ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Instead of trading up in Round 1...
Direckshun 01:08 PM 04-12-2021
Why don't we more thoroughly entertain the idea of trading up in the 2nd for a left tackle?

You still theoretically get the guy you're chasing, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than trading up in the first.

Walker Little, in particular, has gotten a ton of "this guy may be elite!" buzz, but his ACL ruined his career two years ago and he opted out last year, so there's question marks all around him.

I don't know if that's a guy anybody wants to spend a 1st on, but it's entirely possible you can trade up like 15-20 places in the 2nd and it's cheaper than what I *think* the Chiefs are going to do, which is trading up 10-15 spots in the 1st for Darrisaw.

The only difference, and it is a doozie:

--> trading up for Darrisaw means you have your LT on day one
--> trading up for Little probably means you have to still get Okung or someone
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:14 PM 04-12-2021
I don't think Darrisaw is a guaranteed day 1 starter. And I think he's going to the Chargers at 13.

I'm absolutely against trading up in the 1st. It's just simply too expensive for the potential return.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:39 PM 04-12-2021
I like the idea of trading back from 31 and using that capital to trade up from 63 (so we'd have two good 2nd rounders). There could be a nice market for 31 too, if a team is afraid Tampa will take a QB at 32.
[Reply]
Up