ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 146
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:13 AM 02-08-2023

[Reply]
TEX 10:15 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
I honestly think we should be favored by about 3.5, maybe I’m I live in a Chiefs bubble, but it blows my mind.
Dont know how u can say that. If u look at both rosters and compare positions, the Eagles have the better roster. IMO the Eagles should be favored. Especially when you consider that the Chiefs have a lot of banged up players, and the Eagles are healthy and are starting their original 22 players that started the beginning of the season.

If we win, It will just make the victory that much more sweeter!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:16 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Three astrologers have unanimously chosen a Super Bowl winner

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...367ac0464284a7
Quasimodo predicted all this.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:17 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Oh for sure. It isn't personal at all. I don't feel slighted by it.

I just don't listen to anything Chadiha says. He has an agenda that has nothing to do with X's and O's. He's a company man.
Eh it runs slightly deeper than that, he has never said anything good about the Chiefs for a good 20 years.

It also goes further when 810 sticks him on their Chiefs podcast and NFL podcast shows so he gets full hours to talk his shit. But yes he does little things like he'll always pick the Chiefs to lose against good teams and barely win when he does pick them to win.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:19 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
JFC, and I thought I couldn't hate Teicher any more than I already do.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:20 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
:-) Teicher never disappoints.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:20 AM 02-08-2023
Everyone picked the Bengals too, this only helps us.

Our team doing quite well as the scrappy underdog.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:22 AM 02-08-2023
Underdog Mahomes is the most dangerous version of him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I consider that to be Sneed for KC. Who is an elite slot corner and better than Maddox. But I’d also take Sneed over Bradberry.

The Chiefs’ secondary is vastly underrated because of what happened when McDuffie was out. Fewer names, but Sneed-McDuffie-Watson is not as separated from Slay-Bradberry-Maddox as seems to be common thought.
I just get back to where I've been for a couple years now on defenses.

A defense's 'rank' is determined by the quality of its opponent once you get past a threshold of baseline competence. And the Eagles undeniably have - but so has Kansas City.

Would I trade Sneed for Slay on Sunday? Nope, would not. Slay's a better pure cover corner but he's not as versatile and physical as Sneed and we NEED that vs. Philly. And the difference in coverage isn't nearly as severe as people are claiming. Sneed has put the clamps on some DAMN good receivers in his time here.

Would I trade McDuffie for Bradberry? Jesus tapdancing Christ, no. Bradberry was mediocre as hell for the Giants and at a year older, he didn't suddenly get great - he just had a nice season against awful competition. Meanwhile McDuffie has been fantastic since he got healthy. Teams won't even look his way. He's emerging as a legit shutdown corner right in front of us.

I'd take our top 2 guys over their top 2 guys without blinking. Call Sneed a NCB if you want - but he plays 100% of the snaps so where he lines up doesn't matter to me. These are our top 2 corners - Sneed and McDuffie - and they're BETTER than their top 2.

Maddox I'll give them - they have an edge at CB3. But is he truly healthy or just "JJSS Healthy" in that he'll go out there and give it his all coming off a little more rest?

Would I take Marcus Epps over Reid? Nope, how is that even a question. Epps is a trashfire in coverage. CGJ over Thornhill? Eh, probably, but it really depends on which Thornhill you get. The one we've gotten over the last 6 weeks or so is damn near identical to CGJ.

This idea that I'm supposed to be in awe of the Eagles secondary doesn't wash. They're good. So are the Chiefs. The difference in perception comes only from the fact that we didn't get to play a bunch of AAA quarterbacks all season.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:27 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Teicher is a worthless *unt.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:30 AM 02-08-2023
Petty Pat is the version I like
[Reply]
Mecca 10:31 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He should have stopped covering the Chiefs a long time ago, he was tired of it during the Vermiel years. Even the best era of Chiefs football can't bring him out of it, he just has apathy for the entire organization no matter what they do.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:39 AM 02-08-2023
Teicher is just biding his time until retirement. I hated having him and Chadiha as the team news sources back before Twitter was around.

No wonder ESPN sucks. I’d rather listen to KCSN or the Athletic any day. I’d even listen to the most amateur Chiefs fan podcast over this clown
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:42 AM 02-08-2023
This is the widest variance of outcomes I think I've ever seen for a Super Bowl.

It is perfectly conceivable that the Eagles blow us out, if our interior DL and ends are not up to the challenge of stopping Hurts on the ground and Mahomes just can't wiggle free of the passrush.

It's more likely that the Eagles will edge us out, by Hurts doing just enough against a smart Spags scheme, and Mahomes getting hit so often than his ankle regresses and he's back to his Jacksonville form.

It's also pretty likely that the Chiefs edge them out, as they fence in Hurts just enough and Mahomes goes supernova to outpace him.

There's also a chance the Chiefs blow them out by keeping Mahomes clean just long enough and Spags dominating Hurts' limitations that the Chiefs are up three touchdowns in the third quarter, the Eagles have to air out the ball to catch up and Hurts' injured shoulder just isn't up to the task.

If there a Super Bowl game we've ever seen where all four possibilities are at least somewhat likely?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:46 AM 02-08-2023
There's no chance that the Eagles blow us out. Sorry, but not happening to Andy and Mahomes twice in a row in the SB.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 146
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Up