ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Dwayne Haskins
The Franchise 09:00 AM 04-09-2022

Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning when he got hit by a car in South Florida, per his agent Cedric Saunders. Haskins would have turned 25 years old on May 3.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 9, 2022

RIP
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:27 PM 04-10-2022
It ran out of electricity
[Reply]
Hamwallet 05:16 PM 04-10-2022
I took several months off. This place is terrible.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:30 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
You and i have completely different definitions of rotten to the core.

When i think rotten to the core i think serial killers or pedos. Not immature young adults with more money than they know what to do.

Also millions of young adults grow up and turn their lives around. Sometimes they have to hit rock bottom sometimes they have to hit rock bottom more than ones (me) but it's a shame this young man lost his life before he had the opportunity to make something of himself and be responsible or just piece with God. I'm fortunate to be alive and still hold onto the past but when a young man loses his life game over there are no redoes or like Nintendo and get 100's of lives to take down Bowser. (and take all the booze out of the mods lounge)

Larry Johnson comes to mind he hit rock bottom and it took a lot of time and he turned his life around after football.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:41 PM 04-10-2022
99% of the shit I post is bullshit, but this is the 1% of the time I'm serious.

Here's Claypool sharing his reaction to finding out:

-A moment of vulnerability-
The moment I realized I had lost a brother.

We are placed on this undesirable pedestal and become treated as if we are anything but human, but It’s okay to not be okay. Allow me to be the example. Love you, 3 ���� https://t.co/3ZGehDX49H pic.twitter.com/cIUHCiPM21

— Chase Claypool (@ChaseClaypool) April 9, 2022

Not the same circumstances, but almost 3 months ago I lost a friend to suicide. I had talked with him the night before and got a call from his girlfriend the next day stating he was gone. I had thought everything was normal and had no reason to think I wouldn't see him soon (I saw him a few weeks prior). I was horribly wrong and I think all the time about how I was one of the last people he talked to.

I've never experienced losing someone so suddenly like that before. I've spent many nights wondering why he's gone. I've gone to counseling. Haven't cried a lot but still trying to accept the fact that my friend died suddenly and it was preventable.

I think the loss of life when people are young (Haskins and my friend were both in their were 20s) especially makes stuff harder to process as there should be so much left to look forward to and I feel awful that preventable deaths like these happened.
[Reply]
neech 05:42 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
Take off some more months maybe it will change.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:07 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
99% of the shit I post is bullshit, but this is the 1% of the time I'm serious.

Here's Claypool sharing his reaction to finding out:

Not the same circumstances, but almost 3 months ago I lost a friend to suicide. I had talked with him the night before and got a call from his girlfriend the next day stating he was gone. I had thought everything was normal and had no reason to think I wouldn't see him soon (I saw him a few weeks prior). I was horribly wrong and I think all the time about how I was one of the last people he talked to.

I've never experienced losing someone so suddenly like that before. I've spent many nights wondering why he's gone. I've gone to counseling. Haven't cried a lot but still trying to accept the fact that my friend died suddenly and it was preventable.

I think the loss of life when people are young (Haskins and my friend were both in their were 20s) especially makes stuff harder to process as there should be so much left to look forward to and I feel awful that preventable deaths like these happened.

You don't have to have an understanding but let me please help you come to terms with you friend. I don't know what his suffering was but take it from a guy that has have many attempts on my own life only to wake up in the hospital because someone did a welfare check on me. I'm getting kinda choked up with this post but anyways what ever was troubling your friend or hurt was bigger than you or him or his family and have piece of mind that his inward pain is gone and he is not suffering from the demons inside. I hope that helps. Also get some professional counseling no matter how long it's been.

I've lost a Buddy his name was Buddy that was like 5 years ago he had four daughters and all he did was work and try to take care of his family. It hit's me sometimes when I think about him we laughed maybe a week before. It hurts and will always hurt but your friend is not suffering and that's what need to reconcile with. My prayer is that these words help you in comfort for your loss of your friend. It makes me sad I've attempted multiple times and it's an illness that is truly bothersome.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:24 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
You don't have to have an understanding but let me please help you come to terms with you friend. I don't know what his suffering was but take it from a guy that has have many attempts on my own life only to wake up in the hospital because someone did a welfare check on me. I'm getting kinda choked up with this post but anyways what ever was troubling your friend or hurt was bigger than you or him or his family and have piece of mind that his inward pain is gone and he is not suffering from the demons inside. I hope that helps. Also get some professional counseling no matter how long it's been.

