ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 125
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 01:49 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Can't predict injuries that's the only reason Clyde isn't considered a top 5 running back but he damn near got OROTY before he had an awkward tackle that he did the splits. He also had gallbladder surgery in the offseason and he admitted not having a good camp because he lost weight. So he should have been held out a few games to get game ready. All he has to do is lose his injury prone moniker and he will be one hell of a good running back. His rookie year in 13 games had 803 yards rushing and 297 receiving. He would have broke 1000 yards rushing his rookie season had he not got hurt.

He didn't have a good year at least the start of last year and he had a 300+ lineman fall on him i think that was an injury and he had another injury but he came back strong in the playoffs. In the playoffs against Buffalo he avg 8.6 yards a carry 60 yards on 7 rush and against Cinci one half of play 6 carries 36 yards 6 yard avg and sure I know they had deep coverage but he is still a baller and I think he is going prove himself this year but he is going split the load with Ronald Jones and they will work Isaih Pacheco in there. If Clyde can stay healthy I think he can prove himself.
You know who had 1k yards as a rookie? James Robinson.

Where was he drafted?
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:53 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The difference in an elite Rb and a simply good rb isn't worth the investment and every year there are RB's from the 4th round to UDFA that come in and are successful.

It's just not worth the investment.

And no, in no scenario was Clyde "worth it" at 32.
You can get average RBs anywhere in the draft. I'm talking about game changers. I miss Kareem Hunt. Our offense hasn't been as dynamic w/o him. He's clearly not that easy to replace.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:56 PM 05-05-2022
I think he is going prove you and other haters wrong that he isn't very good.

Give him this season to see what he does. Big thing staying healthy, sure call him injury prone. You are right about not giving RB a second contract but I wouldn't be surprised if Chiefs do if he is indeed productive and can stay healthy and price is right. I can see Isaih Pacheco taking a lot of snaps but I predict a good season out of CEH I just hope he can stay healthy to prove himself. He needs to stay healthy to lose the injury moniker on him.

Last year was not a great year because he lost weight after gallbladder surgery so he lost weight and wasn't in football shape but if he bounces back then he is going get a lot of carries and be apart of the passing game. Doubt all you want.
The problem with CEH is he's small, and slow. So he doesn't make guys miss very much. His only plus trait is that he doesn't go down easily, and usually drags a defender for a few yards after contact.

But the problem is at the end of dragging the pile, he ends up twisted up like a pretzel. So I think injuries are just waiting to happen for him.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:05 PM 05-05-2022
You know who had 1k yards as a rookie? James Robinson.

Where was he drafted?

Yall put too much stock in where a guy is drafted. Was it CEH fault he was drafted at 32? No but he impressed the brass and Patrick Mahomes enough to draft him there. He should have been a 3rd or 4th and then impress the coaches in practice to be a starter and everyone would have loved him then and still would be rooting for the 4th rounder. They are the under dogs. Like this draft we got guys that were later rounds that can take over and be week one starters but they weren't first rounders. Most first rounders have extra pressure on them and expectations and almost to some impossible to meet fans expectations their first year. Fucking give CEH his dues and give him this year if he fails then coach will have someone else run in his place. GET OVER HE WAS A FIRST ROUND PICK.

Not his fault he was drafted where he was not his fault he did the splits getting tackled causing an injury just before he had a shot of being OROY. That's some bullshit not giving him a chance going into his third year . If he sucks he sucks and someone else will fucking tale the rock. Right now he is the starting running back of my fucking favorite team the GOD DAMN KANSAS CITY CHIEFS SUCK IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

If he sucks they will make changes if he succeeds then good for us right?

I'm rooting for him more now because all you doubters.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:10 PM 05-05-2022
I think he is going prove you and other haters wrong that he isn't very good.

Give him this season to see what he does. Big thing staying healthy, sure call him injury prone. You are right about not giving RB a second contract but I wouldn't be surprised if Chiefs do if he is indeed productive and can stay healthy and price is right. I can see Isaih Pacheco taking a lot of snaps but I predict a good season out of CEH I just hope he can stay healthy to prove himself. He needs to stay healthy to lose the injury moniker on him.

Last year was not a great year because he lost weight after gallbladder surgery so he lost weight and wasn't in football shape but if he bounces back then he is going get a lot of carries and be apart of the passing game. Doubt all you want.
I would bet at the end of this year, Ronald Jones has more carries than CEH.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:30 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The problem with CEH is he's small, and slow. So he doesn't make guys miss very much. His only plus trait is that he doesn't go down easily, and usually drags a defender for a few yards after contact.

But the problem is at the end of dragging the pile, he ends up twisted up like a pretzel. So I think injuries are just waiting to happen for him.
He's a bulldog and I'll agree with this but I think he will be better as they split carries with Ronald Jones and get that kid Isaih Pacheco involved in the game. I think CEH can be effective and valuable in the backfield but also don't think he is every down even if he's the starter I'd rather have him split the caries with Jones would save both wear and tear for the season and maybe Clyde wont get hurt. You made a good point to why he gets hurt because he drags defenders along for extra yards and yet people can't appreciate the extra effort he makes.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:40 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I would bet at the end of this year, Ronald Jones has more carries than CEH.
That is very much possible I have no doubt you could be right. I wouldn't be shocked if Isaih Pacheco gets a 3rd of the caries. It's going be hard to keep him off the field as the season goes.

