ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 40
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Where do the Chiefs stand in the Division?
comochiefsfan 10:40 AM 03-23-2022
This hurts.

We're clearly behind LA now and probably even with Denver and Vegas.

Hopefully we make the playoffs next year. This blows.
[Reply]
-King- 12:01 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
For YEARS I would get defensive at the whole "some people won't ever be happy!" because it was typically said when they Chiefs were 3-0 or during some other meaningless regular season streak.

Why don't we wait until the Chiefs actually win something important before we say some people are completely incapable of being happy.

Some people are completely incapable of being happy.
Why should people be happy about trading Hill?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:03 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
This bugs the hell out of me about this place.

Not everyone needs to be happy about every single thing. Not every move is good.

I get that were all homers here but it's OK if people are pissed off about this move. It's highly questionable to say the least.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:04 PM 03-23-2022
when you're standing alongside DTVietnam and Como, you should probably take a look at yourself.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:05 PM 03-23-2022
Something bad happens ≠ the worst will continue to happen forever

The constant impending doom on this board for the unknowns of the future makes this fanbase look so fucking stupid.... yeah, today sucks. Can we maybe not extrapolate every second of the day into the infinite future like it's already written in stone, for apparently the sake of wanting to constantly have something to bitch about?

I dunno, just a thought.

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:06 PM 03-23-2022
Because Mahomes. In Veach We Trust. You know, things like that.

Losing the most explosive playmaker in football would be a big deal to most teams, but not your mighty and invincible Chiefs! :-)
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:06 PM 03-23-2022
At the top until someone proves otherwise.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:08 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
This bugs the hell out of me about this place.

Not everyone needs to be happy about every single thing. Not every move is good.

I get that were all homers here but it's OK if people are pissed off about this move. It's highly questionable to say the least.
lol, but you and several others are weeping vaginas about EVERYTHING.

It has nothing to do with rose colored glasses and everything to do with how people go full retard about every little thing that happens and extrapolates it into the worst possible future..... some people are actually capable of accepting bad things happen and even being angry about those things without being a fucking retard about it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:09 PM 03-23-2022
For YEARS I would get defensive at the whole "some people won't ever be happy!" because it was typically said when they Chiefs were 3-0 or during some other meaningless regular season streak.

Why don't we wait until the Chiefs actually win something important before we say some people are completely incapable of being happy.

Some people are completely incapable of being happy.
I was told for decades my satisfaction with signs of quality play or cohesion or improvement or . . . whatever sports is about, was a stain on my worth as a fan, because everything short of SBs is utter failure . . . So I tried to accommodate these standards, and now that we see how hard a SB is, I'm now being told that expecting SBs 'all the time' is utter failure and a stain on my fandom as well.

I have utter faith in Mahomes. I had utter faith in Tyreek and Kelce. I said regularly if I was starting a franchise from scratch, I'd take Mahomes and Tyreek before even Reid, Veach, Arrowhead, KC, or any other aspect/characteristic/touchstone of a franchise property. I meant that.

Reid and Veach and Spags have NOT earned that blind trust, not with the failures that have been interspersed with our successes, and not with Mahomes and Tyreek clouding objective assessment of the franchise as a whole with shit-saving theatrics.

This isn't Bilichek molding a dynasty to the personnel on-hand with creativity and flexibility. Time will tell if they eventually demonstrate their own form of genius and creativity OUTSIDE of drafting a generational QB.

It will be interesting to see what develops over the next few years, but this was supposed to be the window where we TAKE ADVANTAGE of a young generational QB on the roster, not rebuild to make up for mistakes and failures already apparent.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:10 PM 03-23-2022
Short term... I think KC is no longer a 'no brainer' pick to win the division this season. Long term ... could really set this team up incredibly well if the right picks are made.

Mahomes can win with anyone, so they'll maintain double digit wins... but, it's a much harder road until they replace Hill with a high caliber dude.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:12 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I was told for decades my satisfaction with signs of quality play or cohesion or improvement or . . . whatever sports is about, was a stain on my worth as a fan, because everything short of SBs is utter failure . . . So I tried to accommodate these standards, and now that we see how hard a SB is, I'm now being told that expecting SBs 'all the time' is utter failure and a stain on my fandom as well.
Seems like you listened to some morons, so that's unfortunate.
[Reply]
TEX 12:12 PM 03-23-2022
1. Chargers
2. Raiders
3. KC
4. Donx
That's how I see it now. Trading Reek was foolish. Varch is full of himself on this one. Sorry, just no silver lining for me. Hill was the best game-changer in the league. Now gone. You don't replace that.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:13 PM 03-23-2022
Because SB, . . .

[Reply]
TEX 12:14 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Short term... I think KC is no longer a 'no brainer' pick to win the division this season. Long term ... could really set this team up incredibly well if the right picks are made.

Mahomes can win with anyone, so they'll maintain double digit wins... but, it's a much harder road until they replace Hill with a high caliber dude.
No guarantees just cuz you have the draft pick. Trade normal good players in their prime, not future HOF'ers. Dumb trade..
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:15 PM 03-23-2022
Seems like you listened to some morons, so that's unfortunate.
Yeah, listening to other people's advice on the quality of your fandom is probably full-on rerunned [though it apparently doesn't stop anyone from OFFERING IT, . . . /cough], . . but it's kind of the raison d'etre of this board's existence.

Time to close shop. Fan how you want at home alone.

Bearcat will mail out quarterly newsletters on proper fandom that you would be directly advised by him to ignore.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:16 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
1. Chargers
2. Raiders
3. KC
4. Donx
That's how I see it now. Trading Reek was foolish. Varch is full of himself on this one. Sorry, just no silver lining for me. Hill was the best game-changer in the league. Now gone. You don't replace that.
The Chargers don't play a home game all season. How are they winning the division unless their talent far outweighs the other teams?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 40
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up