ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
T-post Tom 02:14 PM 04-27-2024
Long live the King! Hoping this guy is eventually going to be a great starter. And a career Chief. LFG!
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:04 PM 04-28-2024
This is funny now

https://kckingdom.com/posts/chiefs-r...t-01hw82hfxnx8

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs are reportedly zeroing in on one prospect in particular in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft on Thursday night. While there's been much speculation about what wide receiver Kansas City will take given the likely impending suspension for Rashee Rice, the organization is apparently enamored with BYU offensive tackle Kingsley Suamataia instead.

Tony Pauline of Sportskeeda reported on Tuesday that "multiple sources told me it’s looking more and more as though Kansas City Chiefs will select offensive tackle Kingsley Suamataia with the final pick on Thursday night."

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:40 PM 04-28-2024
It's nice to hear we actually had him graded that high and he wasn't a desperate reach.
[Reply]
philfree 08:14 PM 04-28-2024
The Line King!
[Reply]
Icon 08:36 PM 04-28-2024
Eaglets are signing Mehki Bechton
[Reply]
Monticore 09:06 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Icon:
Eaglets are signing Mehki Bechton
To play where? And it seems like they don’t have a cap .
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 05:35 AM 04-29-2024
That’s a lot of cousins.

“The success of Suamataia’s family in the league certainly didn’t hurt him with the Chiefs. Suamataia’s cousins — left tackle Penei Sewell (Lions), linebacker Noah Sewell (Bears), linebacker Nephi Sewell (Saints), and receiver Puka Nacua (Rams) — all reached the NFL and helped him with his development.”
[Reply]
loochy 08:07 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:
That’s a lot of cousins.

“The success of Suamataia’s family in the league certainly didn’t hurt him with the Chiefs. Suamataia’s cousins — left tackle Penei Sewell (Lions), linebacker Noah Sewell (Bears), linebacker Nephi Sewell (Saints), and receiver Puka Nacua (Rams) — all reached the NFL and helped him with his development.”

That has to be one badass family reunion with soooo much good food. I want to go!
[Reply]
R Clark 06:52 AM 04-29-2024
I doubt Reid is going to start a rookie at left tackle
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 04-29-2024
"The LT can't run block" is pretty low on my give a shits about a LT to be frank.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:27 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
"The LT can't run block" is pretty low on my give a shits about a LT to be frank.
It's not quite "Skyy Moore is a great run blocker" or "Frank Clark sets the edge" but it's close. It's probably pretty similar to "Marcus Peters is awful in run support" - I don't like it, but if he does the thing I really care about well, I'll overlook it.

I want my LT credible enough as a run blocker that he doesn't blow up runs between the tackles (and often ours have; Smith lets guys get across his face on interior runs - it's ugly).

It's less about being a guy who blows a hole open off-tackle left and more about being a guy who seals off the backside and gives an interior trap or something time to develop on a short yardage play.

That's my bar. It ain't real high.
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's not quite "Skyy Moore is a great run blocker" or "Frank Clark sets the edge" but it's close. It's probably pretty similar to "Marcus Peters is awful in run support" - I don't like it, but if he does the thing I really care about well, I'll overlook it.

I want my LT credible enough as a run blocker that he doesn't blow up runs between the tackles (and often ours have; Smith lets guys get across his face on interior runs - it's ugly).

It's less about being a guy who blows a hole open off-tackle left and more about being a guy who seals off the backside and gives an interior trap or something time to develop on a short yardage play.

That's my bar. It ain't real high.
If he turns into a great pass blocker and a passable run blocker, you take that every time. Run blocking seems like something that can be taught with technique.....he seems like a willing blocker so that shouldn't be an issue.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:27 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Listening to Verderame’s show with Eric Foton. Eric thinks Kingsley fell bc he was a terrible run blocker in college. 52.9 run block grade per PFF which was the lowest among the top 50 graded pass protectors in college last year.

Fortunately with our offense that will likely never be amplified bc with our new weapons we are throwing the ball probably 75-80% of the time. A given amount of runs for the lead back is around 20-22 a game, so Kingsley would probably only have about 5-7 snaps a game where the RB runs to his side for a running play.

His pass blocking was a completely different story and that’s why we drafted him
Originally Posted by O.city:
Agreed. If his worst trait is poor run blocking, who cares. His job is to stop those DE's that are getting paid $25+ million to ruin Mahomes day and our season.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-29-2024
When is the last time this team got somebody extended early? Feels like we're definitely due with Creed.
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
When is the last time this team got somebody extended early? Feels like we're definitely due with Creed.
I was coming to type that....doesn't seem to happen much around the league anymore.

Guys wanna get to FA. I'd guess our guys do as well.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Up