ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 304 of 435
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314354404 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:35 PM 09-20-2021
We were looking for someone to replicate Hill. While I would've been happy with Brown, he doesn't exactly fit that mold
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:06 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Clowney cost $29 million over 3 seasons and a 3rd round pick + some roster chaff.

Clark cost $65 million over those same 3 seasons + a first and second round pick.

This really the argument you want to make?
Yes when one helped win a title and the other is completely useless
[Reply]
-King- 06:09 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
We were looking for someone to replicate Hill. While I would've been happy with Brown, he doesn't exactly fit that mold
Other than being fast, neither does Mecole.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:23 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Other than being fast, neither does Mecole.
Nobody replicates Hill.

That was the mistake they made - thinking they could replicate a unicorn. I said it at the time - if they think they're losing Hill, the answer isn't to replace Hill, it's to re-think their approach. Because Hill is on a HOF career arc, you don't just replace that.

And you don't even find a reasonable facsimile for a guy like that. It's like thinking Noah Gray can replace Travis Kelce if he gets hurt. He can't. If Kelce goes down, you can't just plug Gray in and say 'close enough...'

You'll have to do things differently. And that's why they shouldn't have been looking for a Hill replacement, they should've been looking for the best possible WR they could've gotten their hands on.

I understand why they did what they did - I just don't think they should've done it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:15 PM 09-20-2021
Nobody replicates Hill.

That was the mistake they made - thinking they could replicate a unicorn. I said it at the time - if they think they're losing Hill, the answer isn't to replace Hill, it's to re-think their approach. Because Hill is on a HOF career arc, you don't just replace that.

And you don't even find a reasonable facsimile for a guy like that. It's like thinking Noah Gray can replace Travis Kelce if he gets hurt. He can't. If Kelce goes down, you can't just plug Gray in and say 'close enough...'

You'll have to do things differently. And that's why they shouldn't have been looking for a Hill replacement, they should've been looking for the best possible WR they could've gotten their hands on.

I understand why they did what they did - I just don't think they should've done it.
Damn so you dont think Veach went for the best WR rather one who could replicate Hills game? Even though it's been reported Veach felt pretty confident with the whole Hill situation at the time. Regardless this is a pretty big deal if this is how Veach was thinking with his drafting.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Damn so you dont think Veach went for the best WR rather one who could replicate Hills game? Even though it's been reported Veach felt pretty confident with the whole Hill situation at the time. Regardless this is a pretty big deal if this is how Veach was thinking with his drafting.
I mean....I kinda hope that's what he did.

Because if he really thought Mecole Hardman offered the best possible WR on the board at the time....yikes.

I mean I'll accept "Veach felt like he needed a genuine speed threat to keep the field open for Kelce/Watkins going forward". It's a justification that makes sense anyway. I don't like the thought process, but it's not facially absurd.

But "Brett Veach thought Mecole Hardman was a better overall WR prospect than Terry McLaurin and DK Metcalf...."

Well like I said, that's a yikes. That's a BAD read if that's how he saw it. That's a seriously flawed 'decision lens' for a guy who's not exactly showing a superb eye for WR talent right now.

I mean look at the wealth of WR talent the Chiefs could've had during Veach's tenure. JuJu, Kupp, Godwin, Golladay, Gallup, Kirk, Sutton, Brown, Metcalf, Brown, McLaurin, Johnson, Claypool, Higgins, Mooney, Davis...

There's been a TON of WR talent go off the board in the last few years. I'm not sure your 'hope' here is actually the preferred alternative. I'd rather wrong-headed thinking than just a bad eye for talent.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:09 PM 09-20-2021
I mean....I kinda hope that's what he did.

Because if he really thought Mecole Hardman offered the best possible WR on the board at the time....yikes.

I mean I'll accept "Veach felt like he needed a genuine speed threat to keep the field open for Kelce/Watkins going forward". It's a justification that makes sense anyway. I don't like the thought process, but it's not facially absurd.

But "Brett Veach thought Mecole Hardman was a better overall WR prospect than Terry McLaurin and DK Metcalf...."

Well like I said, that's a yikes. That's a BAD read if that's how he saw it. That's a seriously flawed 'decision lens' for a guy who's not exactly showing a superb eye for WR talent right now.

