ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>The Shield - final season begins tonight
Chiefnj2 07:43 PM 09-02-2008
'Tis bittersweet. The long awaited final season of one of the best tv shows begins tonight at 10 EST. What fate will befall Vic Mackey?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:13 AM 09-03-2008
Malheureusement, as excited as I am to watch, It'll probably get pushed back on the agenda as it's SD fare that takes up a tiny fraction of the DVR space of HD shows.
Let me know if it's just good or something I absolutely need to spend the next available hour on.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:15 PM 09-03-2008
I meant to post this yesterday and then completely forgot to watch. Well, they'll replay it sometime this week I'd imagine.
[Reply]
Third Eye 02:47 PM 09-03-2008
Honestly, I was somewhat underwhelmed with the premiere. Although the Shane scene with the axe was nice, as was the Billings climax. And Ronnie, WOW. Not to get too spoilerish for those who haven't seen it, but it was interesting to see Shane shooting the straight shit at the end, but Vic and Ronnie lying.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:44 PM 09-04-2008
There's a replay saturday night at 10 (central) for those who missed it.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:47 PM 09-04-2008
I missed it because my hotel does not have FX. I watched it last night online.

http://www.free-tv-video-online.info...et/the_shield/
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:55 AM 11-26-2008
Well, I guess that is that. Not terribly thrilled with the finale, but they entertained me for a few years. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 09:20 AM 11-26-2008
Weird. I did a thread about this show just last week.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ghlight=shield
I had done a search for the Shield but strangely, this thread never came up in my search.

Yeah, it was pretty good stuff for awhile. It had gotten pretty crazy this last season with everything going to shit. It was time to end it, that's for sure. I haven't watched the last episode as of yet. I will watch it sometime over this Thanksgiving weekend.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 04:46 PM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Weird. I did a thread about this show just last week.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ghlight=shield
I had done a search for the Shield but strangely, this thread never came up in my search.

Yeah, it was pretty good stuff for awhile. It had gotten pretty crazy this last season with everything going to shit. It was time to end it, that's for sure. I haven't watched the last episode as of yet. I will watch it sometime over this Thanksgiving weekend.
Watch it. It was a great ending to a great show.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:18 AM 12-03-2008
Just found out that Walton Goggins' real life wife committed suicide in 2004. Rough stuff.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:56 AM 12-03-2008
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Just found out that Walton Goggins' real life wife committed suicide in 2004. Rough stuff.
Considering how the story ended, that gets a "wow".

I guess the story really couldn't have ended any other way. I know Vic and Ronnie pulled some ghastly shit, but I was really hoping they would get away. Especially Ronnie, he seemed likethe "noble" one, if you could call him that. Vic really fucked up a lot of lives in that show. He made out probably as good as he could.

I wonder if there will be a TV movie or a mini-series down the road for the Shield?
[Reply]
Lzen 10:55 AM 12-03-2008
I don't know if you consider where Vic ended up as good as he could. For a minute, I thought he was gonna take the Shane way out. Kind of a jacked up way to end it.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:28 PM 12-03-2008
I don't know if you consider where Vic ended up as good as he could. For a minute, I thought he was gonna take the Shane way out. Kind of a jacked up way to end it.
Heh, considering all the crooked shit he pulled, and the way he forced his way to immunity, he made out like a thief.

And you knew it was going to end badly with Shane on the run and fried out of his brain.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:37 PM 12-03-2008
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Heh, considering all the crooked shit he pulled, and the way he forced his way to immunity, he made out like a thief.

And you knew it was going to end badly with Shane on the run and fried out of his brain.
I know what you're saying, but I think a guy like Mackie would prefer death over a desk job.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:38 PM 12-03-2008
I know what you're saying, but I think a guy like Mackie would prefer death over a desk job.
Yeah, agreed. It's the best he could have done and still lived. lol
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up