ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Jim Henson Biopic Greenlit
Tribal Warfare 10:50 PM 04-21-2021

Disney & The Jim Henson Company are teaming up for Muppet Man, a biopic about Muppets creator, Jim Henson.https://t.co/VOJx0qFbSX pic.twitter.com/sRU5VrAFeU

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) April 22, 2021

[Reply]
Gadzooks 02:06 AM 04-22-2021

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:34 AM 04-22-2021
Money grab off a dead guy's name. We didn't need the Walt Disney story, the Mr. Rogers story, not this story. As big a role as Jim Henson, his muppets, and Sesame Street played in my childhood... there is (A) no need for this film and (b) the studio behind this is almost certainly banking that nostalgia will bring them loads of cash. I wonder if Tom Hanks will be playing Jim here as well.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:49 AM 04-22-2021
One of my favorite Jim Henson movies from childhood is The Christmas Toy. Totally underrated gem. The designs of all the toys and the house where it all takes place is really cool.
[Reply]
eDave 07:08 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Money grab off a dead guy's name. We didn't need the Walt Disney story, the Mr. Rogers story, not this story. As big a role as Jim Henson, his muppets, and Sesame Street played in my childhood... there is (A) no need for this film and (b) the studio behind this is almost certainly banking that nostalgia will bring them loads of cash. I wonder if Tom Hanks will be playing Jim here as well.
Certainly not anything new. You listed just a fraction of the Hollywood Biopics. I rather enjoyed Walk The Line (and Walk Taller), Bohemian Rapsody, Great Balls Of Fire, Immortal Beloved...
[Reply]
vailpass 08:04 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Certainly not anything new. You listed just a fraction of the Hollywood Biopics. I rather enjoyed Walk The Line (and Walk Taller), Bohemian Rapsody, Great Balls Of Fire, Immortal Beloved...
I especially enjoyed Walk The Line.
[Reply]
Up