ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 34
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:44 PM 11-20-2021
Sporting kicks off its playoff run today at 4PM. Hopefully Pulido, Salloi, and Russell can all find their form together quick with Pulido back in the lineup now and we can go on a little magical MLS Cup run.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:02 PM 11-20-2021
I just can't get into MLS, I don't know why.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:12 PM 11-28-2021
Oof what a shitty way to end your season SKC
[Reply]
petegz28 04:24 PM 11-28-2021
Well, that sucked. They deserved the loss though. They played like absolute shit. Slow to every 50-50 ball. Let RSL spend the entire game in the attack zone. Indecisive and overthinking every time they got a scoring chance.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:26 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Oof what a shitty way to end your season SKC
They had a decent season. Nothing great.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:32 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I just can't get into MLS, I don't know why.
It's like watching pinball. Most goals are scored off fluke bounces. Lack of technical skill. Third rate referees also. The league is making money and growing beyond its wildest dreams in 1996. However, the product is watered down.

There are American football leagues in Europe. They're just not that good. Nowhere near NFL quality. You wouldn't enjoy watching them much.

Oh and Peter Vermes should be fired. This team should have played in more than one Final during the last 12 years. Great regular seasons followed by playoff choking. Blowing home field advantage many of those times. This dude makes Marty Schottenheimer look like Bill Belichick in the playoffs.
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:35 PM 11-28-2021
Feel bad that Mahomie had to watch the team lose
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:37 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Feel bad that Mahomie had to watch the team lose
He needs to flex his ownership muscles. Get a new coach. Or convince Messi/Ronaldo to retire in Europe and finish their career here.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:44 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
It's like watching pinball. Most goals are scored off fluke bounces. Lack of technical skill. Third rate referees also. The league is making money and growing beyond its wildest dreams in 1996. However, the product is watered down.

There are American football leagues in Europe. They're just not that good. Nowhere near NFL quality. You wouldn't enjoy watching them much.

Oh and Peter Vermes should be fired. This team should have played in more than one Final during the last 12 years. Great regular seasons followed by playoff choking. Blowing home field advantage many of those times. This dude makes Marty Schottenheimer look like Bill Belichick in the playoffs.
Wife is a huge SKC fan. She basically said after Salt Lake scored the 2nd goal that this is how SKC loses every year in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 05:12 PM 11-28-2021

Bingo....

Vermes chokes on his own spit....
Time to move on....
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:24 PM 11-28-2021
However, the product is watered down.

The NFL is as well.... I mean, not that I'm going to flip on the CFL or anything.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 05:51 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The NFL is as well.... I mean, not that I'm going to flip on the CFL or anything.
The NFL is by far the best football league in the world. Watered down? Because there's too many teams? Were NFL games better quality 20 years ago when there were fewer teams?
[Reply]
carlos3652 06:26 PM 11-28-2021
Was at the game. The last 35 min was pure crap. Basically how we played the last 3 games of the season where we lost all of them to crappy teams.

RSL made a huge tactical change in the 55th min (or so) that changed the game and we had no answer for it… they were free on our wings and they had speed. Our guys look tired.

The team had nothing left in the tank. Was expecting this type of game vs Vancouver which made it even worse because we were incredible last game.

Over it. Here is to next year.
[Reply]
MAG 09:08 PM 11-28-2021
CAN HIS ASS
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:13 PM 11-30-2021
This New England vs NYC match is incredible
[Reply]
Page 8 of 34
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up