ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Far Cry 5
htismaqe 02:24 PM 02-17-2021
So now that I've finally finished DA:I, I'm delving into my backlog of games.

First up is Far Cry 5. I'm having a blast so far but I'm really struggling with the bow.

I've played a lot of hunting games and I just don't understand the sights on the bow, they don't function like any other game I've ever played and there's no explanation of the pin distances. I can't hit the broad side of a barn and stealth is one of my favorite things about Far Cry.

Any tips?
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:50 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
AKA.....use a fucking gun.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:01 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've tried all 3 sights for the bow, none of them work properly, at least not that I could tell.

And the 3rd one doesn't have a range finder, it has range marks. They don't work if you don't know the range of your target, which seems to be my biggest issue.
On my real life AR I have an ACOG with range marks that double as a built in range finder. I guess I just kind of assumed that the range marks in the game would be similar but, maybe not? I don’t know, I just found that something like that could be purchased, I didn’t really mess around with it.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:02 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, something along those lines.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:02 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Also, this.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:58 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yep, it really sucks. Silent stealth is part of the fun of these games but I'm still having fun unloading clips. Just makes it damn near impossible to avoid setting off alarms and shit.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:48 PM 02-17-2021
Yep, it really sucks. Silent stealth is part of the fun of these games but I'm still having fun unloading clips. Just makes it damn near impossible to avoid setting off alarms and shit.
I used the bows when I was in camps sneaking around. If I’m out in the woods and I need to kill long distance....I used a gun.
[Reply]
Pants 10:47 PM 02-17-2021
I would pick off the tower/rooftop sniper sentries with a sniper rifle from the vantage points use takedowns on the rest like a fucking man.

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:50 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I would pick off the tower/rooftop sniper sentries with a sniper rifle from the vantage points use takedowns on the rest like a fucking man.

I got a sniper rifle and silencer - it's totally unfair. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:15 AM 02-18-2021
So after last night, I'm starting over.

The game made it clear that to liberate areas, you needed to earn points. It also showed me how to earn those points.

It never warned me what happened when you earn a certain threshold of points.

I had a shootout on the road with the cultists and left probably 25 dead. Totalled 5 trucks, a supply truck, and blew up a tanker.

The game thought it was a great time to force me into a scripted story mission right after, apparently because I had earned enough points. So now I'm stuck in a story mission with no ammo, no medpacks, and no way to get out of the story mission without restarting.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:11 AM 02-18-2021
So after last night, I'm starting over.

The game made it clear that to liberate areas, you needed to earn points. It also showed me how to earn those points.

It never warned me what happened when you earn a certain threshold of points.

I had a shootout on the road with the cultists and left probably 25 dead. Totalled 5 trucks, a supply truck, and blew up a tanker.

The game thought it was a great time to force me into a scripted story mission right after, apparently because I had earned enough points. So now I'm stuck in a story mission with no ammo, no medpacks, and no way to get out of the story mission without restarting.

been a while since I played it - but I thought it had to do with where you were on the map (main storyline parts), not points.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:16 AM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
been a while since I played it - but I thought it had to do with where you were on the map (main storyline parts), not points.
No, apparently there are missions that are hard scripted to begin when you reach a certain "wanted" level (not sure what the mechanic is called at the moment, RP's. It's what you get when you blow stuff up or free prisoners).

Without. spoilers, basically you reach a certain number of points and the game runs you through a cinematic sequence similar to the beginning of the game.

It happened to trigger right AFTER I mowed down all the cultists and their vehicles (I forgot to say I also shot down a chopper during the sequence) but right BEFORE I looted them for ammo. My normal sequence is shoot, loot, reload but the game stepped in after the shooting stopped and now I'm stuck in a mission with no way to complete it short of going in with my shovel and wailing away before I die.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:17 AM 02-18-2021
It's also a scripted story mission, so I can't "quit" it like you can with other missions.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:20 AM 02-18-2021
The worst part is that, since it's based on points, I wasn't even very far on the map. I was exploring the open world, doing side stuff, blowing up vehicles and freeing people. I only have a base set of weapons, I'm not powerful by any means, was just picking away and found a sniper spot that allowed me to stalk a road over and over.

This mission kicked in and I'm transported clear across the map. All the exploring I did was a complete waste of time, I should have just rushed to the first story mission and got all the upgrades so that I would have been ready for this.

There's nothing I hate more than open worlds that aren't truly open.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:40 AM 02-19-2021
I finally kind of figured it all out yesterday. Some of the story is thrust on you, to create a sense of urgency. Apparently they don't want you wandering around fishing when people need saved. :-)

Also, I gotta say the soundtrack to this game is killer. Between the locals and their Americana music, the cultists with their weird Christian folk music, and the resistances outposts full of classic and stoner rock, it's pretty immersive.

Too many cougars though. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:49 AM 02-19-2021
I really need to finish this game. I’ve got a horrible habit of playing games for a while and then just moving onto another one.

It’s going to be a while though because I just fired up a new character in Skyrim. It’s been years since I’ve played it and I’m having fun again.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up