ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
In Memoriam>BigMeatballDave
Bowser 08:03 PM 05-01-2016
Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick:
I figured since my father spent so much time on here and talked to so many of you, I'd give a bit of an update. BigMeatballDave is no longer able to post on ChiefsPlanet. He has been entered into hospice care and is on his final weeks. If anybody would like to help, I am raising money for his cremation and any other expenses he has after he passes. gofundme.com/2v6zxfck Thank you everybody.
He was 45 and it was a brain tumor, glioblastoma multiforme.
He loved the planet. He would always send me links off here and show me things people said while I was growing up.
Here is the link to Nick's gofundme....

https://www.gofundme.com/2v6zxfck%C2%A0
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:35 AM 05-28-2016
Originally Posted by rico:
I can tell that you are a chip off the block from your dad... especially with the line, "kind of ridiculous, but death changes people." Which is so true and a very optimistic, empathetic and understanding way of looking at things. I can imagine your dad feeling/thinking the same way if he were in the situation you are in now. He will always live through you, buddy, so I hope you keep posting.

Hoping the best for you and your family. Your father came off as a sweetheart.
Quality post...
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 05:20 PM 05-28-2016
I can tell that you are a chip off the block from your dad... especially with the line, "kind of ridiculous, but death changes people." Which is so true and a very optimistic, empathetic and understanding way of looking at things. I can imagine your dad feeling/thinking the same way if he were in the situation you are in now. He will always live through you, buddy, so I hope you keep posting.

:-)
Beautiful post in tribute to a beautiful soul.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 09:27 PM 05-28-2016

:-) Bravo and ditto.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:22 PM 05-29-2016
Thank you all for donating. I have closed donations due to family issues. I'm on here to give an update. My father has been put into a nursing home and I have said my goodbyes and went back to Florida. As much as I wanted to stay in touch, my aunt is no longer giving me updates on my father anymore because I asked about extra money in the GoFundMe to go to the Cancer Society. Kinda ridiculous, but death changes people. I will start to be more active on the planet now that I am home and my life is on track. Thank you all once again. If it wasn't for the planet, my father would not have any kind of way to have the cremation. He would be pleased to know everything you have done for him.

Well done, Rico.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:37 PM 05-29-2016
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Well done, Rico.

This, great work..
[Reply]
LittleMeatballNick 12:57 PM 06-22-2016
Little update on my dad. I talked to him on the phone on father's day. His nurse asked if he knew who he was talking to since his memory is not there anymore. And he still has a sarcastic sense of humor, saying... "duh it's my son."
[Reply]
Meatloaf 01:00 PM 06-22-2016
Little update on my dad. I talked to him on the phone on father's day. His nurse asked if he knew who he was talking to since his memory is not there anymore. And he still has a sarcastic sense of humor, saying... "duh it's my son."
Appreciate the update, LMN. Hang in there, buddy. Good thoughts and prayers continuing for you and your fine pop.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:30 PM 06-22-2016
:-) his brain and body might be under tremendous stress, but not enough to make him forget his son... thats so awesome, thanks for the update
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:44 PM 06-22-2016
Thanks for the update.

Are they keeping him comfortable enough? I'd hate to honk of him suffering. He's in my prayers.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:50 PM 06-22-2016
Wishing that tumor would just melt away !
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:26 PM 06-22-2016
Prayers
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:07 PM 06-22-2016
As all us us are trying to say. Thanks, just thanks...
[Reply]
LittleMeatballNick 09:14 AM 06-28-2016
Big Chief Dave passed away this morning at 5:55, peacefully while sleeping. I'm so glad my father made me grow up watching such a mediocre football team and baseball team for 18 years so I had the bonding times with him over these sports. My dad will be missed greatly by his big family and his big ChiefsPlanet family. You have all been such a big help through this and you all know that Dave didn't deserve this at all and the planet was one of his biggest hobbies. Thank You All.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:16 AM 06-28-2016
Big Chief Dave passed away this morning at 5:55, peacefully while sleeping. I'm so glad my father made me grow up watching such a mediocre football team and baseball team for 18 years so I had the bonding times with him over these sports. My dad will be missed greatly by his big family and his big ChiefsPlanet family. You have all been such a big help through this and you all know that Dave didn't deserve this at all and the planet was one of his biggest hobbies. Thank You All.
Damn. It just got really dusty in my office. :-)

RIP, Dave. You've already been missed and will continue to be for a long, long time.
[Reply]
splatbass 09:16 AM 06-28-2016
Sorry for your loss Nick. RIP Dave.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up