ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 39
« First < 273334353637 3839 >
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:02 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
It wasn't as bad as Clooney's version.
Watching mold grow on bread isn't as bad as Clooney's version.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:03 AM 05-13-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Watching mold grow on bread isn't as bad as Clooney's version.
It was the most positive review I could give it. The movie is dog shit, but it's still not as bad as the Clooney version.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:58 PM 05-13-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
It was the most positive review I could give it. The movie is dog shit, but it's still not as bad as the Clooney version.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I really liked it.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:10 AM 05-14-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Nice to see Kravitz is coming back. I liked her Catwoman. She played off of Pattinson well. I'd like to see what Pattinson can do with a more emotionally mature version of his character as well.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:34 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Nice to see Kravitz is coming back. I liked her Catwoman. She played off of Pattinson well. I'd like to see what Pattinson can do with a more emotionally mature version of his character as well.
Rumors were they were banging onset
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:09 PM 05-15-2022
Finally saw it.

It was different but good. I can’t believe no one mentioned the cinematography. Some shots in there were all timers man. There was some really good shit in there. It was nice to see some real thought put into the cinematography. The hallway scene lit by muzzle flare, the car coming through the fire, the flare in the water, all tremendous shots. Iconic even.

Kravitz was good. Pattinson was good. I didn’t dig the My Chemical Romance hair he had going but whatever. Ferrell and Wright were both excellent. Overall the casting and performances were great. I have trouble separating the performance from production, but Kravitz and Pattinson had really good chemistry. And the whole motorcycle competition thing they had was good. In virtually any other hands it’s a bag of shit. But it worked here. Not sure why.

The writing, especially for Bruce Wayne’s dialogue spartan as it may be was really good. I laughed at “You could have pulled that punch.” “I did.” For an hour. It’s one thing to be the strong silent type, it’s another thing to do it well and this did. That’s an accomplishment.

That being said plot holds abound. Which is fine. But they’re there. It was also really fucking dark for 3 hours. I mean I appreciate what they tried to do with the light, shining it on Zoe Kravitz identifying her as the light in his life and the new dawn after the fight. All really good filmmaking choices. But man. It was dark for 3 fucking hours.

Overall this is a very heady piece for a superhero flick.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:04 AM 05-17-2022
Well, yeah, if Pattinson had the chance to do it with her and didn't then he's gay. Really, really, gay.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:57 PM 05-17-2022
Wouldn't surprise me at all since Zoe Kravitz seems to be have passed around by damn every white actor in Hollywood.

Also, getting back to Matt Reeves' planned trilogy. All I got to say is THANK GOD! I don't want to see this Batman team up with Aquadouchebro or that little twink pussy that is the Flash (and who's career is probably over before the age of 30:-))

Reeves' Planet of the Apes sequels were incredible and I have no doubt he's gonna make a couple of great sequels to add to The Batman.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:06 PM 05-21-2022
Just finished it with my 9 year old who loved it. Cinematography was great, personally I prefer Pattinson to the prior actors. Keaton was a dreadful Batman IMO

Obv this wasn’t close to Joker. I wonder why they didn’t ask Phoenix to do the cameo. He IS Joker for all time, sorry Nicholson and Ledger fans.

I did enjoy Catlady tossing in the “white privilege” sermon halfway thru. Really added to the movie! It was a critical piece of dialogue (not)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:20 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Just finished it with my 9 year old who loved it. Cinematography was great, personally I prefer Pattinson to the prior actors. Keaton was a dreadful Batman IMO

Obv this wasn’t close to Joker. I wonder why they didn’t ask Phoenix to do the cameo. He IS Joker for all time, sorry Nicholson and Ledger fans.

I did enjoy Catlady tossing in the “white privilege” sermon halfway thru. Really added to the movie! It was a critical piece of dialogue (not)

PB, and his 9 year old heading to the theatre...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:53 PM 05-22-2022
Did anyone else find the after credits scene?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Did anyone else find the after credits scene?

Spoiler!
I saw it.

Not real sure what to think of it.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:53 AM 06-10-2022
Finally watched it.

Pattinson, as Bruce Wayne, was awful. Dude looked like the lead singer of an Emo band from 2002. Zero charisma and a petulant little fuckboy towards Alfred until he got blown up.

As The Bat... he did better than I expected from him other than his frame not lending itself to Batman. Not that Batman needs to look like Dave Bautista but there was no way someone with his frame was hitting people as hard as he was.

I did enjoy how we got to see a bunch of villains in this movie but there was only one main baddie. I loved the motorcycle and the new Batmobile. I also enjoyed that they took their time and didn't rush to tell the story.

One thing that managed to take me out of the movie happened really early on and that is when all the face painted guys were accosting the dude that got off the train. They had just done a bunch of exposition on how everyone feared the dark because of him. Then Batty rolls up and lead painted face guy says something to the effect of "who do you think you are?"

Bro, are you serious??? There is a light that gets pointed at the sky with a bat in the middle... there is a dude in front of you wearing a bat costume and you know there has been a guy running around Gotham for 2 years now beating the shit out of bad guys.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:20 AM 06-10-2022
Kravitz daughter was amazing. I was a tad disappointed with Pattinson. I dont know that it was his fault, he played the part the writers wanted but that just wasn't Batman to me.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:43 AM 06-10-2022
More people that don’t understand the purpose of the portrayal of Bruce Wayne in this movie

:-)

He’s not supposed to be charismatic. He let’s you know at the very beginning of the movie that he is a “nocturnal animal” for a reason. Bruce Wayne is his “mask”, and he doesn’t yet understand the purpose/benefits of being Bruce Wayne for his overall mission.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 39
« First < 273334353637 3839 >
Up