ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 3903
« First < 59109149155156157158159 1601611621631692092596591159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:25 AM 03-12-2020
So something that is inconsistent in the data and almost makes me think there are multiple strains of the virus or that it has seen its potency change:

In China and Italy the percentage of people who experience Serious/Critical effects is high — 10% to 33% of currently active cases.

In S Korea and Germany and USA the percentage of “bad” cases is well under 1%.

Even when you factor in deaths into the Serious/Critical number it is still a large difference — outside of the nursing home deaths the US has just over a dozen deaths and 10 critical patients.

And the nursing home in Seattle that was responsible for the majority of US deaths exhibited the same type of high death rate (for obvious reasons).

With enough spread and enough numbers to form semi-reliable trends what does the fact that there are limited numbers of critical patients coming from many parts while high numbers are being reported in Spain, Italy, China, etc tell us?
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 10:26 AM 03-12-2020
Pulled my kids outta school. Topping off on farm supplies.
Hole is dug. Ready to pull the earth in on top.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:31 AM 03-12-2020

NFL said it has "no plans to move the start of the league year."

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 10:33 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Of course not. That would be taking things a little too far.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:33 AM 03-12-2020
My daughter is a teacher at a local school district and is about to go on spring break.... She says it’s looking more like the kids aren’t coming back to school after the break.. Kids were told to take their devices and chargers home during break. Learning may be done on lab tops for awhile..
[Reply]
loochy 10:34 AM 03-12-2020
I'd like to see some communications from people that actually have the sickness right now. I'd like to see how many feel like death, how many are slightly sick, etc. I keep reading "oh, most people only experience minor symptoms." Is minor like a common cold or is minor like the full blown flu without hospitalization?
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:34 AM 03-12-2020
This is America. Football is not optional.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:34 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'd like to see some communications from people that actually have the sickness right now. I'd like to see how many feel like death, how many are slightly sick, etc. I keep reading "oh, most people only experience minor symptoms." Is minor like a common cold or is minor like the full blown flu without hospitalization?
Gobert and Hank seem to be completely fine. Like barely sick.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:39 AM 03-12-2020
Delusional thinking.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:41 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
My daughter is a teacher at a local school district and is about to go on spring break.... She says it’s looking more like the kids aren’t coming back to school after the break.. Kids were told to take their devices and chargers home during break. Learning may be done on lab tops for awhile..
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
Pulled my kids outta school. Topping off on farm supplies.
Hole is dug. Ready to pull the earth in on top.
We received notice last night that Exhibition Night at the elementary school scheduled for tonight was cancelled, along with the school musical, Frozen, which was scheduled for next Saturday and Sunday, was postponed as well.

The kids have been rehearsing about 8 hours a week for the past four months and while it's nice for me (I run sound in a 1,500 seat auditorium so I'm there 6 hours a day Tuesday-Friday and 10 hours a day on show days), the kids, especially the Leads, are devastated.

My oldest is the lead in her school musical of Matilda but that's not scheduled until May. But if LAUSD cancels school for any real length of time, I just don't know what will happen.

I feel for these kids.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:42 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Delusional thinking.
Why? Teams don't need to meet with big time players during Free Agency.

Everything is negotiated by their agents and front office people from the teams.

They can do everything over video chat.
[Reply]
wazu 10:43 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
In KC?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:44 AM 03-12-2020
Bah I don't wanna go stock up on shit at the store, I hate doing that.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 10:45 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
We received notice last night that Exhibition Night at the elementary school scheduled for tonight was cancelled, along with the school musical, Frozen, which was scheduled for next Saturday and Sunday, was postponed as well.

The kids have been rehearsing about 8 hours a week for the past four months and while it's nice for me (I run sound in a 1,500 seat auditorium so I'm there 6 hours a day Tuesday-Friday and 10 hours a day on show days), the kids, especially the Leads, are devastated.

My oldest is the lead in her school musical of Matilda but that's not scheduled until May. But if LAUSD cancels school for any real length of time, I just don't know what will happen.

I feel for these kids.
My oldest daughter STEM robotics team qualified for worlds. Had to break the news to her that it’s probably not going to be an option.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:47 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Why? Teams don't need to meet with big time players during Free Agency.

Everything is negotiated by their agents and front office people from the teams.

They can do everything over video chat.
Ah I took it to mean they are already talking about start of the actual playing season given the suspensions in other sports leagues.

What they do with the draft will be interesting to see but I fail to see any world where it's "business as usual" in September.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 3903
« First < 59109149155156157158159 1601611621631692092596591159 > Last »
Up