< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Top gun trailer
Sorry 01:44 PM 07-18-2019
Couldn't find a thread.

https://youtu.be/qSqVVswa420
[Reply]
Coyote 06:52 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I used to own 2 sports bikes about 15 years ago, and there were ridiculous fast. Then about a year ago, I rode a buddies R1M and he rode my street glide for a quick ride. Holy shit...times have changed. R1M was insane; can't imagine what an H2 would be like full out.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_triple

I had a couple back in the day. I started with their predecessors above. The “ Triple” was explosive but had a terrible frame/ suspension for the power. You could literally feel the frame flex when balls out in a corner and I suspect that got a few guys. Got my attention and I’d back way off and guys on other bikes would pass, the out of the corner a locomotive hit its ass end and we’d repeat the series throughout. Continued poor suspension with all those bikes in my opinion.
[Reply]
loochy 06:53 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I spy a Kawasaki h2 in there.
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I used to have that bike, not "That one" but another built H2 Mach 3
Originally Posted by Barret:
F-14 tomcat in the last shot by the way.....that was nice.
I used to have that airplane, not "that one" but another built F-14D Super Tomcat
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:37 AM 07-19-2019
love the tomcat pinball machine
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:45 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by Barret:
F-14 tomcat in the last shot by the way.....that was nice.
Makes you realize just how hulking those ol' birds were.

At the time they looked sleek and agile as hell. In that clip alone just watching it come through after seeing the shots of the Hornets makes it look like a fullback in the open field.

Saw one on a carrier tour in San Diego - they're just friggen massive.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:55 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
No shirtless volleyball, for the love of god please no.
Haha! Yeah, I could totally trade out volleyball for a softball game or something.
[Reply]
Coyote 08:11 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Makes you realize just how hulking those ol' birds were.

At the time they looked sleek and agile as hell. In that clip alone just watching it come through after seeing the shots of the Hornets makes it look like a fullback in the open field.

Saw one on a carrier tour in San Diego - they're just friggen massive.
Design catch 22: long range interceptor performance equals more fuel equals more size. Tanking is used in any part but carrier based tankers are an issue, hence “buddy stores” tanking is primary.

The E/F models in the trailer are ironically approaching Tomcat size :

“The Super Hornet is largely a new aircraft at about 20% larger, 7,000*lb (3,200*kg) heavier empty weight, and 15,000*lb (6,800*kg) heavier maximum weight than the original Hornet. The Super Hornet carries 33% more internal fuel, increasing mission range by 41% and endurance by 50% over the "Legacy" Hornet. The empty weight of the Super Hornet is about 11,000*lb (5,000*kg) less than that of the F-14 Tomcat which it replaced, while approaching, but not matching, the F-14's payload and range.”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boei...F_Super_Hornet
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:20 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by Coyote:
Design catch 22: long range interceptor performance equals more fuel equals more size. Tanking is used in any part but carrier based tankers are an issue, hence “buddy stores” tanking is primary.

The E/F models in the trailer are ironically approaching Tomcat size :

“The Super Hornet is largely a new aircraft at about 20% larger, 7,000*lb (3,200*kg) heavier empty weight, and 15,000*lb (6,800*kg) heavier maximum weight than the original Hornet. The Super Hornet carries 33% more internal fuel, increasing mission range by 41% and endurance by 50% over the "Legacy" Hornet. The empty weight of the Super Hornet is about 11,000*lb (5,000*kg) less than that of the F-14 Tomcat which it replaced, while approaching, but not matching, the F-14's payload and range.”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boei...F_Super_Hornet
Didn't realize the hornets had gotten that big.

I think it's just that widebody stance they have that gives them such a lumbering look. That's a loooooot of fuselage.

Anybody between probably 35 and 55 is gonna have a soft spot for the big fighter; it's just the era we grew up in. At least the A-10 is still fighting the good fight and the F-15 is gonna have a 50+ year service life when all is said and done. In this era of aircraft development and for a high performance fighter, that's unthinkable.

But the F-14 will almost certainly always be my favorite.
[Reply]
Coyote 08:52 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Didn't realize the hornets had gotten that big.

I think it's just that widebody stance they have that gives them such a lumbering look. That's a loooooot of fuselage.

Anybody between probably 35 and 55 is gonna have a soft spot for the big fighter; it's just the era we grew up in. At least the A-10 is still fighting the good fight and the F-15 is gonna have a 50+ year service life when all is said and done. In this era of aircraft development and for a high performance fighter, that's unthinkable.

But the F-14 will almost certainly always be my favorite.
Roger.
Yeah Super Hornets are called Rhinos on the boat. Ironically same nickname F4 Phantoms had as well due to size. We called Tomcats, “Turkeys” due to thier variable geometry wings. Like a cobbler strutting and spreading.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:00 AM 07-20-2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIUowqD0uY8

dude couldn't get a tone because he hadn't switched to A2A missles finally figured out what the problem was and got the kill
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:02 AM 07-20-2019
Growlingsidewinder is the best flight sim channel btw
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:50 AM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
On the bottom right of the video box is the word share. Click the word share, a box will pop-up on the right you will see the word embed. Click on the word embed, a different window will pop-up that will have the video in it and the link to the video you are on. On the bottom right will be the word copy, click on the word copy, then go to where you are wanting to place the video and right click on your mouse, then select the paste button from the menu that appears.
you could have said:

click share, click embed, copy, paste in CP post window :-)
[Reply]
Miles 02:22 AM 07-20-2019
Watched trailer for the first time and thought those were F/A Super Hornets and happy to see I recognized right. Whatever Tom Cruise might be as a weirdo (side note the Scientology leader is seriously even shorter) that makes him happy he keeps bringing it. Realized over the past 10 years or so I enjoy anything he does.
[Reply]
Coyote 05:50 AM 07-20-2019
[QUOTE=Demonpenz;14355824]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIUowqD0uY8

dude couldn't get a tone because he hadn't switched to A2A missles finally figured out what the problem was and got the kill[/QUOTE

Fight like you train. Switch Pig. That engagement was over at 15 miles. At the merge when -2 went to a heater to get a close range kill. Then the AIM-9 had a separate master arm ( CCU) plus the primary to avoid training mishaps.
When you hear it growl , it’s because he finally remembered and hit the CCU arm.

But there’s no kill like a gun kill. Poor guy became a training example for years.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:04 AM 07-21-2019
I'm in.
[Reply]
Setsuna 03:25 PM 07-22-2019
Looks great.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 22
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up