ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 163
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
ghak99 02:54 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I haven't shot my bow in a year. I'm too busy with other things. Between that and all the dumbass "staff" hunters around I don't even really care. I used to plan my year around bow hunting and now I don't know if I'd have a single weekend that I could.
This has slowly been happening to me the last few years.

It started with the clown season they call rifle just burning me out. But now I'm surrounded by ~25 idiots form Georgia and Alabama on top of the regular neighbor issues. They lease every acre from a large farmer who leases most of the ground to farm. I have gone from spending a lot of money and time making food plots to "fuck it, what's the point". Have at least a half dozen trail cameras I haven't even put out.

The only real point in going to the tree is for the silence and to watch them run for their lives just trying to get back to my properties before they die. Even me being there is a liability as I could push the one or two deer I'd actually take next year back into a long trailer ride to Georgia were they'll tell every friend they have about how good Missouri is which leads to more driving up lease and land prices for everyone else here. Meanwhile, I know the area is in a 4-5 year decline in both quality and volume.

MDC needs to mirror Iowa, Illinois, and Kansas tag prices or just admit they don't really give a damn about young Missouri hunters actually having a place to hunt.
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:42 PM 10-28-2021
Tourism is greater than your $25 tag. You get the opportunity to pay taxes too.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:57 PM 10-28-2021
Well you guys are making me feel better about living in the part of Oklahoma where deer can eat rocks or wait on acorns.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 10:52 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:

It started with the clown season they call rifle just burning me out. But now I'm surrounded by ~25 idiots form Georgia and Alabama on top of the regular neighbor issues. They lease every acre from a large farmer who leases most of the ground to farm. I have gone from spending a lot of money and time making food plots to "fuck it, what's the point". Have at least a half dozen trail cameras I haven't even put out.

The only real point in going to the tree is for the silence and to watch them run for their lives just trying to get back to my properties before they die. Even me being there is a liability as I could push the one or two deer I'd actually take next year back into a long trailer ride to Georgia were they'll tell every friend they have about how good Missouri is which leads to more driving up lease and land prices for everyone else here. Meanwhile, I know the area is in a 4-5 year decline in both quality and volume.

MDC needs to mirror Iowa, Illinois, and Kansas tag prices or just admit they don't really give a damn about young Missouri hunters actually having a place to hunt.
It costs non-residents $442 for a antlered/antlerless combo plus $98 non-resident hunting license in Kansas.

Most residents I speak to think it's not enough.

Also, we have the same problem with leased ground and local hunting access. Has been since the 90s, and it's only trending moreso in that direction.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:29 AM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
It costs non-residents $442 for a antlered/antlerless combo plus $98 non-resident hunting license in Kansas.

Most residents I speak to think it's not enough.

Also, we have the same problem with leased ground and local hunting access. Has been since the 90s, and it's only trending moreso in that direction.
Iowa gets you for even more than that if you build points and buy a tag for a good area.

... which is why Missouri is the toilet bowl that catches every cousin Eddie and his five ugly southern brothers. Local youth who don't have an "uncle farmer" have to lease ground if they want to hunt. Meanwhile, MDC is spending stacks of tax payer cash to test dead deer for the Kung FLu.
[Reply]
F150 11:02 AM 10-29-2021

It started with the clown season they call rifle just burning me out. But now I'm surrounded by ~25 idiots form Georgia and Alabama on top of the regular neighbor issues. They lease every acre from a large farmer who leases most of the ground to farm. I have gone from spending a lot of money and time making food plots to "**** it, what's the point". Have at least a half dozen trail cameras I haven't even put out.

I bow hunt my farm. Used to rifle but its insane anymore with orange nutters everywhere. I basically patrol my property lines rifle weekends on 4 wheeler. Used to let a couple others hunt but they went Xbow and I said no to that.

Youth season is just excuse to use kids so dad can shoot a deer. Id do away with that.

Id raise out of state tags equal to state you come from

Id move Xbow to rifle only

Id do away with landowner tags too.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:12 PM 10-29-2021
Best state for elk? Trying to plan for next year. Looking at Utah, NM & MT… but open to suggestions. This is essentially a gift for a family member in good health (he can handle rugged terrain) who has never hunted elk. He is an accomplished deer hunter. Suggestions?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 01:26 PM 10-29-2021
I like NM
[Reply]
Otter 01:27 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Best state for elk? Trying to plan for next year. Looking at Utah, NM & MT… but open to suggestions. This is essentially a gift for a family member in good health (he can handle rugged terrain) who has never hunted elk. He is an accomplished deer hunter. Suggestions?
You can open the window in my office and surf ChiefsPlanet while waiting. Hell, I'll let you borrow my 30.06 and only charge you $1 for the round and let you sip on my HOMEMADE BAILEYS IRISH CREAM.

Try not to nap while huntin'.

[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:53 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
You can open the window in my office and surf ChiefsPlanet while waiting. Hell, I'll let you borrow my 30.06 and only charge you $1 for the round and let you sip on my HOMEMADE BAILEYS IRISH CREAM.

Try not to nap while huntin'.

“Wow!” doesn’t seem to cover it. You are living right!
[Reply]
ghak99 06:03 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
If you're buying a private hunt, I'd look into New Mexico or maybe Wyoming. Each offers their own differing versions of the elements and travel challenges.

I public land archery hunt Colorado every few years and have been building points for a future trophy unit hunt for what seems like forever. The public land hunt is an enjoyable experience, but It'd be more of a punishment than a gift as success is quite low.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:08 PM 10-29-2021
If you're buying a private hunt, I'd look into New Mexico or maybe Wyoming. Each offers their own differing versions of the elements and travel challenges.

I public land archery hunt Colorado every few years and have been building points for a future trophy unit hunt for what seems like forever. The public land hunt is an enjoyable experience, but It'd be more of a punishment than a gift as success is quite low.
Thank you. I have sworn off public land. Too many random people. Many that don’t practice gun safety. Well, at least from my experience.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:45 AM 10-30-2021

[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:12 AM 10-31-2021
Fuck. Guess who forgot to set an alarm.. woke up to daylight on this beautiful Sunday.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:40 AM 10-31-2021
Deer moving like crazy thismorning
[Reply]
Page 160 of 163
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163 >
Up