuff.

Eric Stokes CB Georgia. 6’1” and has excellent speed

#Georgia CB Eric Stokes just ran a 4.25 (Unofficially)
If accurate it would be the 3rd fastest 40 yd dash time ever💨

Below is a video (no sound)#NFL #NFLDraft #NFLCombine #HOACombine pic.twitter.com/6lnPdaeIad

— Gridiron Drive 🏈 (@GridironDrives) March 5, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 11:16 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Remember when RunKC laughed at me for suggesting that Forsythe was a sleeper with starting LT upside that would be a great fit for the Chiefs?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:43 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, all these unofficial times need to be taken with a degree of skepticism. He doesn't look that fast.
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd add at least 0.05 to every single 40 time this year, to be honest.
Yep. Said this last week.

There's no way ALL of these 40 times are accurate. Half of the draft class, regardless of position, has run a sub 4.5. No way.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Remember when RunKC laughed at me for suggesting that Forsythe was a sleeper with starting LT upside that would be a great fit for the Chiefs?
This place is going to go crazy if they pass on a LT until the end of the 2nd or even later.

Where do you think Forsythe goes?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:16 PM 03-31-2021

Florida TE Kyle Pitts just posted an unofficial 4.44 40 at nearly 6-6 and 245 pounds.

Built in a lab.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 31, 2021

[Reply]
kccrow 12:33 PM 03-31-2021
Perhaps. More likely a start of day 3 backup that eventually evolves into a starter on one side or the other. His run blocking is terrible.

The Chiefs running drills is not indicative of anything to me. Also, their center Brett Heggie, should be on the radar for KC and is a good pass protector himself.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 PM 03-31-2021
Perhaps. More likely a start of day 3 backup that eventually evolves into a starter on one side or the other. His run blocking is terrible.

The Chiefs running drills is not indicative of anything to me. Also, their center Brett Heggie, should be on the radar for KC and is a good pass protector himself.
He’s going higher than you think.

Yea, his run blocking isn’t very good right now, but he’s a very good pass blocker with upside. He’s going to be valued higher than people currently have him (day 3) because of it.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:51 PM 03-31-2021
Nobody said he wasn’t a good fit for the Chiefs. I said it would be a disaster if we only got him and Okung bc this kid would have to start games as a rookie developmental pick.

That’s fine for you. I guess I care more about health of our $500 million investment
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nobody said he wasn’t a good fit for the Chiefs. I said it would be a disaster if we only got him and Okung bc this kid would have to start games as a rookie developmental pick.

That’s fine for you. I guess I care more about health of our $500 billion investment
I love how you just assume anybody not drafted in the top 40 cannot start day 1 but everybody drafted before that can.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:56 PM 03-31-2021

That’s fine for you. I guess I care more about health of our $500 million investment
:-)
[Reply]
kccrow 01:00 PM 03-31-2021
He’s going higher than you think.

Yea, his run blocking isn’t very good right now, but he’s a very good pass blocker with upside. He’s going to be valued higher than people currently have him (day 3) because of it.
I think a lot of these guys you keep promoting are going lower than you think. Not every guy that has a great pro day or gets media mention is just magically going to shoot up the boards. Most of these prospects are late day 2 or day 3 prospects with good athleticism and either has one good aspect to their game with a need for a shitload of coaching or they need a year or two to add strength.

Yes, some of them will eventually become good or even great starting offensive lineman in the NFL. Most aren't ready to come in and provide the Chiefs with anything day 1 and many never will. For every David Bakhtiari you find beyond round 1, there are 20 more Jason Spriggs that absolutely look the part but aren't.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:03 PM 03-31-2021
Maybe we can get our own Orlando Brown.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:05 PM 03-31-2021
I think a lot of these guys you keep promoting are going lower than you think. Not every guy that has a great pro day or gets media mention is just magically going to shoot up the boards. Most of these prospects are late day 2 or day 3 prospects with good athleticism and either has one good aspect to their game with a need for a shitload of coaching or they need a year or two to add strength.

Yes, some of them will eventually become good or even great starting offensive lineman in the NFL. Most aren't ready to come in and provide the Chiefs with anything day 1 and many never will. For every David Bakhtiari you find beyond round 1, there are 20 more Jason Spriggs that absolutely look the part but aren't.
“A lot of these guys I keep promoting”? Like who?

I’m sorry man, but you can be very condescending when it comes to talking about prospects and where they will go. The only difference between you and I is I don’t pretend to know with certainty.

Also, I said nothing about guys going higher because of their Pro Day or media attention. Nothing at all. Quite the opposite actually.

I remember when you told me that there’s was no chance that the Chiefs could get Juan Thornhill in the 2nd. Good times.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:10 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I love how you just assume anybody not drafted in the top 40 cannot start day 1 but everybody drafted before that can.
How many LT’s drafted in the 3rd Rd or later were good last year?

Trey Pipkins
Alejandro Villanueva
David Bahktiari

Trent Brown
Charles Leno
Terron Armstead
Cornelius Lucas
Jordan Mailata* TBD

That’s how many I saw. So really only 3 proven good players. That’s a very small amount out of 32 teams.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to take advantage of the best opportunity to fix a glaring problem.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:16 PM 03-31-2021
How many LT’s drafted in the 3rd Rd or later were good last year?

Trey Pipkins
Alejandro Villanueva
David Bahktiari

Trent Brown
Charles Leno
Terron Armstead
Cornelius Lucas
Jordan Mailata* TBD

That’s how many I saw. So really only 3 proven good players. That’s a very small amount out of 32 teams.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to take advantage of the best opportunity to fix a glaring problem.
And if you go back 8 years or so, you'll find that almost as many first round LT's fail as succeed.

It's a tough position, both to play and evaluate.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:18 PM 03-31-2021
Yes, some of them will eventually become good or even great starting offensive lineman in the NFL. Most aren't ready to come in and provide the Chiefs with anything day 1 and many never will.
About half the guys being talked about as potential picks for the Chiefs at 31, or even trading up for, satisfy that definition.

Seems like the Chiefs should focus on using their investments wildly instead of just throwing them at whatever comes along.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up