I've lost a Buddy his name was Buddy that was like 5 years ago he had four daughters and all he did was work and try to take care of his family. It hit's me sometimes when I think about him we laughed maybe a week before. It hurts and will always hurt but your friend is not suffering and that's what need to reconcile with. My prayer is that these words help you in comfort for your loss of your friend. It makes me sad I've attempted multiple times and it's an illness that is truly bothersome.

I appreciate your words. And yeah, there were multiple underlying factors that we think contributed to his mental state but we didn't think anything was out of the ordinary until it was too late.

I'm also sorry you've experienced losing a friend suddenly and am happy that you're alive.

I guess my point with my post is it's horrific losing someone so suddenly as is the situation that friends, family, etc. have to deal with afterwards and that having reactions like Claypool posted are OK and normal.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:00 PM 04-10-2022
Jude 1:9 NIV
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

It's the soul(not the failings of the flesh)
[Reply]
TLO 07:44 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Jude 1:9 NIV
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

It's the soul(not the failings of the flesh)
????????????????????????????
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:49 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
????????????????????????????
He meant to say. Hey Jude take a sad song and make it better

He just missed up the lyrics
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:00 PM 04-10-2022
You should take the rest of your life off you ****ing loser.

Trade Mahomes and his dumbass brother for Watson.
Patrick Mahomes is our worst enemy on offense right now.
Herbert is punking Mahomes on QB IQ tonight.
I gonna say it. Herbert is better then Mahomes right now. That’s reality.

[Reply]
Chief Pote 08:26 PM 04-10-2022
This thread is the reason I rarely post at CP. I enjoy the football insight...but lots of bad humans(not all) on this website. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:42 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pote:
This thread is the reason I rarely post at CP. I enjoy the football insight...but lots of bad humans(not all) on this website. :-)
You take the good
You take the bad
You take them both and there you have the facts of life
The facts of life…

Chiefs Planet I've been through a lot since the years I've been on Chiefs Planet and I gravitate to the positive posters and for the most part it works for me. Sometimes (a lot of times) there are negative posters that I don't really care much for but I don't know them in personal life. I do sometimes think things carry on from personal life and they tend to take it out on posters. Most I mean a lot of people just think they are being funny to get either a laugh or troll the situation sometimes I've laughed when I shouldn't have so that makes me no better than that person but I'm not going to their house and slap them because I laughed at their GI Jane joke. People are cruel and rude to each other but when there is a prayer thread or someone needs help Chiefs Planet lifts them up an I am testimony to that. People send out prayers and well wishes to people they don't know. So yes take the good and take the bad and you take them both you have the facts of Chiefs Planet the facts of Chiefs Planet....
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:01 AM 04-11-2022
I really enjoy your mom's open-faced tuna sandwich.
[Reply]
HayWire 05:38 AM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
You take the good
You take the bad
You take them both and there you have the facts of life
The facts of life…

Chiefs Planet I've been through a lot since the years I've been on Chiefs Planet and I gravitate to the positive posters and for the most part it works for me. Sometimes (a lot of times) there are negative posters that I don't really care much for but I don't know them in personal life. I do sometimes think things carry on from personal life and they tend to take it out on posters. Most I mean a lot of people just think they are being funny to get either a laugh or troll the situation sometimes I've laughed when I shouldn't have so that makes me no better than that person but I'm not going to their house and slap them because I laughed at their GI Jane joke. People are cruel and rude to each other but when there is a prayer thread or someone needs help Chiefs Planet lifts them up an I am testimony to that. People send out prayers and well wishes to people they don't know. So yes take the good and take the bad and you take them both you have the facts of Chiefs Planet the facts of Chiefs Planet....
Awwww go fuck a goat. Ain't nothing nice around here
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up