ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 40
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Where do the Chiefs stand in the Division?
comochiefsfan 10:40 AM 03-23-2022
This hurts.

We're clearly behind LA now and probably even with Denver and Vegas.

Hopefully we make the playoffs next year. This blows.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:54 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Lol

Look, I'll admit, you've done a pretty good job if convincing some of the biggest dipshits on this board that you're smart and clever. Unfortunately those of us who have read an entire book are not so impressed
So that's a no on rebuttal?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:55 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We floundered around with Alex for 5 years, netting one measly playoff win and never making it past the Divisional Round in the process. We made the switch to Mahomes and coincidentally found ourselves in the AFC Championship game that same year and hoisting the Lombardi just one year after that.

Alex was a decent QB and a great stabilizer for the franchise at the time, but he was clearly the limiting factor when the lights were the brightest.
So your position is we should have drafted Mahomes in 2014?
[Reply]
Bwana 02:56 PM 03-23-2022
There are a couple people bleeding out here. Lets give it until the opening game of the season to find out. This team is going to look a lot different than it does "right this second",and there are going to be a lot of new talented players. We'll be fine.

[Reply]
TLO 03:00 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
This hurts.

We're clearly behind LA now and probably even with Denver and Vegas.

Hopefully we make the playoffs next year. This blows.
If you look at the Vegas odds, we're squarely in 1st.
[Reply]
carcosa 03:00 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
You never answered my question. Where did you get the idea to compare sports to Entourage? Was it a Bill Simmons column from 2005, or a Bill Simmons column from 2004? I want to know more about your process
[Reply]
carcosa 03:03 PM 03-23-2022
It's so so funny that you think this inane rhetoric is some kind of epic gotcha. Classic dumb-guy-who-thinks-he's-smart shit.

I'll put this in terms you might understand: you've got Gob Bluth's attitude and Buster Bluth's intellect
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:10 PM 03-23-2022
My position is that you shouldn't have been gargling Alex's balls all those years
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:13 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by carcosa:
It's so so funny that you think this inane rhetoric is some kind of epic gotcha. Classic dumb-guy-who-thinks-he's-smart shit.

I'll put this in terms you might understand: you've got Gob Bluth's attitude and Buster Bluth's intellect
Tannehill? Geno? Manziel?

What's your solution? And would you stand behind it if they decided they had too much invested in that solution to gamble on Mahomes in 2017?

It's not a gotcha, it's reality.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:14 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
My position is that you shouldn't have been gargling Alex's balls all those years
Don't go upsetting htis' precious vitriol balance, whiny-titty-baby [there, balance restored. . . :-)].
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:15 PM 03-23-2022
I’m as negative as anyone on the current state of affairs in KC. The next year, maybe 2 might be a bit of a step back. That being said, going to be fun watching Derek Carr get $40-45 million a year and Wilson getting $50 million a year starting next year and Herbert joining Wilson and Rodgers in the $50 million club over the next 1-2 years. Enjoy the next 1-2 years AFCW teams because by the time those contracts kick in KC should be reloaded and ready for another run. I have a feeling none of these AFCW teams end up winning a Super Bowl, so in the end they will have all blown their load for nothing.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:17 PM 03-23-2022
1 until the standings say otherwise.
[Reply]
carcosa 03:18 PM 03-23-2022
Tannehill? Geno? Manziel?

What's your solution? And would you stand behind it if they decided they had too much invested in that solution to gamble on Mahomes in 2017?

It's not a gotcha, it's reality.
Hint: "Alex Smith was a limited QB who held back the Chiefs offense" and "Other QBs who were available at the time were not better than Alex Smith" are not mutually exclusive statements.

Also, the blue on the map is water
[Reply]
DaFace 03:18 PM 03-23-2022
I ran across this site when trying to think through the impact of this trade, and it's actually super interesting. Not that Vegas odds tell us everything we need to know, but here are the impacts of a few recent roster moves:

Broncos sign Wilson - Odds jump from +2100 to +1200
Brady un-retires - TB odds jump from +2800 to +800
Chiefs trade Tyreek - Odds drop from +800 to +900

If you assume that Vegas odds are at least generally reflective of actual chances, the story is pretty clear. A WR - even one as good as Tyreek - has a negligible impact compared to that of a franchise QB.

We'll be fine.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:18 PM 03-23-2022
Maybe ask yourself why anyone would want to argue with you.

I've had several rebuttals in this thread and in return is super passive aggressive hyperbole bullshit... which means you're either very immature, trolling, or English is a 2nd language....I dunno.

I mean "sunshine and roses" and "mod thinks you should be happy all the time" is either passive aggressive bitch, trolling, or a severe lack of understanding of the words on your monitor. Because it's not even close to the point and I wouldn't at all call it constructive rebuttal either.

I mean, can you even tell me my opinion without going into some extreme hyperbole whiny bullshit? Because it should be really clear by now.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:19 PM 03-23-2022
How can you ask this until after the draft? The Chiefs can get like 4 starting caliber players next month.

Did you forget they got Humphrey, Bolton and Smith from last years draft?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 40
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up