ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 98
« First < 48889495969798
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL STOCK CHALLENGE & DISCUSSION THREAD****
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:48 AM 03-24-2022
Stock Discussion
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:38 PM 12-08-2023
I've been adding ARM as a long position, I believe ARM will be a mega stock like NVDA, AMZN, GOOGL, etc.....

It IPO'd a couple months ago
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:41 PM 12-08-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Anyone trading anything!?!??!?!
Been trading TSLL,TSLT / TSLS,TSLZ with a sprinkle of MARA daily and doing well.

Day trading is much easier when you can focus on one stock and those 4 I mentioned ALL trade off TSLA movement
[Reply]
lewdog 09:23 AM 03-02-2024
Do any of the day traders here use MACD for day trading? Do any of you day trade options?

I have my breakout patters and rules for swing trading but have a friend using MACD as one of his signals for day trading. He's been day trading for years and having success recently with adding MACD to his arsenal.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m...0rises%2Ffalls.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:24 PM 03-20-2024
So I picked up a couple small positions that I like.

Tyson has been beat up and I think it is a good buy.

3M shitcanned their CEO and hired a guy with a good track record. There are some worrisome lawsuits out, but there are some really good assets that maybe they can leverage into some better income and get a stock bump over time.

I picked up a little ADM. I don't really like it, but the grains are due for a rally and hopefully it will pop and I can dump it.

Also bought some alphabet. Apparently Apple has a deal with them to get Gemini on Iphones. That will be a pretty big boost for them, if it takes off. Plus I think it was a little unfairly abused because they still print money.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:09 PM 03-23-2024
I've started paper trading or small swing trading options in a paper account. It's very interesting. I use the same breakout strategy I use for swing trading to profit from action on short-term options contracts. Either day trading those contracts or holding a few days.

I'm also working on puts with breaks of resistance using basic technical analysis. Key with options is you have to be ok with larger swings. You also have to have a lower allocation of your total account per trade. I'm limiting a single options contract to 3% of my total account value.

Any other tips from some of you, please share!
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:38 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So I picked up a couple small positions that I like.

Tyson has been beat up and I think it is a good buy.

3M shitcanned their CEO and hired a guy with a good track record. There are some worrisome lawsuits out, but there are some really good assets that maybe they can leverage into some better income and get a stock bump over time.

I picked up a little ADM. I don't really like it, but the grains are due for a rally and hopefully it will pop and I can dump it.

Also bought some alphabet. Apparently Apple has a deal with them to get Gemini on Iphones. That will be a pretty big boost for them, if it takes off. Plus I think it was a little unfairly abused because they still print money.
I've been holding MMM forever. It seemed like a nice safe stock at the time with a pleasant dividend, and it's pretty much lost money every year. I figured that I don't lose money until I sell it so I kept hanging on, but this year I started selling it. I read an article by someone saying that they were avoiding companies that face big multi-billion dollar lawsuits, and that's pretty much where MMM is right now.

The CEO change popped the stock up. Maybe people think he can get them out of it, which means I'm selling at the exact wrong time, but I'm pretty much done with it. I don't have a large amount, but it's been getting smaller every year.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:52 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've been holding MMM forever. It seemed like a nice safe stock at the time with a pleasant dividend, and it's pretty much lost money every year. I figured that I don't lose money until I sell it so I kept hanging on, but this year I started selling it. I read an article by someone saying that they were avoiding companies that face big multi-billion dollar lawsuits, and that's pretty much where MMM is right now.

The CEO change popped the stock up. Maybe people think he can get them out of it, which means I'm selling at the exact wrong time, but I'm pretty much done with it. I don't have a large amount, but it's been getting smaller every year.
Yeah, I don't know. I didn't buy very much, and I'm certainly not eating losses. So I'm hoping I get a distressed asset.

The CEO has a good track record. But it might kick me in the dick.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 98
« First < 48889495969798
Up