ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 323 of 324
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Smed1065 11:49 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Honestly, I feel there was a stretch of time where he was waiting for the Chiefs to free up some cash and offer him basically what the Titans did, but the whole Chris Jones situation ended up torpedoing that.

Don't matter, still went back-to-back.
Back to back to back..............:-)
[Reply]
Balto 01:39 PM 03-25-2024
Honestly, I feel there was a stretch of time where he was waiting for the Chiefs to free up some cash and offer him basically what the Titans did, but the whole Chris Jones situation ended up torpedoing that.

I mean it still seems Sneed is a Chief and the trade hasn't finalized yet...Maybe DHOP is in fact in the trade MUAHAHA
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:03 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Balto:
I mean it still seems Sneed is a Chief and the trade hasn't finalized yet...Maybe DHOP is in fact in the trade MUAHAHA
Probalby just a pending physical
[Reply]
alanm 02:09 PM 03-25-2024

Exactly, Chris waiting and signing so late screwed that pooch.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:37 PM 03-25-2024
Lol, how did this thread get resurrected?
[Reply]
notorious 03:38 PM 03-25-2024

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:41 PM 03-25-2024

He could have come got the ring for less. He chose the bag, which is his prerogative.

Not sure that guy has ever been about winning.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:45 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He could have come got the ring for less. He chose the bag, which is his prerogative.

You do know that he only got about #13 million for last season, right? And that TEN only paid about $3 million of it?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:51 PM 03-25-2024

This is a dumb narrative that needs to die. If I'm searching for a job, I don't ask for a P&L to see if I can work for the most profitable company. I'm worried about what they can pay me.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:11 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
This is a dumb narrative that needs to die. If I'm searching for a job, I don't ask for a P&L to see if I can work for the most profitable company. I'm worried about what they can pay me.
That’s your angle, as well as the majority of NFL players…but not all.

Some play the game because they love playing it and want to win. Kinda like Brett Favres old line “I play the game for free, they pay me to practice”.

It’s their life…some guys want to be paid well, but more importantly they want to win. Some view winning as maxing earning potential regardless if the team has success or not.

Hollywood and Tranquil seem like guys that took less to have a chance to win over maximizing individual earnings because they view winning a title as “part of the earnings”. We get those types of deals fairly consistently and kinda expect us to continue to do so.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:41 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
You do know that he only got about #13 million for last season, right? And that TEN only paid about $3 million of it?
I do, which is why I almost put bag in quotes. I'm guessing that was the most he could get.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:43 PM 03-25-2024
Absolutely nothing wrong with that. There are, however, guys who value winning more. See: Tranquil, Drew and Kelce, Travis, among others.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:45 PM 03-25-2024
I do, which is why I almost put bag in quotes. I'm guessing that was the most he could get.

:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:29 PM 03-25-2024

He once led his team to a 24-0 lead in the second quarter of a playoff game.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:30 PM 03-25-2024
look at you, JR, using industry terms like P&L. I can dig it! However, you should worry about how profitable the company you work for is. I'd recommend to anyone applying somewhere to pull up their most recent 10-K and/or 10-Q (assuming it's public) and see if that company is in the black or in the red.

There I was, a young auditor ready to leave the big 4 and go corporate. I interviewed with a company that after years of profitability, was in the red when I interviewed. The CFO pointed out that whether the company makes money or loses it, either way, they'll need financial statements, so who cares? I took the job. The following occurred in the couple ensuing years:

-mandatory furloughs! every employee in the company was required to take every other Friday off and not be paid for it. It cut payroll expense by 10% right off the top.

-coworkers being laid off! They spread their work around to those of us still standing.

-no bonus! The bonus pool required the company to make a profit and it never did while I was there, so the modest amount of bonus I would have been in line for just never happened.

-no more 401k match! The company amended their 401k to 'temporarily' cease match on 401Ks.

-super low materiality threshold set by the auditors, making way more transactions subject to scrutiny than ever before! When a company's net income is near $0, materiality gets real low.

-underwater options! Nothing like having the right to buy stock at $20 a share when its trading for $15.

-very low annual raises!

-company acquired! And that's the end of the whole finance staff.
[Reply]
Page 323 of 324
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324 >
Up