ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Toronto Raptors to play in KC for 2021 season?
Deberg_1990 08:31 PM 10-27-2020

KC mayor Quinton Lucas, US Senators Roy Blunt, Pat Roberts and Jerry Moran, and US Rep Emanuel Cleaver co-signed a letter to the NBA commissioner's office and Raptors ownership making the case for Kansas City to be the temporary home, if needed.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

Never thought I’d type this but Kansas City is legit pursuing an NBA team. Here’s the latest, including three irrefutable takeaways: https://t.co/ZrkvFqUE6F

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
-King- 10:49 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I've been to both, and IMO, if you've been to a KU home game, you will be sorely disappointed by an NBA game.
:-) College basketball is the worst sports product in the country. The environment is great. The play is the worst out of any pro or college sport.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:51 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
:-) College basketball is the worst sports product in the country. The environment is great. The play is the worst out of any pro or college sport.
It depends what he was referring to. College basketball does suck as a product compared to NBA, but KU games do have a much better environment than your average NBA regular season game. Playoffs are a completely different thing, though. Being at the Kawhi shot last year was absolutely bonkers.
[Reply]
wazu 10:52 PM 10-27-2020
If they let fans in I’d show up to watch the Kansas City Raptors.
[Reply]
srvy 11:15 PM 10-27-2020
Id rather have the NHL in KC. If it even happens this Raptor thing is temporary. With a vaccine right around the corner, NBA is going to want to get back to normal. My works OKC office gives out tickets like trick or treat candy. The NBA isn't much different a game than 40 years ago when I went to Kings games. I always had the best times going to the old NAIA tournament in KC back in the day.
[Reply]
-King- 11:42 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Id rather have the NHL in KC. If it even happens this Raptor thing is temporary. With a vaccine right around the corner, NBA is going to want to get back to normal. My works OKC office gives out tickets like trick or treat candy. The NBA isn't much different a game than 40 years ago when I went to Kings games. I always had the best times going to the old NAIA tournament in KC back in the day.
:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:44 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I went to so many Lakers games during the Kobe-Shaq era and I've never had that kind of experience watching any other sport.

Those dudes are so freaking huge yet so quick, fast and graceful that it's mind bottling.
I sat right behind the Heat bench a few years ago that was pretty cool. I've seen Lebron and Wade play here countless times including when they played OKC with Durant and Westbrooke. It was cool but I didnt fully enjoy it because I saw Nebraska whip Kstates ass a few nights before. That's when Nebraska was ranked top 10 and Martinez looked like a Heisman candidate. It was also when the Chiefs won the division with Haley/Cassel so football was all I really focused on.

Also saw Golden St play here the year they won their first title.

Probably not best to gauge an NBA game on pre season though. I bet a playoff game would be amazing. I'm definitely for a team moving to KC I would follow the NBA again.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 02:00 AM 10-28-2020
How many times are we going to get teased with this shit? The NBA isn't interested.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:00 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I sat right behind the Heat bench a few years ago that was pretty cool. I've seen Lebron and Wade play here countless times including when they played OKC with Durant and Westbrooke. It was cool but I didnt fully enjoy it because I saw Nebraska whip Kstates ass a few nights before. That's when Nebraska was ranked top 10 and Martinez looked like a Heisman candidate. It was also when the Chiefs won the division with Haley/Cassel so football was all I really focused on.

Also saw Golden St play here the year they won their first title.

Probably not best to gauge an NBA game on pre season though. I bet a playoff game would be amazing. I'm definitely for a team moving to KC I would follow the NBA again.
I went to a Spurs vs Thunder playoff game back when they had Durant and Westbrook. Maybe even Harden. It was really fun even tho we had terrible seats but nothing compares to Allen Fieldhouse.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 02:42 AM 10-28-2020
I haven't been to a pro game since Lakers vs Buffalo Braves at the forum.
Saw globe trotters twice though
[Reply]
Sorry 02:45 AM 10-28-2020
i love football as my number one any day of the week for so many reasons but nothing compares to basketball at the highest level, full speed, plus shit talking of super athletes.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:22 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The NBA is a 1000 times more popular now than 1985
Really? I would think just the opposite.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:16 AM 10-28-2020
How is renting a team now going to be a trial run? Not trying to be a smart ass either. I'm guessing games will have no fans to a limited number of fans.

And I agree with HemiEd on the popularity in the 80's vs now.

Myself? I watched the NBA before covid/social justice. Watched 10 minutes of first night back, Lakers game. Watched 10 minutes of Memphis game a day or 2 later. Did not watch a second more.

If Dean Wade is playing for some team, I will watch. I coached against his team twice in high school at the 2A state tournament.

And I will watch again when things return to "normal", but not until then.
[Reply]
RN47 05:19 AM 10-28-2020
If it's marketed right and it's just for a season, people might flock to NBA games in KC. Sustaining that momentum beyond one year is another thing altogether.

I haven't watched a full NBA game since...1997 (?), but regardless... how can this not be a net positive for the city?
[Reply]
Coogs 10-28-2020, 05:21 AM
This message has been deleted by Coogs. Reason: Didn't want a political ban
Deberg_1990 05:29 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Really? I would think just the opposite.
Many NBA playoff games were on ‘tape delay’ in the early to mid 80s.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:28 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Man, if this happens, you guys will ****ing FREAK THE **** OUT when you see LIVE NBA games.

There's just nothing like it in all of sports.

TV does not translate the NBA at all.
Yeah nothing can compare to sitting in a half empty arena in February watching a Cleveland-Detroit NBA game.

:-)

The NBA regular season is an absolute joke.

You obviously haven't been to many live sporting events in your life if you think NBA games are one of the best in-person experiences in sports.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up