ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Dwayne Haskins
The Franchise 09:00 AM 04-09-2022

Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning when he got hit by a car in South Florida, per his agent Cedric Saunders. Haskins would have turned 25 years old on May 3.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 9, 2022

RIP
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:44 PM 04-09-2022
Wow, very sad news.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:53 PM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
I read he was trying to cross the interstate, I'm just curious as to why. :-)
To get to the other side.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:07 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He didn't, no.

But he's an NFL writer and he's going to put something like this in an NFL context.

And yeah, easily the most notable thing about Haskin's NFL career was that it just wasn't very good. And the hagiographies ring a little hollow as very few people had anything kind to say about this guy when he was a 3rd stringer and inactive because of a poor work ethic.

I mean...it is what it is.
There is a very, very old saying that goes something like: Do not speak ill of the dead. It's a good rule. There are certain deaths where, I think, it is appropriate to ignore this rule. This was not one of them.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:50 AM 04-10-2022
Way too young, sad. RIP
[Reply]
seamonster 05:04 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
There is a very, very old saying that goes something like: Do not speak ill of the dead. It's a good rule. There are certain deaths where, I think, it is appropriate to ignore this rule. This was not one of them.
Can't stand Dwayne Haskins as a football player or as a person. He and his SJW ilk shit all over Joe Thiseman. Haskins Had a pop-up strip club brought to his house and partied with like a thousand random people while his coach was battling cancer and had no immune system. Took pictures of himself while a game was in-play and he was starting, team had to rush another QB onto the field. And he was certifiably lazy and STUPID..Haskins was a mess. It's convenient to shift the blame to his parents and the system for coddling and creating this man-child, but Dwayne was a grown man. He had every chance in the world to take responsibility for himself. And yet, he was still given endless second chances by the league (and we all know why). It got to the point where Ron Rivera was smeared in public for benching Dwayne for historically poop QB play. Dwayne and his agent were OK with that. Just like Dwayne was OK with "liking" the Redskins on social media when they fired Jay Gruden. I don't like to talk shit about victims and dead people but this kid was entitled and rotten to the core.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:22 AM 04-10-2022
We hear why he was on foot in the highway?
[Reply]
TEX 06:46 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Can't stand Dwayne Haskins as a football player or as a person. He and his SJW ilk shit all over Joe Thiseman. Haskins Had a pop-up strip club brought to his house and partied with like a thousand random people while his coach was battling cancer and had no immune system. Took pictures of himself while a game was in-play and he was starting, team had to rush another QB onto the field. And he was certifiably lazy and STUPID..Haskins was a mess. It's convenient to shift the blame to his parents and the system for coddling and creating this man-child, but Dwayne was a grown man. He had every chance in the world to take responsibility for himself. And yet, he was still given endless second chances by the league (and we all know why). It got to the point where Ron Rivera was smeared in public for benching Dwayne for historically poop QB play. Dwayne and his agent were OK with that. Just like Dwayne was OK with "liking" the Redskins on social media when they fired Jay Gruden. I don't like to talk shit about victims and dead people but this kid was entitled and rotten to the core.
I hear ya....But Haskins is dead and died tragically. That's the story here. This is not the best time to voice your
type of opinion of the dude, valid or not.
[Reply]
JPH83 06:47 AM 04-10-2022
He was 23 ffs. It's pretty hard for me to think anyone is "rotten to the core" when they're that young and obviously have a long ways to grow. I get that there's no guarantee he would ever have had the hardest work ethic or whatever but I'm pretty glad noone stopped the clock on me when I was 23 and decided that was all I could've been. I think that's what's sad about it.
[Reply]
threebag 04-10-2022, 06:48 AM
This message has been deleted by threebag. Reason: Rain Man already laid it out
TEX 06:48 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Not that I know of. That part is odd.
[Reply]
Road Hog 07:32 AM 04-10-2022
De Mortuis nil nisi bonum
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:57 AM 04-10-2022
Nothing like the delightfully rich irony of someone criticizing a recently deceased person for being a social justice warrior by feeling so principled that he needs to lay out each and every one of his thoughts on social media to let the world know exactly how much he detests the deceased.

It's nice that this is where in your life you take a stand, you true American patriot!
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:08 AM 04-10-2022
I have never seen you on here.. but shit you're fucking stupid.
[Reply]
seamonster 09:25 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
He was 23 ffs. It's pretty hard for me to think anyone is "rotten to the core" when they're that young and obviously have a long ways to grow. I get that there's no guarantee he would ever have had the hardest work ethic or whatever but I'm pretty glad noone stopped the clock on me when I was 23 and decided that was all I could've been. I think that's what's sad about it.
Yea can't imagine what Dwaynes dad's going through (the two were close). Nightmare scenario...Kids and adults are liable to go to some dark places if they can't form healthy relationships with colleagues and the world at large. Should be a wake up call. But I know it won't because people like to eologize and signify their virtues when these things happen. Nobody's going to focus on the real issue here.
[Reply]
wazu 09:48 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This happened n Broward County, was kinda hoping you could tell us.
[Reply]
neech 09:55 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
It worked!!!!

Rep your way
You might tell your momma the good news, she needs a reason to be proud of her boy.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up