ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Taco Bell to bring back pizza
Renegade 08:09 AM 04-18-2022
This should make some of you happy, Taco Bell will be bringing back its Mexican Pizza for the month of May.

http://https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/food/taco-bell-bringing-back-its-mexican-pizza-may?utm_source=Marketo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NL_RB_Daily_04-18-22&LID=3985292&mkt_tok=NTYxLVpOUC04OTcAAAGD2_OEDO4wb5c0O13UjrVOyrY3R1kOpz-kp24W45a8MueraIfLRza36-IiPDht-0L2Ys7u6wIPfIP-KKrCGOoSmaXHNVJ92Gyougd0Db8h85k_
[Reply]
listopencil 08:26 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Taco Salads were awesome, the shell was absolutely delicious. Even if they brought it back it wouldn’t be the same.
Those were basically burrito tortillas laid down into a deep fryer of hot lard and then pressed down into the oil with a form to give them a distinctive shape. They might have been unleavened tortillas, and the pizza shells may have been as well. I never checked but they behaved like they were.
[Reply]
stanleychief 08:38 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I had one right before they were discontinued. The meat is now completely cooked by a third party and is delivered to the store in plastic bags, to be heated in boiling water in order to be brought up to temperature for use. It used to be delivered as raw meat in five pound chubs and then cooked on site, seasoned (premix) while browned, drained, brought to the line for use. The beans are now freeze dried and delivered in plastic-lined paper sacks, to be added to 3/4 of a gallon of boiling water in a pan, sit for 25 minutes, then stirred for 5 minutes. It used to be delivered as raw beans, to be added to lard/salt/water and pressure cooked, then left in a walk in fridge, to be refried the next day and served. The shells used to be delivered as flour tortillas to be cooked in the deep fryer with lard and then held in a warming cabinet for use. I don't know what they are using now for the shells. Tasted like premade crap, almost like slightly burnt corn tortillas.

*Upon Edit, the shitty meat and beans were being used before the pizza was discontinued.
I don't know what to tell you on the shell. Based on my personal experience, and based on what this guy has said, it sure seems like the same shell they were using just before it was discontinued.

https://thetakeout.com/does-taco-bel...now-1848963595

Originally Posted by :
I reached out to Taco Bell to confirm the formula was the same, but I never heard back. My best guess: the Mexican Pizza’s shell did change slightly—but it happened long before the pizza was originally eliminated in 2020. I’ve been eating these things almost weekly for years, and I noticed a change in the shell sometime between 2016 and 2018. The once-crunchy shell had become flakier and a bit greasier—but it wasn’t a major enough change to deter me from regular MP consumption.

My conclusion: The 2022 Mexican Pizza is the same iteration as the 2020 Mexican Pizza. Sure, the entree’s formula may have changed slightly during its 30-year lifespan—but a little tortilla tweak won’t deter the true fans. Real ones know.
Until Taco Bell makes an official response, we may not know for sure if anything changed. #ShellGate2022
[Reply]
listopencil 08:51 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I don't know what to tell you on the shell. Based on my personal experience, and based on what this guy has said, it sure seems like the same shell they were using just before it was discontinued.

https://thetakeout.com/does-taco-bel...now-1848963595

Until Taco Bell makes an official response, we may not know for sure if anything changed. #ShellGate2022
It is certainly possible that they used this shell shortly before it was discontinued and that the last pizza I had was before that change, I could be remembering incorrectly because I have not been a regular Taco Bell consumer over the last few years. The difference is enough that I won't eat any more of them.
[Reply]
stanleychief 09:06 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
It is certainly possible that they used this shell shortly before it was discontinued and that the last pizza I had was before that change, I could be remembering incorrectly because I have not been a regular Taco Bell consumer over the last few years. The difference is enough that I won't eat any more of them.
One thing is for sure, over the years, it has only gotten worse. I'm not a huge fan of Taco Bell either, having probably only eaten there four or five times in the last few years. Covid-19 really messed with our local restaurant and their hours were wildly inconsistent.

About 15 years ago or so, I worked at a place where the only two lunch options were a Taco Bell and a McDonalds. I can only imagine how many years that has shaved off my life expectancy.
[Reply]
Fish 03:09 PM 05-31-2022
:-):-):-)

Taco Bell says Mexican pizza will be a permanent menu item

Fans of Taco Bell’s Mexican pizza were elated when the item was brought back to the menu earlier this month.

In fact, the excitement over the pizza was so great that Taco Bell now says it’s running out.

According to Taco Bell’s website, locations across the country have been selling out of Mexican pizzas, and supplying more of them is taking longer than expected.

But the company says it’s working hard to get the item back on the menu – permanently this time.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:41 PM 05-31-2022
Now chili cheese burritos motherfuckers!
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:47 AM 08-01-2023
Taco Bell Sued For False Advertising Of Amount Of Filling In Crunchwraps, Mexican Pizzas

Taco Bell was sued Monday by an unhappy customer alleging in a proposed class-action suit that the restaurant chain deceived customers by falsely advertising the amount of food in the Mexican Pizza, Crunchwrap Supreme and other items.

KEY FACTS

Frank Siragusa, the plaintiff, said in the suit that Taco Bell overstates the amount of beef and other ingredients “by at least double” in its Crunchwrap Supreme, Grande Crunchwrap, Vegan Crunchwrap, Mexican Pizza and Veggie Mexican Pizza, resulting in “unfair and deceptive trade practices.”

He argued the alleged false advertising is “especially concerning” now because of inflation, saying the promise of large portions leads low-income customers to choose Taco Bell over restaurants that more accurately depict portions.

The case was filed in the Eastern District of New York District Court, and states all people who purchased one of the allegedly impacted products at a New York Taco Bell on or after July 31, 2020, are eligible to be part of the class.

Siragusa is asking the district court to prevent Taco Bell from selling the items unless they “provide corrected advertising” and make Taco Bell “fully compensate” people who purchased one of the menu items from July 31, 2020 through the date of the final disposition.

Forbes has reached out to Taco Bell for comment.

CRUCIAL QUOTE

“Taco Bell advertises larger portions of food to steer consumers to their restaurants for their meals and away from competitors that more fairly advertise the size of their menu items, unfairly diverting millions of dollars in sales that would have gone to competitors,” Siragusa’s team wrote in the complaint.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollybo...h=522fcf15264e
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:52 AM 08-01-2023
I hope this guy gets laughed out of court

EVERY joints commercial/magazine ad presents their product in the best possible light with heaping portions
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:55 AM 08-01-2023
Not reintroducing the Cantina Taco this year is grounds for lawsuit imo.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:38 PM 08-01-2023
The only thing I get from there are chili cheese burritos. They're like crack.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:39 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
No chili cheese burritos, no dice
Order off menu!
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:47 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Order off menu!
I have tried. They just say "sorry we no longer offer them"
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:53 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I have tried. They just say "sorry we no longer offer them"
That sucks. I got some again the other day. I guess store discretion?
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:54 PM 08-01-2023
Sounds like it
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:23 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
That sucks. I got some again the other day. I guess store discretion?
I think if you order online you can get it everywhere. They just won't make it if you order in person.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up