ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 140 of 1213
« First < 4090130136137138139140 1411421431441501902406401140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:11 PM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Nothin' wrong with a chili coney (unless it's that Cincinnati chili bullshit). :-)
Nope, nothing wrong with it at all... but the REAL secret is Rays Coney Sauce

No cincy BS allowed, its gotta be Rays
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:46 PM 04-23-2016
No pics because it looks like puke on a plate, but it tastes really good!
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:01 PM 04-23-2016
tonight's morels
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 06:50 PM 04-23-2016
Fresh Cod from the Pacific, caught this morning.

Buddy of mine dropped off some , already fileted.

I just tossed em in some seasoned flour, then into egg, then panko....

Fried them with a Meyer lemon garnish and a little mustard/dill aioli

Screamin
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:19 AM 04-24-2016
So Mexican food experts... how does one get the corn tortillas pliable enough to wrap an enchilada but not so they're falling apart?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:21 AM 04-24-2016
So Mexican food experts... how does one get the corn tortillas pliable enough to wrap an enchilada but not so they're falling apart?
So you're saying they are splitting/tearing on you? What kind do you use?

/not an expert.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:24 AM 04-24-2016
I had a gourmet run last night and made chicken korma, but it was way too mellow. I'm hoping the leftovers will infuse more flavor since I made a fair bit.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:26 AM 04-24-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So you're saying they are splitting/tearing on you? What kind do you use?

/not an expert.
Yes, splitting/tearing. Out of the 12 I did yesterday, like two ended up just right. In most cases, they were either too tough and split, or too soft and tore apart when I picked them up from in the sauce.

The only kind of corn tortillas the store had yesterday were Mission. Not the best, but in my small town, it's all they had. I'm open to getting better ones at another store.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:26 AM 04-24-2016
You have to warm them a bit first. It's best if you can steam them first, but you can also wrap in foil and put them in the oven or place briefly on a skillet.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:28 AM 04-24-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
You have to warm them a bit first. It's best if you can steam them first, but you can also wrap in foil and put them in the oven or place briefly on a skillet.
So warm them in a skillet or pouch, quickly dunk in the sauce, put on a plate to fill and roll?
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:31 AM 04-24-2016
So warm them in a skillet or pouch, quickly dunk in the sauce, put on a plate to fill and roll?
That should work, but not all corn tortillas are created equally. I can't recall using Mission, but I've gotten some that were turds no matter how I manipulated them.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:31 AM 04-24-2016
Yes, splitting/tearing. Out of the 12 I did yesterday, like two ended up just right. In most cases, they were either too tough and split, or too soft and tore apart when I picked them up from in the sauce.

The only kind of corn tortillas the store had yesterday were Mission. Not the best, but in my small town, it's all they had. I'm open to getting better ones at another store.
The last ones we made were Mission Burrito sized. If they're too tough, wet down a paper towel, throw a paper towel under them on a plate and one over the top and microwave it for :30 or so. The steam should make them more pliable. 12 may be too many. Maybe 6 and 6.

My answer is always to let the wife do it. She's far better at it than I am. I always end up over stuffing them and they break on account of that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:33 AM 04-24-2016
If you throw a little steam at them they'll stay pliable for awhile.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:40 AM 04-24-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The last ones we made were Mission Burrito sized. If they're too tough, wet down a paper towel, throw a paper towel under them on a plate and one over the top and microwave it for :30 or so. The steam should make them more pliable. 12 may be too many. Maybe 6 and 6.

My answer is always to let the wife do it. She's far better at it than I am. I always end up over stuffing them and they break on account of that.
These were like soft taco sized, not burrito. They were made to be pliable, so maybe what I got were turds. I don't typically like the Mission stuff, so maybe a better brand will do better.

The wife loved them and wants them again later this week. I need to add a little heat to cut through the sweetness of the tortilla, though. My meat mixture was just hamburger, onion, and like a half of a red and half of a green bell pepper leftover from a previous dish. Maybe like a diced jalapeno or some green chiles would be good, or just a spicier sauce.

Or I could just say "fuck the rolling" and make it in a cake pan like a Mexican lasagna and layer it...
:-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:43 AM 04-24-2016
Since we're talking Mexican right now, here's the ATK taste test winners for flour and corn tortillas:

Flour: Old El Paso 6-Inch Flour Tortillas
The winning “soft and pliable” tortillas, the thinnest we tasted, wrapped fajita fixings securely but didn’t steal the show and had a “flaky yet substantial texture.” “Tender” and “rich” (with the most fat per serving), they had a “nice, mild, wheaty flavor.” Old El Paso’s 8-inch “burrito-style” tortillas use the same recipe, so whatever our tortilla needs may be, Old El Paso has us covered.

Corn: Maria and Ricardo’s Handmade Style Soft Corn Tortillas, Yellow
These winning “tender yet substantial” tortillas wrapped enchilada fillings securely with the help of wheat gluten that kept them soft and pliable. “Clean” and “mellow,” the tortillas had a light, cornlike sweetness with a hint of nuttiness, perhaps from the griddle marks that speckled each tortilla.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 1213
« First < 4090130136137138139140 1411421431441501902406401140 > Last »
Up