ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>It's Charger Ball-Washing Season
Kiimo 10:19 AM 05-21-2022
I thought it could be fun to specifically contain all the upcoming Charger predictions in this thread that you know are coming.

This Charger Ball Washing season is going to be especially good. If they keep saying it for twelve years in a row it eventually has to be right one year?

The latest:

.@AdamSchein explains why @chargers QB Justin Herbert is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers.

"Herbert is worthy. It's not crazy to say that Justin Herbert is off to the single-greatest start ever in NFL history at the quarterback position." pic.twitter.com/EcGT0kCBjK

— CBS Sports Network (@CBSSportsNet) May 20, 2022

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:56 PM 05-22-2022
2019- 4 games no Hill, then 3 games no Mahomes=Jackpot. Be alright
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:47 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
The ball washing seems appropriate considering the off-season changes to the team, (despite the fact that there are only 2 examples in the thread).

You guys seem more focused on the QB comparison, but the simple fact is the cHargers, as a team, improved this offseason, while the Chiefs got worse.

Of course, it's a long season and a lot of things will change, (some sort of horrible, curse related, thing will happen to the cHargers), but right now, on paper, they look very good.

Media pundits are bored and need to create content so there you go. It happens every off-season.

(Herpderp & Pimples are funny nicknames BTW :-))
The Chargers get better every year, dude. That's the thing.

Why is this season any more special than the other years when they "knocked the draft out of the park!!!!!"
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:58 PM 05-22-2022
The Chiefs got better and it's dumb to even argue otherwise.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:23 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Honestly, top 6 QBs right meow.

Mahomes
Allen
Rodgers
Burrow
Brady
Herbert

And I’m a big fan of Herbert.
I think Herbert is definitely better than Burrow. I’d probably take him over anyone but Mahomes at this point.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:10 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Why is this season any more special than the other years when they "knocked the draft out of the park!!!!!"
This season isn't special. These articles happen every offseason when it can be projected that the Chargers might make playoffs.

It's no reason to get anyone's knickers in a twist. It's media click bait. They're trying to stir controversy.

Fans across the league expect to see coverage of their great team, but get pissy when the article is about a rival, especially one in their Division.
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:52 PM 05-22-2022
to be fair, there were heaps of people saying mahomes lost that last game against the bengals keeping us from the super bowl?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:03 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
to be fair, there were heaps of people saying mahomes lost that last game against the bengals keeping us from the super bowl?
Sounds like Bienemy lost the game.

If you look at the game as a whole, it’s hard to put too much of the blame on Mahomes. He was damn near perfect in the first half, until the horrible playcall at the end of the half.

In the second half, he definitely wasn’t as sharp as usual, but twice his receivers killed drives by dropping first down throws, and then Hill bobbled a perfect pass into the hands of the DB in OT.

Hill did that so damn many times last year, it’s like he was a saboteur.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:48 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
This season isn't special. These articles happen every offseason when it can be projected that the Chargers might make playoffs.

It's no reason to get anyone's knickers in a twist. It's media click bait. They're trying to stir controversy.

Fans across the league expect to see coverage of their great team, but get pissy when the article is about a rival, especially one in their Division.
No, dude, it's different when it comes to the Chargers. It's not just assholes trying to drum up a hot take or get conversation going.

People legit every year believe they're going to put together a run because of what they supposedly see on paper. They're not just going, "Well... it coooooulllld happen..." It's always, "Did you see what Telesco did! Top 3 NFL GM! Best draft ever!"

Every. Fucking. Year.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:11 AM 05-23-2022

Chargers are in their fans(all three of them) favorite time of year. Chargers always win the off season.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:13 AM 05-23-2022
Spring may be breeding season. The condors give hope
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 11:21 AM 05-23-2022
No, dude, it's different when it comes to the Chargers. It's not just assholes trying to drum up a hot take or get conversation going.

People legit every year believe they're going to put together a run because of what they supposedly see on paper. They're not just going, "Well... it coooooulllld happen..." It's always, "Did you see what Telesco did! Top 3 NFL GM! Best draft ever!"

Every. Fucking. Year.
Exactly, this literally (and I hate that word) LITERALLY happens every off-season.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:33 AM 05-23-2022
Even a broken clock is right eventually.

There are legit reasons for Chargers hype this time.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:45 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Even a broken clock is right eventually.

There are legit reasons for Chargers hype this time.
There have been legit reasons in past years. Yet they always find a way to underachieve. Until they prove me wrong, I will continue to roll my eyes at these takes every year.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:54 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Honestly, top 6 QBs right meow.

Mahomes
Allen
Rodgers
Burrow
Brady
Herbert

And I’m a big fan of Herbert.
This isn't really a dig on Herbie, though. Mahomes and Allen are coming into their prime. At their peak they're both A+ guys. Rodgers is coming off back-to-back MVPs and Brady is playing some of the best ball of his career.

I think I'd take Herbie over Burrow at this point, all things considered, due to injury concerns. Herb is a hoss and Burrow's build is a little slight.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:00 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This isn't really a dig on Herbie, though. Mahomes and Allen are coming into their prime. At their peak they're both A+ guys. Rodgers is coming off back-to-back MVPs and Brady is playing some of the best ball of his career.

I think I'd take Herbie over Burrow at this point, all things considered, due to injury concerns. Herb is a hoss and Burrow's build is a little slight.
Burrow is a winner.

Herbie isn't.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up