ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 34
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:27 AM 10-08-2021
Brazilian soccer player arrested for attempted murder after kicking referee in the head

William Ribeiro's kick knocked Rodrigo Crivellaro unconscious and sent him to the hospital

Brazilian soccer player William Ribeiro is facing attempted murder charges after he kicked referee Rodrigo Crivellaro in the head -- knocking him unconscious -- during a match on Monday. The shocking events unfolded after Crivellaro awarded Guarani de Venancio Aires a free kick against Ribeiro's São Paulo de Rio Grande team during the second half of their match.

Sao Paulo-RS, who compete in the sixth-tier of the Brazilian football pyramid, immediately terminated Ribeiro's contract and announced that they will pursue "all possible legal measures" regarding the incident, which club president Deivid Goulart Pereira described as "revolting." Goulart Pereira also offered his support to Crivellaro, who stayed in a local hospital the night of the game before being discharged Tuesday morning.

"On the exact day when all the red-green family gathered to celebrate the 113th anniversary of Sao Paulo RS, our club faced one of the saddest episodes of its history, a fateful scene that shocked all people who love not only Gaucho football but all those who just love the sport in general," Goulart Pereira said in a statement.

"Rest assured, we are sorry and deeply ashamed," he added. "We send all the apologies in the world to the injured referee and his family as well as apologizing to the public in general for the lamentable scene seen today.

Here's video of the incident, which may be too graphic or disturbing to some. Ribeiro begins his attack on Crivellaro at around the 30-second mark before police rush onto the pitch and an ambulance arrives to take the referee to a hospital.

"His attack was very strong and violent, kicking the referee in the head and making him pass out," Police investigator Vinicius Assuncao told UOL. "The referee had no chance of defending himself."

The teams halted their match for the night and played the rest on Tuesday. Guarani, who led 1-0 before Ribeiro's incident, eventually won by that same score.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...e-in-the-head/
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:58 AM 10-08-2021
Wow. Horrible. Glad they arrested him.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:00 AM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Huge comeback. Ricardo Pepi was easily the player of the match in his debut. What a moment for the 18 year old.
and again, last night!
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:11 AM 10-08-2021
Huge comeback. Ricardo Pepi was easily the player of the match in his debut. What a moment for the 18 year old.
It seems that the US is finally turning out some promising young talent. Makes me excited to see where the future goes as these kids grow. Really hope the kids continue to develop... gotta start making the Olympics and can't miss the fucking world cup either
[Reply]
penguinz 09:13 AM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
It seems that the US is finally turning out some promising young talent. Makes me excited to see where the future goes as these kids grow. Really hope the kids continue to develop... gotta start making the Olympics and can't miss the ****ing world cup either
Olympics mean nothing other than getting young players more experience in international tournament formats.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:43 AM 10-08-2021
If Ricardo Pepi can maintain even close to this level of form, this team could be very very good. A true striker was all that was missing and Pepi has definitely shown that he has the ability to be in the best positions and take advantage of them. Something this team has been desperately missing for awhile. I’m cautiously optimistic just because we’ve had strikers shine bright like this before only to disappear. Pepi does seem to be on a different level, though, so I’m excited to see what his progression will look like. Especially after the inevitable European transfer this winter.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 10:55 AM 10-11-2021
Well, that last game sucked. I know top guys were missing but the team went back to looking terrible. Berkhalter made some weird starting 11 personnel decisions and his subbing was terrible too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:13 PM 10-13-2021
Nice comeback tonight for the US. That Dest goal was a thing of beauty. Came out very sluggish giving up that early goal, but a huge comeback victory to put us in good position going into that Mexico match next month.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 07:16 PM 10-13-2021
Night and day compared to Panama. Midfield was very good. Link up play was a 180.

I really like this 11. Add Pulisic and Reyna and this team is by the best in the Concacaf.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:12 AM 10-14-2021
Had meant to post this the other day and nearly forgot.

[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 03:44 PM 10-14-2021
Anyone know why Joe Scally isn’t getting more USMNT looks? He’s lighting up the Bumdesliga.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 03:48 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Anyone know why Joe Scally isn’t getting more USMNT looks? He’s lighting up the Bumdesliga.
I guess I’d add: Dest is world class at RB. Despite his defensive deficiencies. Antonee Robinson is a serviceable LB. Think: LDT. He’s just ok. He won’t lose games. This kid is 18 and is establishing himself as one of the best LB in one of the best leagues in the world.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:59 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
He’s still very young and inexperienced. I’m sure he’ll get a chance to make the actual World Cup squad, but he had less than 10 club appearances in his entire career when this team was being formed for these qualifiers. There just isn’t time to try and get him into the lineup until friendlies roll back around after qualifying. I think Dest is doing pretty good in that RWB spot as well so no need to rush. A plethora of good fullbacks is a nice problem to have. Starting to feel like an actual soccer country with the talent being left off the national squad lately. It’s a very nice new feeling.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 04:59 PM 10-14-2021
He’s still very young and inexperienced. I’m sure he’ll get a chance to make the actual World Cup squad, but he had less than 10 club appearances in his entire career when this team was being formed for these qualifiers. There just isn’t time to try and get him into the lineup until friendlies roll back around after qualifying. I think Dest is doing pretty good in that RWB spot as well so no need to rush. A plethora of good fullbacks is a nice problem to have. Starting to feel like an actual soccer country with the talent being left off the national squad lately. It’s a very nice new feeling.
Good points. Thank you.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:13 AM 10-15-2021
I just managed to watch few parts of the Canada v Panama game and oh boy Davies at ST/RM was just dominant and scored a great individual effort goal, he needs to play more on the wing at Bayern, his speed is just a PIA for opponents.

[Reply]
Page 4 of 34
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up