ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>On Record: Your Acceptable Round 1 Trade Up Moves
Dante84 12:44 AM 04-22-2021
Disclaimer: I’m not actively encouraging a trade up - I’m merely taking a temp check on which players wouldn’t freak you out if Veach decides to climb.

Rules:
1-5:
6-10:
11-15:
16-20:
21-25:

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm not second guessing anything Veach does in the draft until the end of the season.

If he trades up, it'll be because he loves a guy.

We'll have to see how it shakes out before we judge it.

That's the only reasonable take, really.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Or takes a RB in the first round again.
Even then, I'm not going to freak out. I'm just past that part of my fandom. I honestly didn't think I'd ever see them draft a QB and win a Super Bowl. My Chiefs bucket list is pretty much full at this point.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:37 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I thought this was a hypothetical game lol?
It is! Not judging at all. Just asking - are you okay with using that amount of ammo for that move? Hell, I'd love those guys too. I'd freak out a bit if we spent that much though.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:11 PM 04-22-2021
None.

I just don't think this draft is worth trading up in the first round. So many guys have questions, some with limited experience. It's not like they'd be trading up for a Jonathan Ogden or Anthony Munoz and hell, there's a good chance that some of these guys won't even play as well as Eric Fisher in his rookie season, which was atrocious.

The NFLPA is pushing hard for guys to not show up for voluntary workouts while also pushing for a completely virtual offseason, meaning no OTA's or minicamps, which would be a further setback for an offensive tackle.

I mean, I guess if their "guy" is sitting there at 29 and all they need to do is throw in a 4th, fine. But I am firmly against trading a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick, whether it's this year or next year, only to draft a tackle with question marks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:13 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Even then, I'm not going to freak out. I'm just past that part of my fandom. I honestly didn't think I'd ever see them draft a QB and win a Super Bowl. My Chiefs bucket list is pretty much full at this point.
Najee Harris would not freak me out in the least.

I'd be super surprised if he's on their radar but it wouldn't bother me because that guy in this offense would be absolutely insane, IMO.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:20 PM 04-22-2021
I would probably go up and get Darrisaw and Oweh, if they fell to the lower teens.

Just: make sure all the picks you trade are 2021 picks, and not 2022 picks. 2021 picks are worth about half of what 2022 picks are going to be worth.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:09 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I would probably go up and get Darrisaw and Oweh, if they fell to the lower teens.

Just: make sure all the picks you trade are 2021 picks, and not 2022 picks. 2021 picks are worth about half of what 2022 picks are going to be worth.
Just about every draft analyst has stated that 2022 picks will be far more valuable than 2021 picks due to the uncertainty of the talent pool available this year.

There are way too many question marks surrounding a good portion of this year's draftees for varying reasons, so there's no way I'm giving up a 1st, 2nd or 3rd this year for a guy that's going to change positions or has any type of health issues or a serious lack of experience.

Next year's draft looks to be loaded. The Chiefs shouldn't give up additional picks due to need. That's dumb.
[Reply]
In58men 02:29 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
It is! Not judging at all. Just asking - are you okay with using that amount of ammo for that move? Hell, I'd love those guys too. I'd freak out a bit if we spent that much though.
No, I wouldn’t move up that high especially for TE.

But if that football logo on the bottom of the screen changes to KC, I’d say “it better be for Kyle Pitts and nobody else”
[Reply]
kccrow 08:02 PM 04-22-2021
1-5: You'd have to be a lunatic.
6-10: Sewell if he fell to 10.
11-15: None
16-20: Darrisaw
21-25: Owusu-Koramoah
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:05 PM 04-22-2021
I would trade up 5-7 spots for Bateman... maybe a pass rusher. But don’t want to give up a ton of ammunition
[Reply]
Coogs 06:10 AM 04-23-2021
https://gbnreport.com/2015-nfl-draft...e-value-chart/

It would cost our 3rd to get up to 25.
3rd+ to get up to 19.
2nd to get up to 19.
2nd+3rd to get up to 16.

Pass for me on the trade ups.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:36 AM 04-23-2021
This version of the trade chart is highly accurate with reality.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-V...-Rich-Hill.asp

The value of a future pick tends to be at the mid-point of the next round, so a 2022 1st would be about 121 points (pick 48).
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up