ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pete Schraeger’s Mock, v2
Dante84 08:24 PM 04-22-2021
I was reading somewhere that he fucks around with his 1st one, and then he relies on league sources for clues in his later versions. He’s a well liked dude and seems pretty connected, so take that for what it’s worth. Plus, at least he mixes it up with trades.

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schra...-for-alabama-r

He has us taking Northwestern CB Greg Newsome at 31.
[Reply]
In58men 08:50 PM 04-22-2021
Is he good?

I honestly didn’t do much research on CBs because I think for sure we’d go OL WR or EDGE.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 09:10 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Is he good?

I honestly didn’t do much research on CBs because I think for sure we’d go OL WR or EDGE.
He’s as lockdown as they come and super high IQ, but has injury concerns. In his 3 years in college, he was injured and missed almost 40% of his games. By year, he missed 8/3/3 games.

It’s a draft cliche, but his speed and athleticism allow him to stick to receivers like glue. Guys really struggle to get open against him. He will be an all pro in the NFL if he can stay healthy.

At 31, if we are going true BPA, he’s definitely worth considering.
[Reply]
In58men 09:12 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
He’s as lockdown as they come and super high IQ, but has injury concerns. In his 3 years in college, he was injured and missed almost 40% of his games. By year, he missed 8/3/3 games.

It’s a draft cliche, but his speed and athleticism allow him to stick to receivers like glue. Guys really struggle to get open against him. He will be an all pro in the NFL if he can stay healthy.

At 31, if we are going true BPA, he’s definitely worth considering.
Good info, thank you sir.

I will start checking out more CBs this weekend, nothing worse than saying “who” when our pick is announced lol.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:59 PM 04-22-2021
Here is what you are looking at...

[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:17 AM 04-23-2021
It wouldnt surprise me, and could take our defense to the next level if we can generate some pass rush opposite clark.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 AM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Good info, thank you sir.

I will start checking out more CBs this weekend, nothing worse than saying “who” when our pick is announced lol.
Corner is definitely in the mix for the first round. As I mentioned yesterday, they've interviewed 3 guys that have solid 1st round grades - Teven Jenkins is one and the other 2 are both CB's.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:58 AM 04-23-2021
I'm coming around to believing corner might be the position just based on the talent that falls

But I hate it. Adding a luxury corner isn't going to win a superbowl for us. Protecting Mahomes and replacing Sammy might though
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'm coming around to believing corner might be the position just based on the talent that falls

But I hate it. Adding a luxury corner isn't going to win a superbowl for us. Protecting Mahomes and replacing Sammy might though
It isn't a luxury at all.

They have 2 corners that can actually play under contract after this coming season.

Ward will be a free agent and FA CB's are often difficult to retain at value. Baker is on a 1-year deal and he's also a former 1st-round bust until he proves otherwise. Keyes is a long shot, like most late-rounders.

Sneed and Fenton are the only guys that will still be here in 2022 that have proven anything in the NFL.

A 1st round CB would be an instant starter and a significant upgrade to this defense.

As far as protecting Mahomes, for all we know they plan to put Niang at LT which is no different than expecting a rookie to protect him. They don't have to take a tackle.

And replacing Sammy won't require a 1st pick necessarily. This WR class is top-notch and very, very deep. There's no reason to sit there and take a lesser WR just because he's there. Sure, if someone like Bateman falls, take him. He'd be BPA. But don't get caught thinking you have to do something at 31.
[Reply]
Up