ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags does it again
RunKC 08:52 PM 01-21-2023
20 points allowed
Lawrence three for only 90 yards in his first 23 attempts (3.91 avg)
Tackling was solid
Blitzes were very good including the Reid blitz that on the Watson pick play

He did this with 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps today. Just a remarkable performance from his defense
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:57 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Fuck that. We had a nice little moment there for him. Let's not ruin it.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:59 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I guess they could put Watson back there for the SB but we're sort of running out of options. I'm not a huge fan of Pacheco on KR duty either. I wasn't in the beginning and I'm for sure not now that he's basically our starting RB.
Any chance the 49ers will release Ray-Ray McCloud and we could claim him off the wire?

Because that would be neat.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:01 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Any chance the 49ers will release Ray-Ray McCloud and we could claim him off the wire?

Because that would be neat.
Our only hope right now is that Hardman somehow isn't completely fucked injury wise and you can have him return punts.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:02 PM 01-31-2023
I guess they could put Watson back there for the SB but we're sort of running out of options. I'm not a huge fan of Pacheco on KR duty either. I wasn't in the beginning and I'm for sure not now that he's basically our starting RB.
I hate Pachecho returning kicks. I think it’s a huge injury liability and that his style just isn’t cut out for that.

Much rather either mail it in with Watson out there for punts and kicks or really go for it with Hardman whom I think will be ready.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:02 PM 01-31-2023
Our only hope right now is that Hardman somehow isn't completely fucked injury wise and you can have him return punts.
I think there's a better chance Toney comes back, unless I've missed an injury update.

Hardman's just clearly not recovered from whatever lower body injury he aggravated trying to come back from the hernia. He was trying to pace himself out there seemingly aware that he had several empty chambers in the gun.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:04 PM 01-31-2023
I think there's a better chance Toney comes back, unless I've missed an injury update.

Hardman's just clearly not recovered from whatever lower body injury he aggravated trying to come back from the hernia. He was trying to pace himself out there seemingly aware that he had several empty chambers in the gun.
I posted this before but Hardman was running sprints on sidelines and moving laterally as well after he was taken out. I was surprised he didn’t go back in the game given how well he was moving.

He may not be 100% but you can imagine they’re gonna push the limits in the SB.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:37 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yep, defense & special teams bailed out Patrick in a big way. Sometimes you need that type of luck as a QB. Brady had 3 INT against Packers in conference title game and was bailed out by the Tampa defense shutting down Rodgers in a MVP season. Brady also got bailed out by Dee Ford. He had 2 INT in that game and it would have been a 3rd INT to lose the game if Ford lined up in the correct spot.
Didn't Brady have a bad game in the Divisional round, as well? Saints, maybe?
[Reply]
tredadda 01:42 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
go back and look at the snap on the last FG

that snap was a bit off to my eye...it came into tommy's body pretty close, low to the ground and he didn't catch it cleanly

when i saw it, i panicked

townsend plucked and placed with perfection!
How is this possible? Winchester has one job and it's even less stressful than the kickers. Just snap straight.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:44 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Didn't Brady have a bad game in the Divisional round, as well? Saints, maybe?
He did. He was trash the entire playoffs and if not for his elite defense he never even makes it to the SB.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:49 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
go back and look at the snap on the last FG

that snap was a bit off to my eye...it came into tommy's body pretty close, low to the ground and he didn't catch it cleanly

when i saw it, i panicked

townsend plucked and placed with perfection!
I saw that too. I feel like we’ve seen a lot of snaps that look off. Townsend did an excellent job getting that last one down.

Last year toub even blamed our kicking issues not on Townsend but on Winchester for not getting the right rotation. Between holder and snapper we’ve gotta prioritize this in the offseason. Just because it’s such a cheap and easy fix that would solve so many problems. Or maybe we just stick with who we have but we better get that call right
[Reply]
Lzen 01:49 PM 01-31-2023
You give him line-drives that he doesn't have to move for, I suspect he'll be just fine.

It's those hangers with the coverage circling around him that he starts to adjust to as they float up there that make me nervous.

Like I said, the Bengals punter just wasn't very good on Sunday. It almost made me wonder if they weren't going galaxy brain back there and INTENTIONALLY attacking Moore with the idea that he might bobble one. But still, if you're gonna do that, putting it to the middle of the field is fine but you have to hang it. When it's flat like that, it's not much different from catching a pass and ultimately there's just not that much time to think about it and get in your own head.

Give Moore credit for Sunday, sure. Doesn't mean I want to see him out there again in the SB though.
Meh, I get what you're saying and you could be right (I hope not). Still, I gotta believe that the coaching staff still believes that this guy can handle the job. Do you really think that they would have put him back there in such an important game if there was any indication that he would screw up again? I don't.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:51 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Meh, I get what you're saying and you could be right (I hope not). Still, I gotta believe that the coaching staff still believes that this guy can handle the job. Do you really think that they would have put him back there in such an important game if there was any indication that he would screw up again? I don't.
I don’t think they had a choice. They’d lost Hardman and Toney.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:51 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
How is this possible? Winchester has one job and it's even less stressful than the kickers. Just snap straight.
That seems to have been a problem all season. I mean, it's not every kick but there were some, and that is too many. Maybe it's time to move on from him.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:53 PM 01-31-2023
I don’t think they had a choice. They’d lost Hardman and Toney.
Yeah, I get that but surely they would not allow him to field those if they thought he was still going to be a fumbling machine. They would have told him to just get away unless it's clean and clear.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:59 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Eh, they gotta fire that fucker back there and get their hands up pretty quickly to keep from getting bowled over. You're not allowed to line up over the long snapper (or so I seem to recall) but that wouldn't stop you from lining up in a gap and blasting through the chute on him.

Winchester has been a really steady long snapper for a really long time. And it isn't exactly as simple as lobbing a ball back there - it's gotta be on a string or the timing is all thrown off. It's not the hardest job in the world but it's probably a lot harder than hitting a golf ball and even the greatest ever duff those on occasion as well.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up