ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 72
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The race for the #1 seed in the AFC
BossChief 03:21 PM 11-06-2022
With Buffalo losing to NY today, if we beat Tennessee tonight we will be tied for 1st place in the AFC but Buffalo owns the head to head tiebreaker.

It’s going to be interesting to see the energy KC comes out with tonight.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:31 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Just:13:
I think I'm over estimating the Bills
I'm glad you finally came to terms with this.

Their last 3 wins have come against teams with a combined 12-22 record.

I think there is a good chance they lose 2 of their next 3 (Patriots, Jets, Dolphins).

Their last victory against a winning team was in WEEK SIX.

That mixture spells “fraud.”
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
One would think, but Seattle is not a push over, LV almost beat KC once this year and the Chiefs have issues of playing down to their opponent. As such they have two games against the lowly Broncos that they should win easily, but risk a loss because of that.
There's just no way Seattle comes into KC on Christmas eve and wins. Their defense sucks.

Maybe Vegas cause that game ain't likely to mean much to KC. But if they beat the Bengals, it's all but over for the 1 seed.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:39 AM 11-29-2022
One would think, but Seattle is not a push over, LV almost beat KC once this year and the Chiefs have issues of playing down to their opponent. As such they have two games against the lowly Broncos that they should win easily, but risk a loss because of that.
They don't have issues playing down to opponents... they're actually really freakin' good at it.

I doubt any other team in the league has fewer upset losses than the Chiefs over the last few years, yet it's constantly brought up as some kind of decent risk week to week.

And doesn't Mahomes have some kind of insanely good record in December? Does he have ANY upset losses in December? (and we're apparently talking about the fucking Broncos here, not a Bengals team that made the SB).

Obviously, no team is invincible, but the Chiefs in December are actually pretty close.
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM 11-29-2022
The just won a game over a shit opponent by 2 scores. In the NFL a win by 2 scores is basically a blowout.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:41 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They don't have issues playing down to opponents... they're actually really freakin' good at it.

I doubt any other team in the league has fewer upset losses than the Chiefs over the last few years, yet it's constantly brought up as some kind of decent risk week to week.

And doesn't Mahomes have some kind of insanely good record in December? Does he have ANY upset losses in December? (and we're apparently talking about the fucking Broncos here, not a Bengals team that made the SB).

Obviously, no team is invincible, but the Chiefs in December are actually pretty close.
26-0 in November and December
[Reply]
tredadda 10:42 AM 11-29-2022

I get it. But at the same time saying the #1 seed is all but locked up if they beat Cincinnati is a little premature. I am just glad the team doesn’t think this way.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:44 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
26-0 in November and December
Oh shit, Broncos AND Raiders are in January. :-) :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:45 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Beat the Bengals and the #1 seed is pretty much guaranteed I'd think.

With the remaining schedule, if they're focused, I don't think they'd lose another game.

So if you win this one, there's a good chance of winning out.

Agreed

This is the biggest game left on the schedule.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 10:52 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm glad you finally came to terms with this.

Their last 3 wins have come against teams with a combined 12-22 record.

I think there is a good chance they lose 2 of their next 3 (Patriots, Jets, Dolphins).

Their last victory against a winning team was in WEEK SIX.

That mixture spells “fraud.”
You might be right.

I’ve had similar thoughts about the Bills as i’ve had about the Dolphins.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 10:53 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
There's just no way Seattle comes into KC on Christmas eve and wins. Their defense sucks.

Maybe Vegas cause that game ain't likely to mean much to KC. But if they beat the Bengals, it's all but over for the 1 seed.
I agree. I don’t think KC loses the rest of the regular season.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:56 AM 11-29-2022
I think if we beat Cincy we’ll run the table, barring injury or something wild happening.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Naw. They have solid weapons everywhere on offense. They have a good defense that just signed Chubb. Their defense has played worse than expected, but has been playing better lately. They have good personnel on that side of the ball and they'll get it together.

Where do you think they're lacking? Depth maybe? Because they're solid across the board.
Their defense is middle of the pack at best.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:59 AM 11-29-2022
I get it. But at the same time saying the #1 seed is all but locked up if they beat Cincinnati is a little premature. I am just glad the team doesn’t think this way.
I know what you're saying because a team shouldn't be able to consistently do what the Chiefs do... teams don't usually just get mad down 17-0, take the car out of neutral and put up 30. Teams usually pay for it if they play flat for 3.5 quarters and can't expect their QB to drive down and win a game.

Truth is though, they could probably play worse against the Broncos than they ever did last season against the NYG and Packers and still sweep them and probably wouldn't even need to start Mahomes against the Texas.

Beat the Bengals and it's just about as locked up as it can be in the NFL. That of course doesn't mean just go out there and scrimmage for 60 minutes, of course.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:00 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Just:13:
You might be right.

I’ve had similar thoughts about the Bills as i’ve had about the Dolphins.
your whole division is pretenders

you will all bow to mahomes soon
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:02 AM 11-29-2022

He doesn't have any losses AT ALL in December.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 72
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up