ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Are you picky about the quality of fruits and veggies?
I buy the cheapest that looks edible 3 9.09%
I only buy fruit and veg I can smell and squeeze 14 42.42%
I'm only picky about a couple of fruits or veg. Explain. 5 15.15%
I only buy "in season" fruits and veggies. They're great. 4 12.12%
Frozen is always available and pretty good 2 6.06%
Root vegetables are always good. 1 3.03%
Potatoes are root vegetables, but can w/o knowing 0 0%
Canned potatoes are awesome 0 0%
I've never met a canned fruit that wasn't awesome. 0 0%
I hate fruits and veggies. Beef, bacon, and fast food for me. 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Are you picky about your fruits and veggies?
Stewie 09:35 PM 05-21-2022
My neighbor gets a box of undesirable veggies delivered every two weeks. Perfectly fine, but really oddly shaped and other defects. They pay a premium for the service. It supposedly helps with food waste.

This poll will rank what CPers and their families think are acceptable.
[Reply]
-King- 09:27 AM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I eat nearly every fruit and veggie I can get. Raw or cooked don't matter to me. We go through at least 5 bunches of bananas a week. I eat at least 1 or 2 mangos a day. I can't think of any fruit I wouldn't eat, or try if I haven't had it yet. Broccoli I try to eat on the daily. A romaine salad on the daily. Beans are the magical fruit. Makes sure you eat those too. Only veggies I can think of that I don't eat is yellow squash and eggplant.
5 bunches of bananas a week? How? Do you take a whole bunch to work everyday?

I mean, I love fruit too and I eat pears, plums, bananas and oranges basically every day, but damn :-)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:31 AM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
5 bunches of bananas a week? How? Do you take a whole bunch to work everyday?

I mean, I love fruit too and I eat pears, plums, bananas and oranges basically every day, but damn :-)

Take to work? I don't know about all that.

Family of four.

I eat at least 2 in the morning, and at least 1 or 2 at night for the melatonin. Kids eat them daily. Wife probably every other day. They go fast in my house.

I try to eat as much 'real' food as I can get. I just feel that some of the high calorie processed shit filled with a majority meat consumption of the American diet is a recipe for disaster before you hit 55. I'll try my hardest to pass on that path.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:51 AM 05-22-2022
I'm fully onboard the buffalo cauliflower bus. Touch of smoke then air fried to crisp them up a bit or char them on the flattop, seasoned and sauced and you got a perfectly tasty side.

I've also grown to enjoy cauliflower rice. I'm not going to pretend its as good as real rice but its like diet soda vs regular soda. After having it for so long you start to enjoy it and its a good way to get a veg serving in.
[Reply]
scho63 11:45 AM 05-22-2022

Family of four.

I eat at least 2 in the morning, and at least 1 or 2 at night for the melatonin. Kids eat them daily. Wife probably every other day. They go fast in my house.

I try to eat as much 'real' food as I can get. I just feel that some of the high calorie processed shit filled with a majority meat consumption of the American diet is a recipe for disaster before you hit 55. I'll try my hardest to pass on that path.
Does your family live in trees and swing on vines?

Holy shit I've never heard of anyone's family powering down 5 bunches a week.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:47 AM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Veggies have to be cooked. Can't stand raw vegetables.
Love them all. I usually eat 2-3 full raw carrots a day. One of my favorite snacks.
[Reply]
srvy 11:54 AM 05-22-2022
I eat nearly every fruit and veggie I can get. Raw or cooked don't matter to me. We go through at least 5 bunches of bananas a week. I eat at least 1 or 2 mangos a day. I can't think of any fruit I wouldn't eat, or try if I haven't had it yet. Broccoli I try to eat on the daily. A romaine salad on the daily. Beans are the magical fruit. Makes sure you eat those too. Only veggies I can think of that I don't eat is yellow squash and eggplant.
Durian?

[Reply]
scho63 12:37 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Durian?
If you store it in the freezer, the smell diminishes greatly and easier to eat.
[Reply]
scho63 12:40 PM 05-22-2022
This is one of my favorite things to eat in the summer:

Heirloom tomatoes with 1/2 fresh mozzarella and 1/2 queso fresco, fresh torn basil, onion powder, garlic power, salt / pepper, extra virgin olive oil, and just a splash of balsamic.

A glass of Sauvignon Blanc and I am in heaven. :-)
Attached: 2021-05-05.jpg (61.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:03 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Yes I agree somewhat - I love the pop of the bings. Those things are just rich in pureness. God's food for man. For real.

I don't like a prepared cherry so much but rather, I prefer a raw, nice and cold bowl of cherries with a lovely lime Perrier.
I’ve upped my fruit and veg game trying to clean up my diet.

Our problem is we have 1 grocery store. I can go 45 minutes south and get to Garden but fuck half the time the produce down there isn’t materially better than here.

I’ve done the box thing and I dunno it’s kind of expensive, they try to be organic and that shit doesn’t last. And then they proceed to beat the fuck out it all getting it to my door. I have a misfits account. Maybe I’ll pick it up since the wife is off for the summer.

Nothing beats fresh fruit. I’ve been eating the shit out of Gala apples. I like SR love cherries. I like green bananas, but when they turn yellow they develop something I’m allergic to so I have to be careful. Im a sucker for strawberries. I’ll always eat strawberries. Like all of them. Holy crap I love strawberries.

I’m a bit of a corn snob. We grow our own and it’s tough for me to eat anything else. It’s just not the same. If I use store corn it is for texture the corn, the corn we grow has a really soft kernel structure. Like Hog I do a lot of Brussels if I can find decent ones. Green beans, peas, carrots, all good raw. I’ve taken to roasting broccoli and carrots and sprouts and sweet potatoes.

I just wish I had better access to produce.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:11 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I'm still hooked on Brussel sprouts but have been adding to my skillet for entertainment.

Cast Iron skillet
Chopped bacon ,Just a little for cooking grease and flavor
Brussel sprouts Halved
Baby Carrots
Cauliflower chopped into wedges
Whole green onions
Chopped Garlic
Red Onion
Broccolli

Six pepper seasoning
Garlic powder
What 6 pepper seasoning you run.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:29 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Does your family live in trees and swing on vines?

Holy shit I've never heard of anyone's family powering down 5 bunches a week.
Does it matter where my family lives? Amazon still delivers to us so there's that.

At 5-7 bananas on a bunch. That's no sweat.

More importantly. In a test of how civilized you are. How do you open your banana?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:32 PM 05-22-2022
Durian?
Had it. Too expensive.
[Reply]
srvy 03:37 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What 6 pepper seasoning you run.
The bottom of the nanner leaving the stem as the handle.

My wife informed me of my weird bassackwards way of peeling a banana.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 03:40 PM 05-22-2022

Family of four.

When the kids were still at home, a bundle of bananas would not usually make a day. Heck, unless I laid down the law, they might not even had made the car ride home from the store. They are an awesome quick snack. :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 03:53 PM 05-22-2022
The bottom of the nanner leaving the stem as the handle.

My wife informed me of my weird bassackwards way of peeling a banana.
Yep. Don't know where or when I saw it but man it makes sense. Actually took a banana for breakfast a couple days this week and did it the caveman way the first day then thought about it and did it the smart-man way the next day.

It's hard to un-learn shit but I'm trying
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up