ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>New or old song you discovered.
big nasty kcnut 04:55 AM 05-17-2022
I'm jamming out to miseria cantare by afi plus a few other. What you all jamming to lately. Also i feel like in the 1980s at wal mart their selling albums again. And record players.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:07 AM 05-17-2022
Sheryl Crow was on Stern a week or so back and it reminded me of one my favorite songs of hers, which happens to be a cover. By all rights, it should be her biggest hit, because her voice on it is immaculate. The whole album has stellar songs [I mean, C'mon. . . it's The Carpenters, and Neil Sedaka to boot], but this is my favorite.

Don't think I've ever got to the part starting around 3:00-3:05 without a least a few tears.

Still not as good as Karen, but IMO no one is or has been. But Sheryl is good as it gets nowadays, and even more powerful in moments.

Karen's voice is superior, but she's singing in 70s ballad/standard style, sweet and safe and with a full orchestra, while Sheryl had 20 years to cogitate on a more emotional bluesy take.

[Reply]
Why Not? 07:28 AM 05-17-2022
My wife is dragging me to The Head and The Heart concert next week, so I've been listening to some of them to prep myself. They're not too shitty.
[Reply]
srvy 09:22 AM 05-17-2022
Old band I had forgotten. Being the youngest in the family I was the lowest on the totem pole. I didn't get to choose the records very often that got played. I listened and got an earful of Motown Soul Rythem and Blues and pop from my eldest Sis and Rockabillly Rock n roll from brothers. Dad was country particularly Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys and Mom Classical.

But back to the point this old group I would hear on records and radio I always liked.

[Reply]
EPodolak 07:32 PM 05-17-2022
A little while back I heard this gem on Sirius. Didn't think there were any great Lennon tunes I'd missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX7roXRmkOU
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:54 PM 05-17-2022
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
I'm jamming out to miseria cantare by afi plus a few other. What you all jamming to lately. Also i feel like in the 1980s at wal mart their selling albums again. And record players.
Love this song! The entire CD rocks!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:46 PM 05-19-2022
Best song of the moment. Video is beautiful. Shenseea is ummm.... nice!!

[Reply]
srvy 12:12 PM 05-21-2022

[Reply]
Up