I like and root for CEH. I don't have to argue because it's futile.

If he makes a great impact great better yet helps us win a Lombardi then nobody can say he wasn't worth the #32 pick of the draft. If he sucks or keeps getting injured he won't be a Chief very long and Chiefs will dismiss him. I'm at no loss either way I want Chiefs to win and best players play. I think he has it in him but staying healthy is the key for his success.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 06:39 PM 05-05-2022
CEH's best usage would be to have an even split of runs and targets. Rojo and Gore should be handling the bulk of the carries. Maybe Pacheco breaks through and takes some of those carries, but I'm not banking on it. I would like to see what RBs are gonna be available by the trade deadline. I don't think the RB room is as good as it can be
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:06 PM 05-05-2022
You can get average RBs anywhere in the draft. I'm talking about game changers. I miss Kareem Hunt. Our offense hasn't been as dynamic w/o him. He's clearly not that easy to replace.
Kareem Hunt was a 3rd round pick.

You can get RBs from anywhere.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:10 PM 05-05-2022
Sure. I'm not saying stud RBs need to be drafted in the first round. I'm saying they're not fungible, and our offense isn't the same w/o one.

I think the NFL has swung too far in the "all RBs are basically interchangeable and replaceable" mantra. At least NFL pundits sure have. There could be some inefficiencies there to exploit - as in a cheap contract relative to a stud RB's actual value to the team.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 05-06-2022
Sure. I'm not saying stud RBs need to be drafted in the first round. I'm saying they're not fungible, and our offense isn't the same w/o one.

I think the NFL has swung too far in the "all RBs are basically interchangeable and replaceable" mantra. At least NFL pundits sure have. There could be some inefficiencies there to exploit - as in a cheap contract relative to a stud RB's actual value to the team.
It's fungible in that the difference in a good one and a great one just isn't much.

Added to the fact that you can find good ones every single year either in cheap free agency or thru the mid rounds of the draft and it's just not worth the investment.

Elite RB's that can catch the ball are definitely great to have. I just wouldn't expound many resources trying to find one.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:15 AM 05-06-2022

I'm going to ask a question because I don't want to put words in your mouth: Are you someone who says, "You really shouldn't draft a RB in the 1st round. Just don't do it." Like, sure, be choosy about who you're taking, but for example... if the Chiefs legit believed that CEH was going to be the kind of RB we needed that would make our offense truly unstoppable, was it okay for them to spend the 32nd overall pick for him at the time?

Again, I'm not putting you in this category necessarily, but what drives me up the wall are fans who pine for Kareem Hunt but also say, "CEH was horrible from the start-- never draft RBs in the 1st round!" because they seem to be implying that Hunt was quite valuable to the team and its success, so if he was really all that irreplaceable, then why not spend the 32nd overall pick in an attempt to put the offense back in God mode? Is that any worse than the Colts spending the 6th overall pick on a goddamn guard in 2018, no matter how good he is? You can quibble with the player they chose, but if that's who the front office and scouts believed would do the trick, then doesn't it make sense?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:25 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm going to ask a question because I don't want to put words in your mouth: Are you someone who says, "You really shouldn't draft a RB in the 1st round. Just don't do it." Like, sure, be choosy about who you're taking, but for example... if the Chiefs legit believed that CEH was going to be the kind of RB we needed that would make our offense truly unstoppable, was it okay for them to spend the 32nd overall pick for him at the time?

Again, I'm not putting you in this category necessarily, but what drives me up the wall are fans who pine for Kareem Hunt but also say, "CEH was horrible from the start-- never draft RBs in the 1st round!" because they seem to be implying that Hunt was quite valuable to the team and its success, so if he was really all that irreplaceable, then why not spend the 32nd overall pick in an attempt to put the offense back in God mode? Is that any worse than the Colts spending the 6th overall pick on a goddamn guard in 2018, no matter how good he is? You can quibble with the player they chose, but if that's who the front office and scouts believed would do the trick, then doesn't it make sense?
CEH totally would have been worth the 32nd overall pick if he looked like how he did in that LSU offense. The only reason people bitch about the pick is because he doesn't play like that.
[Reply]
O.city 10:38 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

It gets to "Organizational philosophy" at that point.

Picking a G at 6, even if he's a hall of famer, just isn't going to produce the value that you could get from a pass rusher or QB etc.

Nelson is obviously a great player. But IIRC, he's been hurt and had some issues there that have kept him off the field. Well durability being a big selling point for a G I'd guess, is gonna be a problem.

And no, CEH was never worth a first round pick. Even if he is/was what he was at LSU. He's not an elite athlete or a big play game breaking RB.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:40 AM 05-06-2022
It gets to "Organizational philosophy" at that point.

Picking a G at 6, even if he's a hall of famer, just isn't going to produce the value that you could get from a pass rusher or QB etc.

Nelson is obviously a great player. But IIRC, he's been hurt and had some issues there that have kept him off the field. Well durability being a big selling point for a G I'd guess, is gonna be a problem.

And no, CEH was never worth a first round pick. Even if he is/was what he was at LSU. He's not an elite athlete or a big play game breaking RB.
Would Johnathan Taylor have been worth a 1st?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 125
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up