I mean look at the wealth of WR talent the Chiefs could've had during Veach's tenure. JuJu, Kupp, Godwin, Golladay, Gallup, Kirk, Sutton, Brown, Metcalf, Brown, McLaurin, Johnson, Claypool, Higgins, Mooney, Davis...

There's been a TON of WR talent go off the board in the last few years. I'm not sure your 'hope' here is actually the preferred alternative. I'd rather wrong-headed thinking than just a bad eye for talent.
Hmm I dont know. To think you could replicate Tyreek Hill even in what was that 19'? Is pretty damn delusional. I could see the thinking that Hardman COULD be a better players than those mentioned with some polishing but cloning Reek who's a once in a generation athlete?
[Reply]
JPH83 12:32 AM 09-21-2021
You cant say this without a certain poster screaming at you about how every player the Chiefs have is good and Veach is the best GM but the truth is hes got alot of expensive dead weight on the defensive side of the ball (Clark & Hitchens) guys like Niemann have no business being on the roster.
I'm glad we're finally putting Veach in the crosshairs. There was so much blowing smoke up his arse in the offseason it got weird.

His first round draft picks have been effectively Clark, Brown and CEH, but Clark without the rookie contract as well. That's not looking great. The argument that he was instrumental in the SB win I get but I'd take the counterfactual all day that those players that have been consistently better throughout their careers would have had just as great, if not greater, impact on helping the team win a SB. And the difference might've been them not being a massive deadweight for the rest of their time.

I'm not sure building a legacy is done by bringing in one extremely expensive hired gun for one year's playoff performances.

The Reed signing and Jones move to DE I can't bitch about because I liked the latter part of the equation. But it looks more likely to make us poor in two positions now.

I don't think all Veach's picks and moves have been duds, but there more questionable ones out there now.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:15 AM 09-21-2021
Hmm I dont know. To think you could replicate Tyreek Hill even in what was that 19'? Is pretty damn delusional. I could see the thinking that Hardman COULD be a better players than those mentioned with some polishing but cloning Reek who's a once in a generation athlete?
Generational talents don’t disappear in prime time games like Reek did Sunday. It’s crazy that so many people have been passing the blame around, but I haven’t seen his name mentioned yet. He should have feasted against a banged up Baltimore secondary.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:22 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Generational talents don’t disappear in prime time games like Reek did Sunday. It’s crazy that so many people have been passing the blame around, but I haven’t seen his name mentioned yet. He should have feasted against a banged up Baltimore secondary.
If teams blanket you with coverage, you don't get open and Mahomes should be looking to other guys running wide open rather than forcing it to Hill. Hill gets no blame in my book and deserves credit for the long Kelce, Pringle, and Robison TDs.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:28 AM 09-21-2021
Tyreek is a special case. He requires a double team on essentially every play. When Reek only logs 3 catches for 14 yards as long as he has no drops, fumbles or penalties, I don't have a problem with it. That means he was drawing two defenders on every play, which should leave Kelce or one of these other scrubs with a prime 1-on-1 matchup.

They even talked about it during the game. Teams have mostly been playing with 2 safeties over the top against us to limit the big play and that is almost entirely due to Hill's skillset. No one is playing cover 2 because of Kelce, Robinson, Pringle or even Hardman.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:01 AM 09-21-2021
Mecole was a classic Andy Reid prototype. Metcalf was straight line fast but horrendously slow laterally (remember his 3 cone?).

I think Andy didn’t want Metcalf bc he had seen someone similar in Conley with those issues which limited YAC.

And yeah Terry McLauren is great but keep in mind he was a 3rd rd pick. Everyone passed on him multiple times
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:17 AM 09-21-2021
DK was hurt during the combine.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:20 AM 09-21-2021
Any player - ANY player - can be removed from a gameplan if the opposing coach commits to it. Belichick has always insisted on removing Kelce from the gameplan and as a rule he has succeeded.

The Ravens weren't going to let Hill beat them. They had people blanketing him all day. That was a big part of Kelce and the secondary WR options having good days.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:22 AM 09-21-2021
^ Must of committed to removing our defense with their game plan.
[Reply]
Page 304 of 435
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314354404 > Last »
Up