ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Matt Ryan to the Colts
Rain Man 02:16 PM 03-21-2022
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...174923684.html

Apologies if repost, but I don't see it anywhere. Traded for a third-round pick.

Rodgers is going to be the only viable QB in the NFC this year, I think.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:32 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
Of course not, they let Coach K go to Duke. They’ve got a history of missing the big picture.
Coach K was never gonna wait around for Knight to go and Knight didn’t leave for 30 years anyway.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:49 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Oooooffff

They're not even trying to hide that this is going to be a tank year.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:22 PM 03-21-2022
Sucking for Luck is still hickuping meh to yuck(not in that order).
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:44 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken:
Baker is running out of options
Seattle is a great fit, HC that actually wants to run the ball and two damn good targets when he needs to throw.

They'd go Full Reerun and stick with Lock though.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:51 PM 03-21-2022
SEA has just about the worst OL in the NFL. Baker won't sniff a winning season without a decent OL.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:00 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
I’ve had plenty, thank you. The Colts existed before Peyton Manning, you know.

[Reply]
cmh6476 08:07 PM 03-21-2022
This feels like the Colts are trying to do what LAR did with Stafford. Except Ryan isn't Stafford and I don't think it's going to work out like that.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:13 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
This feels like the Colts are trying to do what LAR did with Stafford. Except Ryan isn't Stafford and I don't think it's going to work out like that.
A little, but just a little.

The Rams were a good team that needed something more than a doorknob at QB, and Stafford is worthy of leading many teams to a championship, except in Detroit where no one is good enough to make them good as a team.

Colts are a borderline elite team who had a walking brainfart at QB, occasionally more promising than than Goff, but more often, and with the kicker of awful timing, a complete disaster. And they just need someone, in the words of Ricky Roma, 'not, to FUCK US UP!!'

In addition, and I'm not saying Ryan will improve here, but he can't be worse, and I'm not saying Wentz will or won't improve in this area, but with the Colts he had some serious 'hello, fellow kids' disastrous sideline chemistry. Like a walking personification of the moment when Ryan Seacrest tried to high five a blind guy.

[Reply]
notorious 08:27 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
USA Today says it's Carson Wentz.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/l...s-nfl-history/

Third is Julio Jones. I bet the Falcons' capologist doesn't get a Christmas bonus very often.
Guess what bags of fucking trash were running the Falcons when they signed the contracts?
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:49 PM 03-21-2022

And they were worse than the Chiefs have ever been.

Even after all the Colts success in the last 20 years, the Chiefs franchise still has a higher win percentage all time.

You act like Chiefs fans have had it worse than anyone and that’s just not true. Not by a long shot.

This isn’t about comparing battle scars. It’s about recognizing how your franchise got that success in the past 20 years.

The Chiefs did it with great ownership who recognized the right people to hire. And they traded up to grab their franchise guy.

The Colts since Unitas have only ever been able to fall ass over tea kettle into their success.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:53 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Guess what bags of ****ing trash were running the Falcons when they signed the contracts?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:09 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
SEA has just about the worst OL in the NFL. Baker won't sniff a winning season without a decent OL.
Which looks worse than it is because Russ holds on to the ball forever.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 09:36 PM 03-21-2022

And they were worse than the Chiefs have ever been.

Even after all the Colts success in the last 20 years, the Chiefs franchise still has a higher win percentage all time.

You act like Chiefs fans have had it worse than anyone and that’s just not true. Not by a long shot.
I agree. But where fate has been cruel to Chiefs fans is the years of being close, but not quite good enough. The Chiefs seemed to find new and unusual ways to lose playoff games every f'ing year. Just when you thought they couldn't possibly come up with anything that would bug you, they'd find an even more painful way to blow it.

2018 was particularly bad bc they finally had the superstar QB and still managed to blow it through a series of narrow calls all going against them, and Dee Ford's offside yanking away a sure win. Though, to tell the truth, we did kinda know that there'd be a lot of deep playoff runs to come. Even so. we still had the ghost of Dan Marino hanging over our heads until Mahomes pulled off the win in 2019.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 02:55 AM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
The only thing they were worried about was getting rid of Wentz, and they did alright at that, imo.

I don’t think they’ll get to the super bowl, not from the stacked afc, but I think they’ll compete.

More importantly, this gives them probably 2 more years to position themselves to get a franchise quarterback. Which is all that matters now in the nfl.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:25 AM 03-22-2022
Buying Pittman even earlier now...he is going to feast with Ryan just throwing to him over and over and over.

Ryan might be in decline but he can still throw an accurate pass with anticipation.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up